Archived Where is this where is that located

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just started working at target recently and everyday I am overwhelmed with being asked where an item is located im still trying to learn myself I love to help the customers though so what should I do. And how long did it take you guys to learn the aisles.

Do you shop at your Target? If you can learn general areas where items are, thats a good start. If you work out on the sales floor, you should be able to search items on your My Device or PDA and direct guests to the aisles. Cashiers are not expected to know where everything is but like I said, no matter where you're working, you should know general areas of the store or whats in each block of the store.

If you are still learning, and have the time, take a bit out of your day after you clock out to explore the aisles. Learn the basics of each block, I know the general locations of items at my store because I've shopped there for 3 years before working there but when you actually work there you pick it up just by stocking/zoning.

General locations help. And when it's like a specific item, i usually good "item name target" and then pull it up on the Target.com page and scroll to item details, find the DPCI and type it into the mydevice

I just started working at target recently and everyday I am overwhelmed with being asked where an item is located im still trying to learn myself I love to help the customers though so what should I do. And how long did it take you guys to learn the aisles.

The more you work it will become second nature. I always tell guest I dont know where something is but I am willing to help them look. They will usually appreciate you trying to help and you will learn for yourself.

I assume you are hardlines? Pushing enough cafs you will know everything on the floor and whether we sell an item or not.

Like Nokiddiegloves said, you can always ask on the walkie. Even the TMs who have been in my store for years ask "Team, where is (item) located?" or "Team, do we sell (item)?"

If all else fails, what you could always do is download the Target app on your phone, set it to your store's location, and search it. If your store sells it, it should at least show what aisle it's on. Now if you want a specific location, just click on Product Details and the DPCI should be at the very bottom. Just type that
xxx-xx-xxxx number in a MyDevice, PDA, or on a register in the Location button.

I've found that downloading Cartwheel, Registry, and the Target app actually help a lot with guests' questions. At least it's helped me a lot.

Google I use google for everthything add target and it comes up usually with the aisle number

(A) block Chemicals (A) block hair care/beauty (B) block appliances and office supplies (G1-3) Oral health (G4-7) Toiletries and cooking/baking/food storage (G) block dry grocery (C-D) typically block house decor (F) block seasonal/holiday seasonal (E) Toys (O) All things infant. Electronics, womens/mens/toddler are all pretty much their own thing so you should be able to point them in that direction where somebody working the area can show them specifics.

Thats not very thourough but you get the jist. Also not every store is the same i suppose.

(A) block Chemicals (A) block hair care/beauty (B) block appliances and office supplies (G1-3) Oral health (G4-7) Toiletries and cooking/baking/food storage (G) block dry grocery (C-D) typically block house decor (F) block seasonal/holiday seasonal (E) Toys (O) All things infant. Electronics, womens/mens/toddler are all pretty much their own thing so you should be able to point them in that direction where somebody working the area can show them specifics.

Thats not very thourough but you get the jist. Also not every store is the same i suppose.

Not even close to my store.

Your phone should never be used for work. Ever.. Complain that you are not given equipment to do your job properly.

You said it best. That isnt even close to the setup at my store.

Your phone should never be used for work. Ever.. Complain that you are not given equipment to do your job properly.

I agree however you do what you have to. A shame a multi billion dollar company has us fighting for mydevices.

I do complain. But what is complaining to do. I do occasionally use my phone to look up something if I have no mydevice. I'll even use it sometimes, if I have a PDA, because I'll show a guest a picture of something that they might be looking for.

That's your choice. Target gives you the option of whether or not to use personal devices at work. You sign a waiver when you're hired.

Unless that waiver was in the hiring packages from seven years ago no I didn't sign it. And knowing me, I would never sign something like that. Use my personal device for my job uncompensated? Yeah not happening.

Unless that waiver was in the hiring packages from seven years ago no I didn't sign it. And knowing me, I would never sign something like that. Use my personal device for my job uncompensated? Yeah not happening.
It's a CHOICE. You don't have to sign the waiver. It wasn't there when I was hired either.

When my options are help the guest or tell them no, and have to deal with them being upset. I will help them every time. My store is pretty liberal with letting you use your phone on the floor so I dont mind looking up stuff for guest and if my wife text me, I look at it and respond.

Last edited:
When my options are help the guest or tell them no out of principal to deal with them being upset. I will help them every time. My store is pretty liberal with letting you use your phone on the floor so I dont mind looking up stuff for guest and if my wife text me, I look at it and respond.

Its hard not to use your phone. It takes forever to look up stuff on a mydevice on target's website. I still dont understand why a group of people in flow all need radios and mydevices if they are all stocking toys together. Nothing thrills me more to have to ask " Hey team, who has a mydevice hardlines can have?" One time I asked 3 times for a mydevice for a guest and no one responded, the guest started to get upset when I had to leave to go find one then to come back to leave again for furniture. Thats uncalled for.

Its hard not to use your phone. It takes forever to look up stuff on a mydevice on target's website. I still dont understand why a group of people in flow all need radios and mydevices if they are all stocking toys together. Nothing thrills me more to have to ask " Hey team, who has a mydevice hardlines can have?" One time I asked 3 times for a mydevice for a guest and no one responded, the guest started to get upset when I had to leave to go find one then to come back to leave again for furniture. Thats uncalled for.
It's ridiculous. And apparently everyone on the flow team needs a set of Electronics keys in the morning that they only use once but feel the need to keep until I'm shouting over the walkie for one of them to hand a set over. As for MyDevices? I'm lucky to get one these days. If you're not a closer, good luck getting your hands on one because the 4AM team wipes them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back