Archived - workcenter allocations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tis the season for - hours allocated to workcenters. The schedule that is being written this week, corporate thought that Hardlines needs -26 hours and softlines needed -4. That is brilliant stuff right there. Gregg, you're a dolt.

26 hours? Holy crap, that's barely at most 4.5 hours per DAY for hardlines alone. Please tell me you have at least a softlines team lead working 4 days.

26 hours? Holy crap, that's barely at most 4.5 hours per DAY for hardlines alone. Please tell me you have at least a softlines team lead working 4 days.

That would be negative 26 hours, not 26 hours of payroll. At ULV stores the department workloads are almost as big, but even lower payroll so they take it away from specialty departments to give it to sales floor.

My favorite conversation last week with an ETL...

"Hey just letting you know I've already cut your department's allocation 50 hours of payroll... and I still have 0 in hardlines or softlines so it will get cut more."

That would be negative 26 hours, not 26 hours of payroll. At ULV stores the department workloads are almost as big, but even lower payroll so they take it away from specialty departments to give it to sales floor.

My favorite conversation last week with an ETL...

"Hey just letting you know I've already cut your department's allocation 50 hours of payroll... and I still have 0 in hardlines or softlines so it will get cut more."
lol oh god...Well I dont see how they could cut anything in pfresh for us. We have one person work from 6-2:30 and then a closer from 2:30-9, not even til closing.

lol oh god...Well I dont see how they could cut anything in pfresh for us. We have one person work from 6-2:30 and then a closer from 2:30-9, not even til closing.

Be careful what you assume. :p I trained at an ULV that had PFresh shifts from 6-12:30 and then 1-6. Or something of that ilk. Either way, there was never any overlap and the closer never stayed past 6pm. Needless to say, opening was rough because you had to pull SO much outdated product!

Anyway, at my store I expect our mids will go by-by and/or they'll schedule mids but cut shift lengths. But I'm not too worried; we generally do pretty well for hours.

HQ screws up, hello NM, and the stores pay the price. You have no idea how happy I am l left before 4 quarter. The company has gone from a great place to work and shop to complete joke. You all have my sympothy.

Be careful what you assume. :p I trained at an ULV that had PFresh shifts from 6-12:30 and then 1-6. Or something of that ilk. Either way, there was never any overlap and the closer never stayed past 6pm. Needless to say, opening was rough because you had to pull SO much outdated product!

Anyway, at my store I expect our mids will go by-by and/or they'll schedule mids but cut shift lengths. But I'm not too worried; we generally do pretty well for hours.

I guess that wouldnt change much for us, the closer has to zone dry market which takes all that time past 6 with lunch and huddle so ya prob wouldnt change much if they did that other than having to check outdates in the morning and do the coupons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back