Archived Who unloads bulk from the truck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The unload TL has been forcing us reverse logistics TMs to unload and sometimes backstock bulk items. We don’t mind helping sometimes but we’ve been told for the last few weeks to unload bulk items. We’re a store with daily sweeps and 3 doubles a week. Someone was dedicated to remove bulk but that position was removed after modernization started and overnight ended. I’m not sure whos removed bulk items since the position ended.

I know it’s our job to load the sweep on but its putting a lot on our plate between vendors, defects, ESIM, salvage, revlog pulls and guest service bins. Is it our job to unload bulk from the truck?

Last edited:
The unload TL has been forcing us reverse logistics TMs to unload and sometimes backstock bulk items. We don’t mind helping sometimes but we’ve been told for the last few weeks to unload bulk items. We’re a AAA+ volume store with daily sweeps and 3-5 doubles a week. Someone was dedicated to remove bulk but that position was removed after modernization started and overnight ended. I’m not sure whos removed bulk items since the position ended.

I know it’s our job to load the sweep on but its putting a lot on our plate between vendors, defects, ESIM, salvage, revlog pulls and guest service bins. Is it our job to unload bulk from the truck?
Depends . In my store is the unloader . Who ever is scheduled for bulk means he is gonna throw the truck and takes care of bulk . But sometimes one of the receivers if I think I’ll be behind on freight then it’s on them to do it.

The unload TL has been forcing us reverse logistics TMs to unload and sometimes backstock bulk items. We don’t mind helping sometimes but we’ve been told for the last few weeks to unload bulk items. We’re a AAA+ volume store with daily sweeps and 3-5 doubles a week. Someone was dedicated to remove bulk but that position was removed after modernization started and overnight ended. I’m not sure whos removed bulk items since the position ended.

You should have a PIPO TM who handles bulk. Since store mod we have not had anyone for bulk backstock after truck unload except our 4 hour pipo body.

After mod. we had a tm dedicated to bulk and be the dbo for paper. However, recently with hours being so slim my TL had him stop that and priortize stocking out his area first. Whatever dept. have pallets in the trailer or set outside are technically still over them.

As a receiver I definitely notice the lack of presence from that tm. I have to remind tms about their PIPOs and ultimately have to unload them if they are still in the trailer that needs to be closed.

If I have time I will organize whats in the trailer so that its easier for everyone. I will not back stock any of it though. It should get pushed out first.

“Aredhel! If you can’t say something nice about Modernization don’t say nothin’ at all. “
Included the full quote because when was the last time you heard of anyone’s kid watching “Bambi” ?

It’s so much fun to hear a tm call for the lod for wave or stacker to get something down for guest. I say I will get it down for you.l, when I am here.

The PIPO TM deals with pallets, but who is responsible for palletizing transition/freight and putting it in the steel? Or pulling it down from the steel? The GMTLs at my store usually handle that, which works because most of our "DBOs" would never be able to use a stacker. Most of them refuse to/can't use the WAVE.
The days of refusing to use the WAVE are gone at our store;. pretty sure the stacker is next. DBO's are responsible for palletizing transition at our store. Right now the TL's are helping with putting them in the steel, but I foresee that not being "usual" soon.

The days of refusing to use the WAVE are gone at our store;. pretty sure the stacker is next. DBO's are responsible for palletizing transition at our store. Right now the TL's are helping with putting them in the steel, but I foresee that not being "usual" soon.

Wave everyone at least has to try. But the Stacker it's ok to not want to use cause the space is so tight it's basically unwritten if you don't feel comfy someone with more seat time will bring down the pallet. It's really easy to fuck a lot of shit up with that beast.

As a receiver I have grabbed a pallet jack and pulled a pallet out and staged it out of the way until our bulk plastic person can get to it but as a "you will unload" Oh fuck NO! I got my own shit to do. And we have got them down to getting their shit out of the trailer. If space is tight, you get the line out and line the pallets up on one side of trailer so we can at least start to load a sweep, cause that space we clear for sweep aka getting the fucking bales on the trailer makes the room for the bulk pallets.

Last edited:
Wave everyone at least has to try. But the Stacker it's ok to not want to use cause the space is so tight it's basically unwritten if you don't feel comfy someone with more seat time will bring down the pallet. It's really easy to fuck a lot of shit up with that beast.

As a receiver I have grabbed a pallet jack and pulled a pallet out and staged it out of the way until our bulk plastic person can get to it but as a "you will unload" Oh fuck NO! I got my own shit to do. And we have got them down to getting their shit out of the trailer. If space is tight, you get the line out and line the pallets up on one side of trailer so we can at least start to load a sweep, cause that space we clear for sweep aka getting the fucking bales on the trailer makes the room for the bulk pallets.
What I meant is that if it's your area, you own it, just like you own everything else that has to do with your area. Now that everyone has to be wave trained (if old enough and has a spare 2-1/2 minutes for "training"), it won't be long before DBO's are stacker trained and required to do their own. (I started out having to be backroom, wave and stacker certified (isn't that a funny concept now? lol) so I don't have an issue other than the lack of space below the steel to put things up.

The PIPO TM deals with pallets, but who is responsible for palletizing transition/freight and putting it in the steel? Or pulling it down from the steel? The GMTLs at my store usually handle that, which works because most of our "DBOs" would never be able to use a stacker. Most of them refuse to/can't use the WAVE.

but the WAVE is so fun!! i use it every chance i get, which isn't very often anymore :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back