Who else has alot of items locked up in your store?

Or you could let them know their item will be held at guest service for them while they continue shopping.

You clearly have no idea how to properly interact with fellow humans.
And create more work for guest services aka telling the guest they can ring up their entire order there?

No thanks. I don't screw fellow TMs

Today in electronics a TM discovered someone legitimately ripped the locked pegs off in order to grab some stuff. It was left broken and in a mess and the shelf was damaged.
Just confused as to how no one heard it happening... if it happened today.
The tm may not of been schedule to help the guest or no coverage in electronics.

And create more work for guest services aka telling the guest they can ring up their entire order there?

No thanks. I don't screw fellow TMs

No need to screw fellow TMs. We have items held for guests at guest services, but we tell guests that when go through a regular check lane to just let the cashier know that they have a specific item on hold for them. Cashier alerts GSTL, then GSTL fetches the item from guest services. Item is scanned and purchased at check lanes. Easy and quick.

No need to screw fellow TMs. We have items held for guests at guest services, but we tell guests that when go through a regular check lane to just let the cashier know that they have a specific item on hold for them. Cashier alerts GSTL, then GSTL fetches the item from guest services. Item is scanned and purchased at check lanes. Easy and quick.

This is what I'm trying to change the culture to in my store. Right now, a TM will get stopped 40 times while bringing a guest and their item up to the lanes and the guest just leaves without the item usually.

Recently, I've noticed that there have been a few instances where a booster attempted to lift one or more vacuums and in both instances, they weren't spider-wrapped. In one instance, I guest serviced them at self-checkout, the guest says no thanks and they attempt to leave with the vacuum before the ETL-AP stopped them at the doors.
The booster questioned the price when "forced" to scan their vacuum and complained that it was a lower price on the shelf but ETL-AP wouldn't budge so I don't think that they ended up buying it. This got me wondering if this could be a strategy boosters use on expensive items that are spider-wrapped or otherwise protected. Would they scan it, complain about the price and change their mind after the protection has been removed and attempt to come back another time in order to lift those items?
I've been wondering about that as a possible explanation for the inconsistencies in some of the vacuums/coffee makers/other expensive items being protected but not others. I don't even know if there is a process for re-applying merchandise protection after it was taken from the salesfloor. Who would be responsible for that?

Sorry if this isn't the right thread for it but I've been curious about this for a while, hoping to get some thoughts about this.

The person who put it back on the floor. If you don't know how, take it to the boat and an electronics TM can show you.
This is such a problem at my store that atleast once a week ap brings a flatbed of vacuums to the boat to spider wrap..... and we always stop to help them wrap the vacuums if we aren't busy.

Yea, same at mine. So your alternative is going to electronics or going to guest service.... and both of those are opposite side of the store from vacuums... and you just can't leave the vacuums either...

We have many things spider wrap and cased up, but nothing is tied down, only in glass security cases. Guest are still free to pick up most things.

Back