Archived Will she do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just had a new ctl start work,our forth in a few years.All our previous ones have started off in a blur of enthusiasm and determined the get rid of all out of dates on the sales floor,each of them has discovered the Budweiser rep is not doing their job and that every bud product on the shelf is "out of date",our receiver comes in to pallets of product removed from the salesfloor and direction to call the vendor in,have him credit all the "outdated " product and bring in fresh product immediately.I think she will,she doesn't look like a beer drinker.Has this ever happened in your store.I will assume that almost all here are beer drinkers.

Have your STL/ETL reach out to a Budweiser rep higher up. We had major issues with a vendor similar to the ones you're experiencing. Once we went higher up, the rep that used to stock our store is no longer with that company.

Generally, companies who have vendors want their products to have a special presentation/ownership and if they are not doing things to that standard, they won't last long if their higher ups know about it.

The problem is, there is usually a major gap between vendors and their bosses for some reason which is why so many vendor problem go unresolved.

Last edited:
Yeah. We had a vendor put coupons over the expiration date on bags of chips. Of course, they were all expired. We didn't see him again.

Sounds like you need a new Bud vendor if this keeps happening.
Happened once, ETL-LOG had reciever process it. Bud picked it up and delivered new. Second time, he called Bud himself. We got a new vendor who checks dates. We also have several craft vendors who habitally fight over cooler spave and they know they have to have fresh product or they lose their spot.

Our 7up merchandiser was terrible. Told the drivers the orders weren't getting worked and everything, one day the DM or something showed and I talked to him about it. Next day it was fixed. But then that guy smoked in our bathroom and broke the toilet flushing it down. He was banned immendiately by my STL. Guy showed again and was removed. 7up got a nasty call, they demanded a meeting with my STL. They came in and apologized, the managers worked all merchandise and cordially left, and got us a nice new merchandiser who was worth a damn.

We had a vendor who would push product with his kids in his cart. Literally blew me away he wasn't fired.

A lot of the local bread vendors do that in my store. No one seems to care, and the kids don't screw around either...

I suppose it depends on age. He has 3 under 6. And he would leave them all by themselves while he went in the backroom. Our Nabisco vendor had one well behaved kid who waited patiently. I didn't mind that.

As mentioned already, the date on Budweiser products is the "born on" date, aka the date it was bottled.

The Budweiser merchandiser's entire job it to maintain fresh stock, and Bud is usually good for something like 3 months. Unless your store is in Utah, it shouldn't be possible for every single Budweiser product on the shelf to be out of date. It would have to have sat there untouched for months after being delivered, with no further deliveries since.

Sorry but your AB rep is going to be pissed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back