Work Standard, Non Conveyable

It used to be just that. Teamlift counted as double since you were supposed to have two TMs handling it.

It used to be just that. Teamlift counted as double since you were supposed to have two TMs handling it.
Throwing Teamlift still does at my DC! Easy money, easy numbers. Bring back the NCON FSP plz that go to other doors besides FC. Or where da Chico at 120 a pallet, 240 on a double. Better yet give me 4 prelabeled cages full of XXS cartons and lemme down stack. 250-500 CPH. We as me and the king used to do it everyday all day. The king… 700-1000 CPH easily.

Last edited:
What? Lol.
Try asking questions that aren't specific to your own situation. We cannot answer what is going on at your DC. At my DC Asset Protection audits all noncon pallets at minimum once per day. Our OMs and TMs on light duty will also do this if they have the opportunity.
Us sorters will also correct the issues if we notice them as we sort.
During audits if an issue is noticed it is brought up to the TM in question.
There isn't really much to errors in NC sort, just placing the item on the pallet before/after the correct store. In the grand scheme of things it isn't really that big a deal CA is hardly needed for something so trivial in the grand scheme of things. The best punishment is and always will be taking guys who makes lots of errors and not letting them sort.
I will see a store # on a label out of the corner of my quality eye and realize something is wrong. I look at the container status and it says “loaded” but it’s sitting here on a wrong pallet.

Last edited:
If Target wanted to make real money off sort they wouldn't have a CPH that is stagnant on how much the team does on a trend but based off what the cubiscan of the product that is being sorted that day.
What if it fluctuates too much? Or does it fluctuate? As in NCON sort plan for

What if it fluctuates too much? Or does it fluctuate? As in NCON sort plan for
It definitely will fluctuate. The size will always average out to be different BUT if they can average out the cubiscan of what YOU sorted and have a time study done on how long it takes to sort certain cartons of different sizes you can have a rate that is more attainable and controllable than saying that it take the same amount of time to sort that 75" TV as it does that small box of coffee OR what they could do is just make all of NC PTS, like I e mentioned before. Honestly think it's doable for NC only since at my building it's something of a smaller area so less things to move around if you have to move things around.

Briefly looked it up. Dimensioning, Cutting labor costs, and, Improving WH efficiency are the main pointers I concluded. Feel free to insight a TM more cuz there’s a lot going on behind the scenes rn 🚧

Last edited:
Briefly looked it up. Dimensioning. Now I know why the seniors are wanting the RWTM make sure counts are accurate so SUL audits can be done so they can conduct research off of.
Which carton counts are you making sure are accurate?

Which carton counts are you making sure are accurate?
NCON. Try to stay away anything “flow” but there’s too much of it to just turn my back to. So now instead of focusing only on WH cartons I’m auditing flow that’s ALWAYS off count. I don’t know why we do it anyways when team members leave the wing and bring back cartons not checked by RWTM. Or the GPMR‘s will put pallets wherever they feel. Good thing I’m not computer literate I’m slow on the computer

NCON. Try to stay away anything “flow” but there’s too much of it to just turn my back to. So now instead of focusing only on WH cartons I’m auditing flow that’s ALWAYS off count. I don’t know why we do it anyways when team members leave the wing and bring back cartons not checked by RWTM. Or the GPMR‘s will put pallets wherever they feel. Good thing I’m not computer literate I’m slow on the computer
Interesting. So are you making sure the NCON pallets that are at the doors are correct or the ones in locations? I'm quite interested in what you do now cause we don't have that in my building.

Interesting. So are you making sure the NCON pallets that are at the doors are correct or the ones in locations? I'm quite interested in what you do now cause we don't have that in my building.
NCON cartons get brought over the shipping wing and dropped off in the NCON pit. The RWTM is suppose to verify the count on the header label matches the # of labels and that there are enough cartons on the pallet. If there are discrepancies we log them in the computer “real time”. Once accounting is done we can perform SUL audits. The RWTM also has to keep quads one and four cleaned. But I literally have to stop problem-solving to go help TM’s and can’t get anything accomplished. I’ve been doing the rework for almost a year now look at excel cuz that’s my proof. Maybe if we had adequate trainers who would train the people they wouldn’t be making as many mistakes but these guys can’t even do anything the right way because they’re not being trained. But instead they just drive around on PIT.
Side question: I could just ask the new TOM, but I thought trainers aren’t supposed to be driving PIT?

