Archived When I decided to be AP, nobody told me I'd have to deal with...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woman ODing on heroin in the middle of the front checkout lanes then a guy trying to kidnap her while she was unconscious. Guy trying to kidnap a child. Guy pulling up in front of a female team member and standing up in his car and jacking off. Homeless people getting naked in the bathroom and washing their underwear. Kids having sex on the floor in the bathroom. Guy shitting in the stairwell. People huffing stolen canned air and pulling the fire alarm and passing out outside the store. Team member threatening to shoot up the store and murder everyone. One of my former coworkers tackling a knife wielding crackhead and getting stabbed. Same former coworker almost getting shot during a Dyson booster apprehension. Getting spit on and punched in the stomach by a meth head during an apprehension over a pair of sunglasses. Violent purse snatching robbery in the middle of the store. Being threatened, taunted, harassed, provoked, screamed and cursed at.
...I am so sorry. My condolences.

Woman ODing on heroin in the middle of the front checkout lanes then a guy trying to kidnap her while she was unconscious. Guy trying to kidnap a child. Guy pulling up in front of a female team member and standing up in his car and jacking off. Homeless people getting naked in the bathroom and washing their underwear. Kids having sex on the floor in the bathroom. Guy shitting in the stairwell. People huffing stolen canned air and pulling the fire alarm and passing out outside the store. Team member threatening to shoot up the store and murder everyone. One of my former coworkers tackling a knife wielding crackhead and getting stabbed. Same former coworker almost getting shot during a Dyson booster apprehension. Getting spit on and punched in the stomach by a meth head during an apprehension over a pair of sunglasses. Violent purse snatching robbery in the middle of the store. Being threatened, taunted, harassed, provoked, screamed and cursed at.
Good lord, when did we open a store in Baghdad?
Seriously though, I've dealt with my fair share of Crazy, but you take the cake.

My AP dude had to deal with this woman who got caught with thousands of dollars worth of shit and she legit broke down sobbing and yelling "I DIDN'T MEAN TO STEAL ANYTHIIIING". Yes you did?!
There was also a story about a guy trying to cut through spider wrap but accidentally sliced his fucking arm open and all AP had to do was follow his trail of blood around the store. He bled all over quite a bit of merchandise too so that was a lot of defectives
We had a guy do almost exactly the same thing. My co-worker was doing a floor walk when he saw a guy crouching down in an aisle and went over to investigate. Unbeknownst to him, the guy was cutting open packages with a razor blade. The guy turns around, sees the TPS coming, freaks out, and cuts his entire hand open in the process and starts gushing blood everywhere, before running out of the store. Me, the other TPS, and the LOD spent the rest of the shift trying to track down and clean up the blood all over the store. Not my favorite day.

Really depends, we didn't call PD for low dollar amounts + ID. It's more of an effort to save time, sometimes we waited for PD upwards of three hours, so we'd avoid it if we could. Most times if they have an ID, PD would cite them over the phone.
Maybe it's because I'm in a large city but PD doesn't even cite shoplifters where I'm at. We have to personally file charges at later date with the prosecutors office. I usually meet with a prosecutor about once a week to do all the paperwork. Which is time I'm not spending at the store.

Now that I think of it is a good reason for us to have PD ID them so we don't press charges on the wrong person. Also trespasses in my city are technically not legal unless done so in the presence of law enforcement.

A few others I've had happen on my watch....

A fight between a TM and a guest. The guest made several racial remarks toward the TM. The TM finally snapped, told the guy to f*** off and then proceeded to punch him in the face.

Kids who have inhaled canned air in the store. One time I watched on cameras as the kid selected a can and went towards shoes. Sent my TPS out there to stop the kid. Too late. The kid blacked out, took out a pegged section with his face and then pissed himself.

Went to app a lady pushing out a cart full of mostly food. When me and the other APS approached she screamed rape and proceeded to throw bags of frozen vegetables at us.

The newly hired seasonal cashier who completely cleared out and pocketed all the bills from the till......on her first day.

The newly hired seasonal cashier who completely cleared out and pocketed all the bills from the till......on her first day.
She's a special breed of stupid.
Had a guy, in his first week, load up $750 worth of gift cards, pocketed them, then went to the other store in town and bought an XBOX, PS4, and Beats. Fired him two weeks to the day after his orientation.

A fight between a TM and a guest. The guest made several racial remarks toward the TM. The TM finally snapped, told the guy to f*** off and then proceeded to punch him in the face.

Kids who have inhaled canned air in the store. One time I watched on cameras as the kid selected a can and went towards shoes. Sent my TPS out there to stop the kid. Too late. The kid blacked out, took out a pegged section with his face and then pissed himself.

Went to app a lady pushing out a cart full of mostly food. When me and the other APS approached she screamed rape and proceeded to throw bags of frozen vegetables at us.

How did you guys catch the cashier? Did you app her on her first day or put a warrant out?

Also was the team member in the fight fired? Who won?

She's a special breed of stupid.
Had a guy, in his first week, load up $750 worth of gift cards, pocketed them, then went to the other store in town and bought an XBOX, PS4, and Beats. Fired him two weeks to the day after his orientation.

And how did you guys APP this idiot? Did he have to pay the money back or return the items?

And how did you guys APP this idiot? Did he have to pay the money back or return the items?
I think it might be best not to say how they caught him. Unless you were asking about the logistics of actually sitting him down and telling him that they knew and not how they found out.

How did you guys catch the cashier? Did you app her on her first day or put a warrant out?

Also was the team member in the fight fired? Who won?
The TM in the fight was termed that day.

I think it might be best not to say how they caught him. Unless you were asking about the logistics of actually sitting him down and telling him that they knew and not how they found out.

Without going into too much details anything that is done on the register leaves a "paper trail". That is how we typically catch people.

But in my example of the girl pocketing money myself, my APTL and ETL AP caught the girl doing it live on camera so we didn't even need to wait for the report.

Do they not put bitterant agents in the canned air we carry? That shit makes it impossible to inhale, I got just a bit once when I had my face almost inside my PC case while I was dusting it and it hacked and coughed hard for a couple of minutes.

Do they not put bitterant agents in the canned air we carry? That shit makes it impossible to inhale, I got just a bit once when I had my face almost inside my PC case while I was dusting it and it hacked and coughed hard for a couple of minutes.
Yeah they still put a bittering agent in it, but people who are huffing canned air inside a Target are not the most rational people, and they'll take the taste for the high. I've seen it happen before too. Never had anyone pass out, but I've seen them huff it. They're crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back