6. district team leaders

7. coworkers

8. rules

9. policies

10. laws

1. Guest with a lot of coupons
2. Guest who walk in front of a fully loaded cart pusher

I'll post more as they come

Lets see ---- ( I'll ad to this list as I think of them )

1. - Team members who willfully destroy equipment -

2. - ETL's who defend - Team members who willfully destroy equipment - Example team member jams a screw driver in the baler key slot to "MAKE IT" run !

3. - Spots convoluted way of wanting things repaired - its as if I / we need to be taught.

4. - Spots Kafkaesque way of doing things.

3 & 4 - there's a difference --

5. - Spending more and more time at a computer - when I should actually be repairing something.

6. - ETL's - who spent one summer in college sweeping a floor in their uncles shop -- now their staring over my shoulder as I rebuild a Crown Stacker's hydraulics saying - "Doesn't that washer go the other way" --

7. - Team members who watch home improvement shows on the weekend - now watching me spackle a hole in the wall saying - "Bob Vela doesn't do it that way" --

8. - Team members who work at Ptomaine Ave. who never clean anything - and when stuff breaks down from rotten food decaying in the works -- I get blamed for it.

9. - Guests who watch and willfully allow their offspring destroy the stores interior.

10. - Team members who try to go "Through" a gondola end cap - rather go around it.

11. - Team members who use the lite duty shelving as ladders.

12. - Team members who love to walk the rolling ladders - rather than get the hell off and "ROLL IT".

13. - STL's who think I'm 6 separate people when they have that surprise inspection - they knew about 3 weeks earlier.

14. - Vendors who show up to make repairs and don't have the necessary parts with them - then I go to Granger or where ever - get the part - complete the repair - keep the store up and running - I shouldn't need to do that.

15. - Vender's who pad the bill and ask me to keep quiet about it !

16. - Vender's who don't come back - because Spot is late paying them.

17. - All national cleaning company's --- period !

18. - Team members who think they know how to dismantle a WAVE !

19. - Team members who think crowns and WAVES run on magic.

20. - The A-P team who think their **** don't stink !

21. - Going to other stores in my district to bail out inept SFT's who shouldn't have been hired in the first place - their related to someone in that store.

22. - Finding a completely dead WAVE - pushing it to the charger - pulling the fuse - taping a note to it saying - "Let it charge till 00:00" - coming back 5 minutes later to see the note folded into an airplane - and the WAVE 20' away - and the other ones are next to it.

23. - Team members who load an end-cap with cases of water - top to bottom - and wounder why it collapses.

24. - The tin foil jammed into the fuse holder from # 22.

25. - When the overnight team needs to make to many cardboard bails - and the phantom gos on top and turns up the pressure on the valve ( all on video ) the next day while a bale is made -- a hose lets go and oil shoots like a geyser all over my freshly painted walls.

26. - Why didn't they get a better actress to play Sookie !

27. - They need to kill off Joffrey Baratheon in the first 5 minutes of the next season !

28. - Anyone who thinks graffiti is art --- "ITS VANDALISM"

29. - I cant find Captain Crunch in my store -- but I'll stop at any other store -- there it is.

30. - They don't sell Jones seasonal sodas -- all year long.

31. - If I go to McDonald's for lunch -- I don't want to come back.

32. - Why did they cancel "Deadwood"

34. - Bring back "Caprica" !

32. - Guests calling me Mr. Target.

33. - You know the stainless bumpers pined into the floor at the corners of the gondolas to prevent the team from crushing the sheet metal with their crappy handling of the pallet jacks - when the holes are filled with floor wax and there missing -- see # 17

34.A - Team members bearly make ends meet and this is flying around --

71a28012.jpg

34.B - Ditto -

4b8f615c.jpg

35. - The O / P for starting this thread -- I gotta be up in 5 hours !

36. - Seeing the car-dude trying to push 50 carts up-hill- But when the pusher brakes - that's job security for me -- but it just annoys me.

37. - "Power-Washing" !!!

38. - When I move the mousey thing out of this box -- everything I typed jumps 5 or 6 lines - then I have to fight with it to get to where I left off !!!

39. - Listening to every person in my store complaining how Spot wants his store run ---- "Spot knows best".

40. - Seeing everybody give me dirty looks -- because they know I'm just so God-dammed Happy.

41. - Dirty diapers left at Ptomaine Ave. whether there in the trash bin or not.

42. - Sending out resumes for going on 2 years now and not one decent job offer - but despite that - I'm still so God-dammed happy here.

