Working on days off

So people just show up on there days off and clock in and then work (not on the schedule)

I mean it's possible that happens, I've given up saying anything is impossible.
However, the odds are much more likely that they were asked to come in by or have something worked out with, their ETL.

I mean it's possible that happens, I've given up saying anything is impossible.
However, the odds are much more likely that they were asked to come in by or have something worked out with, their ETL.
DC thread

We have much stricter protocols for overtime especially as all distribution centers are closed campuses. All DC overtime is approved through the production controller and a request to work OT has to be approved by the PC.

In other words if OT wasn't pre approved those team members aren't supposed to even be in the building. Showing up expecting to gain unapproved OT is grounds for a CA for both the team member and any OM approving it

DC thread

We have much stricter protocols for overtime especially as all distribution centers are closed campuses. All DC overtime is approved through the production controller and a request to work OT has to be approved by the PC.

In other words if OT wasn't pre approved those team members aren't supposed to even be in the building. Showing up expecting to gain unapproved OT is grounds for a CA for both the team member and any OM approving it

Whoops wasn't paying attention to where this was.
So yeah, even more unlikely.

It depends… for example for me, I’m a hard worker at whatever I do and I have a relationship with the OM so that whenever I come in and not on the schedule he will add me because the benefits I’ll add to being there

DC thread

I dont know the exact process involved but we had a quite relaxed B1 OM in my dept for a long time. Basically his mantra was, if you show up I'll put you to work. Of course, this was when most any OT was well needed as well. Most TM's had his personal text number, they'd just text him to come in. Or I dont even know if a text was needed. I would ask people "when did you sign up for OT in Mytime" and they'd be like "sign up? I just texted (redacted)".

He graduated to PC actually. I believe still many TM's use his text for OT (well, of course we dont have OT right now). I suppose now he can just officially put them down.

His successor seemingly continued the same basic policy.

But the newest guy is pretty by the book from what I heard, highly doubt he allows this. Along with the whole building seemingly a lot more uptight.

At my building if you're not on the schedule you cant even use the time clocks, Honestly the best you can do for yourself is focus on your own work and dont worry about what other people are doing. Comparison is the thief of joy. Just know that there are people checking timeclocks and if your building is as strict as the others I'm sure HR is already building a case

Time clocks that don’t accept unscheduled punches are cringe af…imagine needing to consult a “schedule” to find out if you’re allowed to pay your bills on a given week, when we already know from reading my poasts that overtime is a thing 52 weeks a year

Back