Who recently quit at your store?

In my store recently,
ETL-GE
ETL-Sales Floor
STL (not really quit, got promoted to DTL and abruptly left my store)
A handful of softlines, backroom, and other randos.

What is a store facts?
On workbench on the bottom left side there is a link that says store facts. There a bunch of things like leadership and how long they’ve been with target, field leadership, store sales level, local competitors and now turn over rate and some other things

On workbench on the bottom left side there is a link that says store facts. There a bunch of things like leadership and how long they’ve been with target, field leadership, store sales level, local competitors and now turn over rate and some other things
I don't see that link from my end. Though I've only just begun using Workbench.

Of all the people they hired in my group I am the only one left. Do most people not last the 90 days?

i got hired with 12 other people for SFS a year ago, 3 stayed after the holidays, and im the last one, barely over a year in too. this year though has been an absolute massacre, people are dropping like flies and its really disheartening to see. they're not even attempting to replace TL's now because of how bad it is.

My Store is going downhill since the last holidays.....

A lot of senior managers started to quit (Rumors said that they have been fired....), and they replaced them with inexperience and recent graduates millennials, who of course doesn't have a clue about how to manage a store, plus they are easy to manipulate by corporate and senior team members.

In just one year, we had 4 different Team Leads from Logistics (One just quit the job, the other guy transferred to another store, and last one recently got fired..... the current team lead looks about to quit the job too), and my new manager from this department recently got pregnant and is on maternity leave after just 7 months on the job. So everything looks like a mess in my store.....

From the team members, everything is normal I think, a couple of teenagers, young adults quitting because of low hours and the seniors still working.... I believe they kind like waiting for me to put my two week notice since they are only giving me 1-2 days per week since January. But, Target was always my extra income since I'm self-employed, so I don't really care much about the hours.

After 7 years, I finally put my two week notice for a job at school.... since I need to get some experience for my major before I graduate.

Last edited:
4 more PMTs quit/fired in the district within the last month. At the same time I left in March another PMT had left just weeks before. While my replacement seems to be doing good from what I hear, my peer’s replacement didn’t fare so well and he was one of the 4.

Also I ran into another TL from my old store for the first time since I left and he told me the STL put in her notice. She had just taken over the role last October and ironically quit the same week that the one before her did.

The latest ETL-LOG left the company. She’d been talking about pursuing other opportunities (on the down low, obviously) for a while so it might have been voluntary. But then again there was a worker’s compensation claim call for someone she was in charge of recently, so maybe not. In any case that’s the third one in four years for my store, if I’m not mistaken.

IT sucks when every person quit the same time we lost sooooo many people that its like starting all over again with zero staff and retraining for every department... and man with all these new hires its gonna be a nightmare to get everyone back on the same page its just going to go downhill since we lost the best 20 team members! the number one thing about new hires even after a week these new team members do not like backing up cashiering or talking on a walkie! it is horrific to hire new people that are super quiet and do not talk on a walkie or communicate with other guests I get it but part of the job description if your a sales floor you gotta be ready to communicate on the walkie and yet all these new hires we got think they are permanent I personally do not think these people will last 90 days because its been a month almost for some and they still do not use the walkie for anything or respond to anything it is just going to get worse and worse!

Playing devil's advocate, from what I've seen, new employees are more likely to buy into what spot wants because that's all they know. They're less jaded and don't remember a time where zone and reshop was a priority over saying "Hi" to everyone entering a fitting room. They also don't remember when Softlines would have like 6 people working at a time and a bunch of closers. Tbh, pretty much our whole soft lines department is starting fresh except for a few lifers, their attendance is good because they're all under 90 days and they want to impress so they are super good at guest service, zone and reshop with them is mehhh. At my store no one really responds for back up unless called by name so I can't speak on that..

:eek:
Can't even wrap my head around that!

Besides all of the folks quitting, my store is on a termination rampage. People are getting performanced out left and right.
That sounds like my store, although there is a big debate over wheather some of these people have quit or have been fired.

itsagjob - just barely some days

Yeah most dtls were stls at some point. My STL from last year got promoted to dtl. We know she’ll at least only have reasonable expectations for the stores under her because she hated overbearing dtls who were out of touch with stores with a fiery passion

Yep, most DTLs are former STLs that have been through multiple stores and run the stores with green processes across the board.

Back