43. - When a guest asks me where something is - I'll eather tell them or find a T / M to direct them - My store is within striking distance from an Army base - when someone comes in wearing their BDU's - I'll walk them over to where it is and help anyway I can --- if their behind me at Ptomaine Ave. I'll wink at "Register Girl" she knows not to charge them and I'll pay the bill later -- HR has told me NOT TO DO THIS !!

44. - Every so often I'll be asked by a team member - help them with their car - a problem in their apartment -- if its a single parent trying to make ends meet - if I can -- I will -- they buy the parts - I'll do the work -- my payment is only a beer or lunch nothing more. When a ETL hears this-they want me to rebuild their entire house - and when I say a flat out "No" - they run to HR -- HR then tells me I shouldn't help Jane get her car running to take her kid to child care ------- and get to work. Its my free time !!!!!!!

45. - "Reindeer Run" -- you cross worshipers do the weirdest things - I'm happy to sit in a corner and spin my Dreidel. Which I made out of wood - the old one kept cracking.

46. - Team members who "Hide" their PDA's in the spill stations - when my boss sees them - I have to hear it. When I find them --- I re-hide them. After I find 3 or 4 -- I turn them in ------

47. - People who love to dump their trash behind the store - while I help to move it into the dumpster - I look for something with an address on it - if I find something - I'll go there after work - knock on the door - they see my shirt - I say -- "I know what you did" - then just leave ----

48. - ETL's who think my cage is their personal tool shed ! There not all Spots tools --- "John" !

49. - At the end of a "sneeze-onal" change an ETL will "Help" me by taking the power poles and jam them into the space between the ceiling tiles and the roof into the steel girders - screwing up the lights / phone wires / data wires - I'm surprised he hasn't set off the sprinklers yet. I have a place to store them ----- John !

50. - If I make the mistake and try to change out the wheel bearings on a pallet jack and turn my back -- every single time - I come back to find Someone trying to use it -- and telling me its hard to pull - 2 X 4 under one side / old wheel next to the new wheel / tools all on laying on one of the out rigger rails --- Duh ---

51. - Team members from other stores pop in or when I go into another store - and they know what I do for Spot --- and complain to "Me" about their SFT -- Hes not my son --- I didn't train him ( maybe I did ? ) -- I'm the last person to tell - I gots my own crap to worry about ------ standard answer ---- "What day is it today ----- nope I watch him on alternating Tuesday's and Sundays" -- unless its a blatant safety issue - then I'll tell my boss --- I'm not a complete dick ?

52. - Every morning when I get to the store - I drive around the building - make a mental note if needed of stuff - graffiti / trash dumped behind the building / an extra amount of beer bottles on the grass ( there's a bar near by ) / odd ball cars or vans ( don't ask ) / drunks sleeping it off ( I don't bother them - sleep and drive sober-er ) ---- but what bothers the hell out of me --- the cart corrals are pined - they can be lifted off ---- but there's always one or two I need to reset ---- its like a twisted phone cord in my mind ---------------

53. - Speaking of twisted phone cords --- Why is it when I need to use the phone in the Team Lead room -- the cords are twisted tighter than my STL's underwear --- some are so bad - I feel like Oliver Wendell Douglas up the pole trying to call the Monroe Brothers about the plumbing ---

54. - Male team members who wear their pants way to low -- when they bend over to pick up something --- there's major but-crack showing --- one day I'm either going to spackle it closed or go and find a bike for it ---

55. - White male team members who try to act black - ain't gonna happen -- you-all just look dumb --

56. - When I change out ceiling tiles or lamps - I understand why guests always stand under me / offspring of guests try to climb up the skyjack / guests will ask me if I can see their kid wearing the red sweatshirt and the sneakers that have the lights in the heals - its because they don't care for their safety or their looking to make a quick buck - I will stop what I'm doing till its clear below me - I've head of SFT's dropping tiles on guests - having lamps land in front of them --- one time there was a kid standing next to the mast - if I didn't look down before I started lowering - splat or at least a slow squish. Why the hell do team members feel compelled to zone right below me ! And if one more team member takes my photo while I'm up there -- I can toss a tile 4 to 6 isles --- accurately ---

test

Last edited:
1. People who don't put their fixtures away in the fixture room, creating a death trap. It's not that difficult to put fixtures away, especially when the fixture room has been cleaned and organized.

I'm tired of cleaning up after everybody else. I know it's in my job description, but I shouldn't have to constantly pick up after lazy TMs who can't be bothered to put their stuff away, especially when they are common everyday fixtures.

2. People who don't break their peghooks down.

3. When ETLs hold me accountable for keeping the fixture room clean and safe, and I can't hold the TMs accountable for their messes left behind.

