Archived What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a question.... I am truly not sure what i should do, if anything.

We have a cashier who is very loved at my store. She can sell redcards like no other, a skill that is highly coveted. She gets along with everyone and the TLs adore her. I've never really talked to her, but thats beside the point.

Tonight I was sent to her lane to cover her lunch and she was going into her Redcard spiel. I decided to listen up and maybe get some tips from the one who seems to be the top in the store.

She got the Redcard from the person, but she did it by offering the 5% even if they werent approved. In addition, she offered them an additional $5 off just for trying.

Is this ok? It feels wrong. She always talks super soft, so i doubt anyone knows it is what she is doing.

I hate to stir up any drama, so i feel hesitant to bring it to the TLs attention. What would you do?

Sorry for posting if this has been covered elsewhere, but i have a killer migraine and am not wanting to look at my computer screen for any longer than need be. However, it is majorly on my mind, so i thought i would ask.

This has been covered in other threads but don't worry, I'll answer. All stores are not the same, but we would fire that person, if they were at my store. If that is not an approved promotion at your store, it's a no go. It's your choice whether or not you want to tell someone.

You could ask your GSTL or ETL GE if you guys offer any promotions like that, and if they say no and ask why you're asking, you could tell them what happened. That's one way to let some know without exactly being a "rat." Lol

If you give a fuck and want to squeal, then squeal. If not, just forget about it and move on.

ASANTS. At my store, we offer the 5% even if they don't get approved, but we would never offer any kind of additional discount on top of the 5%. A couple of weekends ago however, we did offer a free small popcorn and drink to anyone who signed up.

I am not a cashier ( thankfully, don't know how you guys deal with the guests and the whole red card thing) . However,, as a long time TM, I can tell you more times than not AP is watching even when you think they are not . If the cashier is offering a discount on top of the 5%..then I am sure Ap is watching .

Definitely ASANTS. My store offers the 5%, but one of the GSTLs will offer more sometimes. I usually suspend and log out since I want nothing to do with it.

We offer the 5% off even if not approved (only on the day they apply). An extra $5 off seems kind of fishy. It's up to you if you want to say something, if you do, I would do it like someone else said and ask if there is a $5 off discount on top of the 5% off when they apply.

At my store, we offer no discounts or anything if the REDcard application is declined. If I offered $5, 5%, or .05% off just for trying, I would probably most definitely lose my job. Consider approaching your preferred ETL, GSTL, or GSA, and casually ask "Can we offer discounts like this with REDcards? I think I've heard of some cashiers actually doing that. Oh, we can't do that?... gotcha. Just checking!"

-CR

I guess it's ASANTS. Our store (told to me by the GSTL) gives 5% just for applying (approved or not)

I decided to jusy let it go. I wont be doing it, but i am not trying to get some chick fired.

what i would do in this case is bring it up by not snitching. if they ask why youre asking say a guest asked you and you simply said you weren't sure. that way you know if your store allows them to give the 5% or not, you can then decide if you wanna snitch or not.

Good, don't be a snitch

My wife was a teacher in an urban school district where she had gang members in her class (one year a former student shot a current student).
The whole don't be a snitch attitude is bullshit on every level.
If something is wrong it should be called out either to the person who is doing it ( if you don't have to worry about getting shot) or to the authorities.
Yes, being a spy for the boss is worst kind of person but looking the other way is how the world turns ugly.

My wife was a teacher in an urban school district where she had gang members in her class (one year a former student shot a current student).
The whole don't be a snitch attitude is bullshit on every level.
If something is wrong it should be called out either to the person who is doing it ( if you don't have to worry about getting shot) or to the authorities.
Yes, being a spy for the boss is worst kind of person but looking the other way is how the world turns ugly.

Shooting someone is on a way different level than giving out a free red card here and there

That's the most extreme example.
It goes from there all the way down the line.
Every time you turn your back on something small, it gets easier to do it the big things.
I'm sure most rational people would say something if it involved grave danger. Though if not, snitching on someone for stealing a bag of chips is an even easier way to get shot

Like they said in Good Fellas, all keep your mouth shut, and don't rat out yr friends. Probably wise advice in Mafia.
I would definitely snitch on a bully, and I would call them out on it right to their stupid face.
I hate records in general so I don't even acknowledge that goat rodeo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back