Archived Why isn't anyone scared about Walmart's Black Friday price matching & Cyber Sale???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shouldn't Target be worried? Isn't the whole match selected deals thing going right for the big guys?

Because its a ploy! Walmart knows you will be less likely to find the same exact door buster item either at their store or another so while they say they will very little will need to be price matched. A lot of models are store specific and made for certain retailers so finding the same item will be hard. Even on the items that are carried every where they know they wont be losing money on the items because most retailers will not be marking down items below cost on non door busters.

It just seems that now that this "arms race" has gone nuclear. The stores can't really one up each other anymore on times, so now they are upping the ante by matching prices and deals in an insane way. I've heard from guests that Best Buy will match OUR BF deals even though it isn't black friday yet, so the guest is like "Well I might as well go to Best Buy if you guys won't do this for me". Walmart is pulling a deal where if the item is sold out, the guest will be guarenteed the item delivered to their house by christmas with the black friday price. I'm just afraid it will get so crazy that Target won't be able to compete meaningfully anymore.

Best Buy price matched for me on the Wednesday before BF last year, saved me a trip to WM on Friday.

All I really need is the XBox 360 w/kinect we have on sale.... I would have bought it today in the store but it wasn't the bundle. Drat. I just wish I knew if anyone was going to be lining up for it or not. I don't want to, but it really makes a wow Christmas for very little out of pocket for me.

Never, there are some deals on Xbox bundles on target.com. You can check with your electronics tm & see if they have the 249.00 console with 250gb, 2 games & one controller. That sale may end on Wednesday.

Never, there are some deals on Xbox bundles on target.com. You can check with your electronics tm & see if they have the 249.00 console with 250gb, 2 games & one controller. That sale may end on Wednesday.
I need the kinect bundle tho, that part is what will help the kids with some vision issues (their insurance won't pay for vision therapy). Sneaky mom is doing that.... Doesn't that almost make it educational?!?! Lol!

we did have one of the bundles I think you are referring to, I will have to go see what there is tomorrow. I have that 10% off coupon, but I can't use it Thursday or Friday, which stinks (I'd rather bemusing it to buy myself a camera!),

I pull of course, talk myself out of it again too.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back