NCON cartons get brought over the shipping wing and dropped off in the NCON pit. The RWTM is suppose to verify the count on the header label matches the # of labels and that there are enough cartons on the pallet. If there are discrepancies we log them in the computer “real time”. Once accounting is done we can perform SUL audits. The RWTM also has to keep quads one and four cleaned. But I literally have to stop problem-solving to go help TM’s and can’t get anything accomplished. I’ve been doing the rework for almost a year now look at excel cuz that’s my proof. Maybe if we had adequate trainers who would train the people they wouldn’t be making as many mistakes but these guys can’t even do anything the right way because they’re not being trained. But instead they just drive around on PIT.
Side question: I could just ask the new TOM, but I thought trainers aren’t supposed to be driving PIT?
That's interesting you guys do that. It would definitely benefit my building, honestly all buildings, if ICQA did that. At my DC TSS does the SUL audit report and Team Leads. As for your side question, at my building they still can. Trainers train on equipment as well at my DC so to have them not drive equipment would be bad for training but if your building has other rules that is something I would get either with the new TOM or the old one, granted if they are still there. At my DC me and the OM go over who we think would be a fit trainer and if the person we choose doesn't want to be a trainer so be it. I always tell people I ask that if they don't want to do it if they don't want to because they will not give it their best effort to train people. Now we have have someone approach us about being a trainer than we will get that person to a standard and once they meet that standard we put them in for trainer. That is something you should bring up to the TOM.

Why can't trainers drive PIT?
I was told once that someone needed to steal my chariot because trainers aren't supposed to be driving pit while they're training. I.E. following them in a RC to take them to the battery change. If that's what he meant.

Otherwise.... Yeah they would drive pit while in function so that doesn't make a lot of sense.

I was told once that someone needed to steal my chariot because trainers aren't supposed to be driving pit while they're training. I.E. following them in a RC to take them to the battery change. If that's what he meant.

Otherwise.... Yeah they would drive pit while in function so that doesn't make a lot of sense.
I work tonight so I will look into the SharePoint on whether trainers can or cannot drive equipment while training. My DC is low on chariots and no sight of more being bought so even if it was true it's something that we can't follow because we don't have the equipment. Even some OMs walk around because of no chariots

I work tonight so I will look into the SharePoint on whether trainers can or cannot drive equipment while training. My DC is low on chariots and no sight of more being bought so even if it was true it's something that we can't follow because we don't have the equipment. Even some OMs walk around because of no chariots
ICQA just showed me that site. That’s where the real answers are. Have it favorited now on a common computer. Wonder what the other RWTM’s will select as the new wallpaper. It changes everytime I go in from da weekend. 😂

Last edited:
Yea that's where they have everything. There's even a trainer SharePoint site
I will have to see if my trainers are aware. Since I just became aware last week. They probably kno tho

Last edited:
I will have to see if my trainers are aware. Since I just became aware just last week. They probably kno tho
If they don't know than that's a bad mark on the current TOM for not showing them. Chances are they do or at least most of them if they've been trainers for awhile

I will have to see if my trainers are aware. Since I just became aware just last week. They probably kno tho

They know. It's where the play books are.

Last play book I saw stated trainers working with new hires should be on pit. If a new hire accidentally turns too much they would rather dent a machine then squish a person.

They know. It's where the play books are.

Last play book I saw stated trainers working with new hires should be on pit. If a new hire accidentally turns too much they would rather dent a machine then squish a person.
I just seen a “Stop work authority” sign posted up by a time clock I use. I didn’t know that was a real thing. It was last revised in 13’.

I just seen a “Stop work authority” sign posted up by a time clock I use. I didn’t know that was a real thing. It was last revised in 13’.

It's an OSHA thing. Nobody has ever been taught how to use it properly but it's there. If you ever come across a random spill and stopped what you were doing to clean it up because you thought someone might have an accident because of it well you used stop work authority. If you've ever come across a pallet and the bottom boxes were starting to crush and the thing was leaning over and wasn't safe to be moved and had to be restacked you used stop work authority.

It's an OSHA thing. Nobody has ever been taught how to use it properly but it's there. If you ever come across a random spill and stopped what you were doing to clean it up because you thought someone might have an accident because of it well you used stop work authority. If you've ever come across a pallet and the bottom boxes were starting to crush and the thing was leaning over and wasn't safe to be moved and had to be restacked you used stop work authority.
What these eyes have seen 👀 imma start using this authority. Does every TM have permission or what?

Last edited:
What these eyes have seen 👀 imma start using this authority. Does every TM have permission or what?

Anyone can use it and it's backed by federal law under employers providing employees with a safe and healthy workplace free of recognized hazards.

Back