Archived What's the grossest thing you have ever seen/ found at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my first store we had a very large dead dog rotting in the parking lot in summer. The LOD decided to throw the carcass in the compactor instead of calling animal control. Definitely the worst smell I've ever encountered.

What-Excuse-me-Say-what-GIF.gif

Yesterday, I lifted up the base deck of a pasta endcap in Market to adjust it and I found a roach infestation. I yelled cause it caught me off guard. :eek:

...and we're supposed to call them GUESTS?!!!

My AP has a thing. If you call them for "guest assistance" they know it's not as urgent. If you call them for "customer assistance," they know that something is going down or someone is stealing, and they get over there fast.

ETL-AP logic: If they're stealing, they aren't guests. If they're causing a scene, they aren't guests. But I'll call them customers because this is a store.

The worst one in recent memory was a long snail trail of people droppings, trailing all the way from halfway through RTW all the way to Baby/Boys. Not only was it several yards long, but it weaved a little bit through C9/Sleepwear. From the looks of the path, you'd think they were just casually browsing for a bit before they noticed there was dark green crap all over the floor. No warning, nothing. As we cleaned, guests walked by laughing while a team of salesfloor/softlines TMs and two leaders wiped away.

Another one was not at Target, but at my first job which was a thrift store. An old woman with a toddler in a stroller came in, and she told me right away that she had an accident and needed underwear and pants. I helped her pick some things out quick, then left to finish other tasks at hand thinking she would be fine. Huge mistake. After a minute or so of doing my thing, I see her and she is desperately trying to pick up her mess. The poor woman was mortified, as it dribbled down her pant leg and onto the floor. While my manager and I are trying to help clean up, the fire alarm goes off. I have to help this woman get out of there, as well as a bunch of now perturbed seniors because they can't just die in a fire looking at knickknacks like they wanted to.

After we were allowed to come back into the building, she paid for new underwear and pants. While she changed in the bathroom, I had to clean the money off with hospital-grade sanitizer spray. All this time, my hypochondriac neat freak boss is mopping away at the mess. Poor guy, I sometimes miss that job.

Last edited:
I once had to clean up vomit on an aisle in electronics. It was an unbelievable amount of vomit for one person. It looked like they had been in a spaghetti eating competition. It was all down the aisle and they managed to get it on a lot of merchandise too. So gross!

At my first store we had a very large dead dog rotting in the parking lot in summer. The LOD decided to throw the carcass in the compactor instead of calling animal control. Definitely the worst smell I've ever encountered.

OMG I read that as frog at first but what!!!!! Lol

My store is getting all new base decks for our second floor. They havent been moved at all in 12 years, so we should see what little nasties we find.

Oh good god.

Expect sales signs from 2005.

Ancient product that somehow slipped down there.

5000000 pens

One walkie

My store is getting all new base decks for our second floor. They havent been moved at all in 12 years, so we should see what little nasties we find.

When my store got the E&E remodel, the TL supervising it brought AP a full cart of empty packages. When they freaked out and wondered how they missed such a big theft, the TL said "It's okay, we just tore out all the basedecks in Electronics and MMB."

Full diaper on a shelf of granola bars. The trashcan was a foot away, I don't get it.
And once I grabbed a cart from a stack on the floor and it had a Denny's styrofoam container with an entire meal in it, but unrecognizable because of the mold. Of course I pushed the cart around a bit to other team members to ask if they were hungry, haha.

I have watched an old guy shake a turd out of his pants in the middle of the racetrack once..... It looked like a cow pie...... LOL

Yesterday, I lifted up the base deck of a pasta endcap in Market to adjust it and I found a roach infestation. I yelled cause it caught me off guard. :eek:

Ya id probably yell too haha that is gross....the wort pest problem I have seen at my work is just ants. Either that or the 100000 fruit flies that we kept getting around our pineapples

There's a cart attendant that smells like ass sweat. He's just so fucking gross. He's overweight....which...isn't the gross part, but it seems to cause his grossness. He sweats a lot. But he's un-showered on top of the sweatiness, so that causes odor. His hands are dirty, so when he wipes his sweat, it makes brown streaks on his face, and it makes his clothes brown too. He sags his pants to look cool, but considering how much he sweats, I think the lack of pants covering his butt, causes butt demons to come out. His general mannerisms enhance the unappeal. He snorts, and talks with a lot of saliva in his mouth. He doesn't have a hairstyle. He wears his reflective vest all lop sided and twisted. He's just gross. Is this all mean? Perhaps. I'd certainly never say anything like this to him, good indicator that this is probably mean. But godammit. There is just no excuse for this stench and dirtiness. I know for a fact that this isn't caused by a lack of money or resources. He's just a smelly guy that doesn't give a fuck about hygiene. It's one thing to just be sweaty, or to even have BO. But to be sweaty and that make you smell like fart and salt? GROSS! WTF!

There's a cart attendant that smells like ass sweat. He's just so fucking gross. He's overweight....which...isn't the gross part, but it seems to cause his grossness. He sweats a lot. But he's un-showered on top of the sweatiness, so that causes odor. His hands are dirty, so when he wipes his sweat, it makes brown streaks on his face, and it makes his clothes brown too. He sags his pants to look cool, but considering how much he sweats, I think the lack of pants covering his butt, causes butt demons to come out. His general mannerisms enhance the unappeal. He snorts, and talks with a lot of saliva in his mouth. He doesn't have a hairstyle. He wears his reflective vest all lop sided and twisted. He's just gross. Is this all mean? Perhaps. I'd certainly never say anything like this to him, good indicator that this is probably mean. But godammit. There is just no excuse for this stench and dirtiness. I know for a fact that this isn't caused by a lack of money or resources. He's just a smelly guy that doesn't give a fuck about hygiene. It's one thing to just be sweaty, or to even have BO. But to be sweaty and that make you smell like fart and salt? GROSS! WTF!

:confused::confused::confused::confused::eek::eek::eek::eek:
That is so gross. When we have a hygiene issue with a TM in the front end, our GSTL has no issues pulling them to the side and talk them about it. I am always double checking I am smelling good lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back