Archived Who back stocks the C&S truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store we receive a C&S truck every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday morning. The team varies between 4-5 team members who are from flow. The schedule is 6am-10:30am with 2 people scheduled until 12. Now after push is done at around 9:00-9:30 sometimes longer depending on size the whole team backstocks until 10:30 when the team leaves at the 2 people scheduled until 12:00 take their lunch until 11:00 then continue to backstock until 12:00.

Now this past week our ETL announced that the back room will be doing the back stocking from now on. I feel like I'm getting robbed of that extra hour which equals 12 hours a month. My question is does your C&S team backstock the C&S truck or does the back room do it at your store?

Last edited:
Our c&s team had done it for the longest time. But they kept screwing things up, so we just had a backroom team member come in and as a part of the c&s team, but he does all the back stocking. But also helps push.

I have 4 flow tm's scheduled 6am-12pm. There is 1 dedicated backroom tm that does the bs, he is scheduled 6am-1pm.

We backstock anything and everything except FDC. The new market TL has started having her guys backstock food trucks. Errors are through the roof in the coolers.

So how are errors determined in the coolers?
Just like they are determined anywhere in the backroom. There are a few ways an error can occur. The most common cause is an incorrect quantity of a single DPCI being stowed into a location and the entire quantity not being removed. Another is ghost errors as I like to call them, nobody knows for certain how or why it happens but the system will not populate a DPCI correctly and does not know how many are in a location even if it was stowed correctly. If the product is not removed from the system in the location even after it is physically not there anymore a baffle has been made.

We have 1 TM on the FDC truck sechdule 7 am to 3:30 pm to back stock all 4 days the other 3 or 4 TMs only work 5 1/2 hours no lunch.
This back stocker back stocks dairy deli freezer and Lunch meat lunchables hotdogs. Trucks are usually 1100 pieces. The PAs always push and STO ambient, meat (fresh), produce cooler.

Just like they are determined anywhere in the backroom. There are a few ways an error can occur. The most common cause is an incorrect quantity of a single DPCI being stowed into a location and the entire quantity not being removed. Another is ghost errors as I like to call them, nobody knows for certain how or why it happens but the system will not populate a DPCI correctly and does not know how many are in a location even if it was stowed correctly. If the product is not removed from the system in the location even after it is physically not there anymore a baffle has been made.
Ghosts are when the system thinks something is there but isn't. The issue you appear to be having is tied to the item merge report that should be done weekly.

Ghosts are when the system thinks something is there but isn't. The issue you appear to be having is tied to the item merge report that should be done weekly.
Yes! I forgot about that. Sadly, nobody here thinks it's worth doing. Idk the last time it was done in our BR honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back