Archived Who does the real managing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have one guy (let's just call him Bill) that handles all the clean up lol. 15 minutes before opening everyone's all over the walkie like, "Bill come grab this cage! BILL! Cage in stationary! BILL! BILL!!! OMFG BILL!!!"

giphy.gif

BILL BILL BILL BILL

Our store is micromanaged by our StL. Etls do NOTHING without running it past the StL. TLs have little interaction with tms anymore and rarely seem to have any idea of what "the plan" is. I rarely saw my TL...and now am waiting for a new one. My team has noticed no difference. They could save a lot of payroll if they just don't hire anyone. We wouldn't even notice.

It's definitely the TLs at my store. We got a new STL 5 or 6 months ago, and she definitely believes in the leadership pyramid. TLs managing TMs, ETLs managing TLs, and STL managing ETLs. We have a lot of ownership to make decisions for our workcenters.

I forgot to mention that my ETL also knows how to solve interpersonal conflicts at work, and achieve a win-win outcome. After he talked to the parties involved, both changed their behavior for the better and able to work together again. He is not afraid to engage in difficult conversations, and he is also generous with compliments. He listens to his team, and ask them how they are doing. He is approachable, and he tries his best to understand the needs of the individual people in our team.

He trains new ETL all the time. He is admired and respected by his peers and superiors.

You are very lucky indeed. TLs, ETLs, and LODs seem to vary in performance, excellence, and delegation a bit at my store. I'd love to have definitives instead of a spree of inconclusives!

@Penrose I had an etl-log like that. He just got promoted to etl process or something like that...can't recall the exact position, but it's a big deal. So it can happen and some don't want out of logistics if they are good at it.

We have a new ETL now...my ETL, Alexander the Great, got assigned to a troubled store...When you're the best, you get to fix all the other troubles. I wish him the best all the time. :)

I think certain work center's lean more on either the TL or an ETL. For me, I know my team goes solely to me for anything since I handle the scheduling, work tasks, I status with them amongst other things and plus the fact that no one in the store understands how Starbucks runs, my team falls on me. My ETL doesn't know what to do if I'm absent, so it doesn't really matter whether I have an ETL or not and I think my team knows that.

you could have a fresh out of college etl or a tl that's been there 20 years. you can have a hands on stl, or one who is from a different company and used to relying on his managers. everyone's different, has different styles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back