4. TMs who use the floor as a garbage can, even though there's one right there. Or the garbage can is overflowing, and they don't take it to the trash.

5. People who take the backer paper, signing, or fixtures out of a box, and leave the empty box behind instead of taking it to the trash.

6. Lack of common sense.

7. Guests who call for me and ask questions from the other end of the aisle. Don't be rude and shout at me, come up and talk to me like a normal person.

8. MySupport and the some of the responses I get, which have nothing to do with the question I asked.

9. The way Target names some of the fixtures or supplies in TIPP. It would be nice if they could have multiple descriptions of the items when you're looking for a part when you're not sure of the name. The official fixture name, and other descriptions that it would fit in (metadata) so it comes up in search. It would make it so much easier (and eliminates MySupport requests). I can't think of an example off the top of my head, but one fixture I ordered, the name was way off from what anybody thought it was called.

10. When clicking on a link in TIPP takes you to the company's webpage, only to have the webpage blocked by ITS so you can't view a picture of the item.

Last edited:
5. - Spending more and more time at a computer - when I should actually be repairing something.

22. - Finding a completely dead WAVE - pushing it to the charger - pulling the fuse - taping a note to it saying - "Let it charge till 00:00" - coming back 5 minutes later to see the note folded into an airplane - and the WAVE 20' away - and the other ones are next to it.

30. - They don't sell Jones seasonal sodas -- all year long.

Amen to these. My SFT complains about the paperwork part of it. He says it takes longer for him to go to the computer, create a work order, go fix it, then close the work order. Would be so much easier if he could just fix it on the spot.

I'll add to the WAVE one. When I have major overhead sets, and know that I'll be using the WAVE for several hours in the morning, and I send off an email and get with the LODs to pass on the word to please make sure that the WAVE is plugged in to charge overnight (4 am store), so that I can have a fully charged WAVE the next morning to do the overhead sets and not be stuck in the air on a dead one. I come in, and both WAVs have 2 bars of battery charge on them. That was fun with the SHOPS signing which had to be done before the store opened at 8. >_<

My SFT just chains and padlocks the gates shut on the WAVE so they can't get on and drive off with it.

Last edited:
Being told to do something I do every day.
"Don't forget to pull research." Really? I've only worked at this place longer than the entire ETL staff combined, and now you're going to tell me to do something I do, on time, Every. Freaking. Day.

1. team members who don't work (the ones who can be found in every area except their own,etc) getting a ton of hours
2. tm who complain about hours but have stupid availability (like only available Saturdays between 9 and 2...yup that's one way to get all your Saturdays off)
3. guests who aren't satisfied with the 20 tm's that tell them the same thing so they call corporate and demand to talk to the district manager.
4. guests who are high and mighty
5. condescending tl's
6. lack of communication starting at the top.

1. Guests who cannot give their stuff to a TM when they decide they don't want it and put it where ever they please.

2. Extra points if it's a perishable item.

3. Guests who say anything to me besides, "sure," when I ask to scan their ID for whatever.

4. Coworkers who are at work 20 minutes before they punch in, but are still 5 minutes late finding their way to their lane.

5. Guests who won't put their clothes down on the belt, or freak out if they aren't folded perfectly along creases when out into bags.

6. Guests who think they are going to hold up my line while their kid gets something else, or they just plain aren't done shopping yet.

7. Guests who come through my lane on their cell phone.

8. Guests who take the bags off the holder before I have filled them.

9. When they give out bribes (food) to people to get them to attend huddle, thus leaving out the cashiers and such who don't have the option to attend so we get nothing since we didn't attend.

I'm slipping...I know there are more.

Last edited:
Oh I had one today. Some yuppie in his BMW SUV parked his car right in front of the cart bay doors. I had a full train of carts and came to a stop thinking he'd leave soon. 1 minute after another ticked by and he continued to sit there blocking my way. After about 8 minutes I lost my patience and walked up to his open window and asked if he was going to be a while. I told him I had a row of carts to bring in. His reply: "My wife is in the bathroom, can you give me another minute or two?" So another 5 minutes go buy then his wife comes out and she comes to his driver-side door and have an argument and keep talking. Whole time I was like friggin' move already! I have work to do!!!! I'm continually perplexed at how arrogant and rude people can be. I must have stood there 15 minutes before he finally moved for me. He could have just pulled forward a couple car lengths to give me the room to bring them in, but oh no, he's gotta sit there because he wants to be a complete douche bag and hold me up!

