Archived What's the grossest thing you have ever seen/ found at target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TM soiled herself and walked from the back of the store all the way to the restrooms up front, leaving a trail along the way. Told nobody. Had to use video to find the source of the mess.

Guests are probably the most disgusting thing I've seen. Obese women wearing tank tops that were made for a toddler -- looks like a piece of twine wrapped around an uncooked turkey

I have seen a naked prostitute in the fitting room. I have cleaned up maggot infested wet dog food, maggot and fly infested spaghetti sauce, helped with the clean up of a drunk old lady (who had secretly been drinking an entire liter of vodka) who urinated all over food avenues bench, floor and the bathroom floor. She was a real peach. I have seen used lady panties, bloody panties baby diapers handed to me while in the fitting room to throw away for them. I found a water bottle on a shelf that I thought was empty and in fact had somebody's mucus spit inside that spilled out on my shirt and hands.

a pile of used dip/chew on a base deck in market
That's a regular occurrence at my store. Chew wads, spit on labels strips/shelves and tons of those smokeless tobacco packets. I don't even think my town is that backcountry. This is the work of some asshole kids, easily. (Most stuff is found around toys/sporting goods and entertainment).

Used vibrators. One on a shelf in HBA and another time in the pharmacy bathroom. Also moldy and maggoty case of wet dog food fresh off the truck.

I'm glad that the worst thing I've found was a half eaten piece of fruit swarmed by fruit flies hidden behind granola bar boxes. BR found a bag of dry dog food open infested with maggots.

I was zoning the backpack wall with a fellow tm once. He noticed what he thought was a tag from an empty in one of the backpacks, so he reached in to grab it. Turns out somebody puked in it.

1) Coworker was operator at the fitting room, started noticing a bit of a stank... that steadily grew worse. Finally investigated, found a pile of poop in a dressing room and immediately recalled an older woman leaving the fitting room earlier, looking sweaty and saying "I have to leave, I have to go.."
2) Another coworker wasn't even working when she saw this, but she witnessed an old man being wheeled through the store with his family, and she noticed that he had begun leaving a small trail of pee dribble, and another coworker kept finding droplets, cleaning them with no idea what the source was when she finally told him.
3) Same coworker that found poo also found a pair of worn panties in a pair of women's workout pants in the returns, complete with discharge.

Used vibrators. One on a shelf in HBA and another time in the pharmacy bathroom. Also moldy and maggoty case of wet dog food fresh off the truck.

So many questions. Who just leaves a vibrator? Who even travels to the store with one in the first place? And then just leaves it behind! Those things aren't cheap! Used? How could you tell? Was it....covered in dried fluids?

Body fluids from strangers are always the worst. Second being bugs. The service desk at my store has a terrible roach problem. They're about 2 inches long sometimes. Supposedly they've called an exterminator, but I see at least one roach per day.

One day when I was working in the fitting room, I had a guest give me swimsuit bottoms with blood in them. Definitely horrifying for me.

We've had several code browns at my store. Once there was a trail from the bathroom to the entrance of the store. Thankfully, I haven't had to clean them up. We've had several dogs poop in our store as well. Working in Food Ave, I clean up lots of drinks every day. There are always old, chunky drinks left in carts that I get to throw out. My old coworker was in an aisle with a family and a little girl looked at him, giggled, and peed her pants while making eye contact with him the whole time. I once found a baby cockroach in front of the soda fountain in Food Ave when I was just starting out. That was the first and only one I've ever seen in the store. I'm pretty scared of them but had to grab it before any guests saw. I wanted to scream when it was in my hand. Maybe I'll have some more stories to share once I start as GSA next month.

Probably a racist.

This Hispanic guy (AB) and I had first started working there, and this dude is looking around, obviously clueless and looking for help. AB approached him and asked if he could help him find anything.

Without a word, the guy goes through the trouble of finding the STL, and says "can somebody help me, who isn't one of them?

STL goes off on the guy, and kicks the asshole out.

Had a SFS Order today for some women's bikini bottoms in Ready to Wear, found the right pair and size, only to find a mysterious stain on the crotch, yuk. INF'd it, and brought it up to Guest Services to be defected. So gross, why do people thing that's okay?

Guests who leave used diapers in carts, why they go to the effort of changing the diaper but not throw it away is beyond me.
My all time favorite would have been the wet cat food containers that got smashed but put on the shelf anyways and now they are stinking up all of pets/seasonal.

I found a rotting corpse in the backroom, once. Super gross and smelly!

Nah, I'm bullshitting...

Body fluids from strangers are always the worst. Second being bugs. The service desk at my store has a terrible roach problem. They're about 2 inches long sometimes. Supposedly they've called an exterminator, but I see at least one roach per day.

Yeah no. Childhood nightmares. I see roaches I am out.

Poop, vomit, blood no problem but roaches "KILL THEM WITH FIRE!!!!!!!"

I once had to clean up vomit on an aisle in electronics. It was an unbelievable amount of vomit for one person. It looked like they had been in a spaghetti eating competition. It was all down the aisle and they managed to get it on a lot of merchandise too. So gross!

At my first store we had a very large dead dog rotting in the parking lot in summer. The LOD decided to throw the carcass in the compactor instead of calling animal control. Definitely the worst smell I've ever encountered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back