Will Target lift the mask requirement?

Interesting.

While this makes me think that a yearly booster may be needed (COVID/flu combo vaccine?), I wonder if it would also work the other way. Did we just find a cure (better term preventative) for the common cold?

Zero cases of flu verified and reported. I'm betting 3 or 4 years from now they are going to say the ridiculous low number is because a lot of people couldn't get tested for the flu since doctors were doing virtual visits, and no one was available to count the positive tests being done. It would have been irresponsible as hell to take one person off COVID-19 research and development to count flu cases, so numbers would just not be compiled.

And yeah, elsewhere, people bring up transmission type. Thing is, there's plenty of other viruses that are passed a certain way and precautions against one does not prevent another passed in an identical fashion. Why should the flu be different?

Zero cases of flu verified and reported. I'm betting 3 or 4 years from now they are going to say the ridiculous low number is because a lot of people couldn't get tested for the flu since doctors were doing virtual visits, and no one was available to count the positive tests being done. It would have been irresponsible as hell to take one person off COVID-19 research and development to count flu cases, so numbers would just not be compiled.

And yeah, elsewhere, people bring up transmission type. Thing is, there's plenty of other viruses that are passed a certain way and precautions against one does not prevent another passed in an identical fashion. Why should the flu be different?
There are absolutely people in the medical profession who are handling other things besides Covid. I don't know why you would believe otherwise. Most respiratory viruses are primarily passed from person to person contact through respiratory droplets or in the air through aerosols, just like Covid. When my father had the flu very early last year (confirmed by lab testing) we all had to wear masks when entering his room. Big sign on the door and everything.

I've always tried to keep my distance from most people, and I wash my hands thoroughly often and do not touch my face with my bare hands, and yet every fall/winter I get one or two colds - except for this past season. First time in decades that I did not get a fall/winter cold. It's really no mystery why.

Last edited:
Ok, more guests are starting to take their masks off, and more team members are too. All team members not wearing them are vaccinated to the best of my knowledge. It’s nice seeing faces again.

Ok, more guests are starting to take their masks off, and more team members are too. All team members not wearing them are vaccinated to the best of my knowledge. It’s nice seeing faces again.
You are coming around a lot faster than I am danny, but that could be because I'm not fully vaxxed yet. I'm still giving people without masks the side-eye unless I know for sure they're legit, which basically means I only trust my family at this point.

So far I've still only seen three TMs without masks, and none are leadership. Does this mean that nearly all of my store is not vaccinated? Or does it mean that they are being cautious? Or some combination? I don't know.

Also, I’ve come to the conclusion that wearing the mask below my nose or on my chin, like I’ve been doing, is a worse look than not wearing it at all. If I’m wearing it improperly, people will think I’m just careless. If I don’t wear it, they’ll assume I’m vaccinated.

It’s just too hot with the broken AC in my store lol

You are coming around a lot faster than I am danny, but that could be because I'm not fully vaxxed yet. I'm still giving people without masks the side-eye unless I know for sure they're legit, which basically means I only trust my family at this point.

So far I've still only seen three TMs without masks, and none are leadership. Does this mean that nearly all of my store is not vaccinated? Or does it mean that they are being cautious? Or some combination? I don't know.
I think it’s a combination of things. Some people might not be vaccinated, sure. But others might just be wearing one to assure people that they’re safe to be around, since you can’t tell who has been vaccinated and who hasn’t.

But in my specific county, 74% of the adult population has at least one dose and we have one of the lowest infection rates in the country. So that was the deciding factor for me finally being comfortable enough. Two of my team leads are getting vaccinated later this week alone, so I feel like I’m in a good spot.

The tough guy muscle headed imbeciles at the gym are "chinners". Assholes. I won't go until this shit is over.
I know I'm being super judgy but sometimes I swear I can tell just by looking at some guests whether they are vaccinated or not. Is that awful of me? Like, I saw a guy with two younger children, he was maskless but the two kids had them on - I'm going to assume that he has been vaccinated since why would he go out with his masked kids otherwise, right? Nice older couple shopping for cleaning supplies, I'm sure they're good. That young couple looking at home decor, one with a mask and one without - they're ok.

That group of teenagers romping through Mens on their way to Electronics? Karen and her older daughter walking through RTW sipping their Starbucks with masks around their chins? The guy in his 20s that I've seen in the store a few times in the past month with no mask in sight and the sheepish grin on his face? Yeahhhhh probably NOT.

Well...here ya go...Captain Sociologist Analyst.....I was in Cabelas last week looking at fishing stuff. Sign at door Mask required while entering store. That my friends means shit...Another sign: Not required if fully vaccinated. That my friends means shit. I had mine on, I don't want to get the C. The employees had them on and maybe one out of 50 customers had one on. The rest of the mix, male, female, most overweight, most men with facial hair, many with Smith&Wesson logo T-shirts, most with an armload of ammunition were not likely vaccinated. I would bet my Orvis rig that an extremely small percentage were vaccinated. I have an SUV, conservative with no fish or deer decals. Most vehicles were the elevated over sized wheels pickups.

i havent wore a mask anywhere since the go ahead to take it off lol i got both my shots, I also know of at least 2 at more store that dont wear one without the vaccine too

I know I'm being super judgy but sometimes I swear I can tell just by looking at some guests whether they are vaccinated or not. Is that awful of me? Like, I saw a guy with two younger children, he was maskless but the two kids had them on - I'm going to assume that he has been vaccinated since why would he go out with his masked kids otherwise, right? Nice older couple shopping for cleaning supplies, I'm sure they're good. That young couple looking at home decor, one with a mask and one without - they're ok.

That group of teenagers romping through Mens on their way to Electronics? Karen and her older daughter walking through RTW sipping their Starbucks with masks around their chins? The guy in his 20s that I've seen in the store a few times in the past month with no mask in sight and the sheepish grin on his face? Yeahhhhh probably NOT.
I assume most of the maskless Karens at my store aren't vaccinated, as they all look extremely guilty.

Back