1. ETL's Tl's with their everyday gathering feast of breakfest lunch n dinners they'll also invite target mobile but don't even ask any team member if they are interested on gettin food

2. They also go all together at once leaving no supervisor coverage on the floor

3. Guests who willingly know we get timed on speed and try 2 screw my score

4. Well any guests that do that 2 can play that game

5. Guests who can't understand a Redcard is also a Credit or Debit card

6. People who don't look at the bright lights on top of the registers noting all open ones

I can go on & on but I need a nap b4 my 4am shift lol

a bale is made -- a hose lets go and oil shoots like a geyser all over my freshly painted walls.

26. - Why didn't they get a better actress to play Sookie !

Seriously she needs to stop acting naive and innocent. Her character hasn't been that since the first season, and she doesn't even do it well. I've never watched a show whose main character I couldn't stand. It's interesting.

Also, I think you need a vacation. That is all.

when guests don't use dividers when they're purchasing -_- having to get 2 redcards every shift no matter what, the lack of cashiers at the front lanes when target is paaacked. a million more things.

I'm new and in food ave, but I already have some peeves...

...Coming back from lunch or break and the TL or people that have been in Food ave way longer than I have not throwing expired pizzas and they're still sitting in the hot hold.
...Completely running out of topped pizzas....If you see we're running low, top more...Running out when we have plenty of dough is pure laziness.
...Being in Food avenue PERIOD. I would so much rather be a cashier or operator..or anything that isnt working with popcorn.

Oh I had one today. Some yuppie in his BMW SUV parked his car right in front of the cart bay doors. I had a full train of carts and came to a stop thinking he'd leave soon. 1 minute after another ticked by and he continued to sit there blocking my way. After about 8 minutes I lost my patience and walked up to his open window and asked if he was going to be a while. I told him I had a row of carts to bring in. His reply: "My wife is in the bathroom, can you give me another minute or two?" So another 5 minutes go buy then his wife comes out and she comes to his driver-side door and have an argument and keep talking. Whole time I was like friggin' move already! I have work to do!!!! I'm continually perplexed at how arrogant and rude people can be. I must have stood there 15 minutes before he finally moved for me. He could have just pulled forward a couple car lengths to give me the room to bring them in, but oh no, he's gotta sit there because he wants to be a complete douche bag and hold me up!
I always honk my horn at them on the cart pusher and I get real close. I then tell the GSTL that he isn't suppose to park there and I thought he was going to move and the carts were blocking the driving area.

I'm new and in food ave, but I already have some peeves...

...Coming back from lunch or break and the TL or people that have been in Food ave way longer than I have not throwing expired pizzas and they're still sitting in the hot hold.
...Completely running out of topped pizzas....If you see we're running low, top more...Running out when we have plenty of dough is pure laziness.
...Being in Food avenue PERIOD. I would so much rather be a cashier or operator..or anything that isnt working with popcorn.
Our pizzas don't even get topped. We make top and put them in the oven as needed (Every 10 mins).
Also, when food ave gets busy pizza sometimes stay 5-10 minutes longer in the hot hold. I don't do this but the FATL and other FA team members do.

I would have lashed 5 carts together to the pusher and left it 1/32" from his front bumper -- walk up to him holding my crotch and say - "I'll be right back --- I gotta go potty real bad"

Last edited:
7. Guests who come through my lane on their cell phone.

We had a female type at the register's last year - after the guest got off his cell -- just before she was done ringing him up - she actually said "Ring - ring - ring" -- "Hold on a second - I gotta take this my kid is sick" - and turned her back on him :huh:

She quit for bigger and better job.

2600 piece truck, 5 man br team and we are behind two trucks. Tl and her bff's chatting instead of helping us backstock... Or do anything for that matter

When the previous Food Ave closer left me to open with:

1. Dirty tables

2. Dirty counter tops and prep areas

3. Dirty microwave

4. Dirty Popcorn machine

5. Dirty Icee machine

6. No temps recorded for their entire shift

7. No salads and no sandwiches prepped

8. Out of date foods to be thrown out last night still stocked.

9. Condiments not stacked properly

10. Opened foods left in bags, and not put in containers...so the juices dripped on everything else.

11. Then when I report everything to the ETL, I get the response..."It most have been busy last night."
- I never left until everything was cleaned, stocked, and prepped, or unless it was communicated.

Last edited:
10. Signs for last weeks ad still in place...on Thursday night. Bonus points if some of the ad signs for the same product (different flavor) were taken down but others were not.

11. Friends who find out where I'm working and show up at my door with money for me to pick up a sale item that I'm not even sure will fit in my car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back