Archived Wrongful termination? NEED FEEDBACK

Status
Not open for further replies.
A little bit of a tricky sisuation right? The point is, I was a normal civilian with an ex team member who had slander which made me look like a bad guy for no reason all because I was dating him why should I have been affected even while hr made a point to me saying everything is fine with you. The day I got let go my stl saw me and I kinda felt a strange feeling and hr completely avoided me.

Dude, you were not a "civilian" and ex team member. You were a current team member with an ex team member that had been given the trespass papers from Target. That is problem number one. He had no place being in a Target store (when someone gets a trespass - it applies to all stores in the company). The fact you were with him makes it look like you were in on his illegal action of being on target property.

Second of all, just because you are not on the clock does *not* mean you can violate Target policy. You were told NO on your return by the GSTM, GSA, and LOD. That means your return must have violated the return policy in some way if they all told you no. So what did you do? Went store hopping until you found a store willing to break the return policy for you. Just because you are not on the clock doesn't make what you did ok. TMs are expected to follow all Target policy - and that includes the return policy. You were told no by an ETL and went to another store and did it anyway.

Basically your logic is working like this:

You: Well, I am off the clock. Think I'll go to another store today and shoplift a PS3 game.
You: Oh ****, AP busted me at the store! Then my store fired me!
You: That's not fair! I wasn't on the clock, so even though I violated Target rules on TM theft I shouldn't be fired for it!

Sorry, it doesn't work that way. You can't violate company policy just because you were off the clock. And yes, that includes "minor" policy like the return policy.

Now if I were to return that product at my store no I couldn't because that was not my product I was with my boyfriend while he was making the return, he was trespassed that would be a whole different story if I were alone returning the product which I techianlly was not even personally retuning the product I was with him on my day off at a different store and I was involed with him advising the store to follow policy if anything and they didnt

There was nothing wrong with the return at all, we were not trying to pull a fast one the fact was my boyfriend was traspassed from my store it was his return and I was with him while he was exchanging it if you read everything above I just wrote. I caught people all the time doing return fraud I hate people who did it. The fact was the product actually was defective and we have a right to exchange it now when I was in the office my boss had no idea that the return was accepted a a different store

If there was nothing wrong with the return, then why did a GSTM, GSA, and LOD all tell you no? They would only do that if the return violated policy in some way.

And the etl explained to me it wasn't a question of the return or not it was the behavior ( hostile, beligerent and such ) she made that very clear to me which again I would love for everyone to view the tapes because you will see in the video I was not yelling as my store was told I was. I was very stir with advising the store to call guest relations like they were sopost to and they did not

They would not have to call guest relations if your return didn't have any issue with the return policy. See what I am saying? Obviously your return didn't conform to the return policy, otherwise they would have done the return. You only call guest relations when you want to *override* the return policy. That is not allowed for TMs. Period.

Also you were with someone who was trespassed from Target. He had no business being on Target property.

I think you are misunderstanding why you were termed.... I see two reasons for it, and they are both major reasons.

Are you sure that applies at every target because according to hr at my store its only store by store. He never stole anything from the store either ever that's not why he was let go

Well now that sounds like my own hr set me up because I honestly had no idea that applied to all targets

If my boyfriends return wasn't of policy, why would another store take it he called first before even driving and I was not physically there when the other store accepted the return too btw

If my boyfriends return wasn't of policy, why would another store take it he called first before even driving and I was not physically there when the other store accepted the return too btw

Some stores are more relaxed on returns.... that doesn't mean TMs can take advantage of it. For example, at my old store we would never ever for any reason take back busted electronics. So, for example, if a guest was trying to return a camera that they clearly smashed, then we would not take that back. The store 3 miles away though? They would take back damn near anything for any reason.... even if it was clearly in violation of the return policy.

StateofTarget, did you even read the OP's reasoning? She tried returning an iPad and they wouldn't accept it because they would lose money on the device as it would go straight to CRC. There was obviously some bias going on here, since another Target apologized for that Target and did the return for her. I am well aware of the return policy on iPads (I work in electronics) and provided that the device is not physically damaged, the serial numbers match, and all the original items that came with it are still present, there is NOTHING wrong with returning it. It's not like Apple is this never-sells-defective-products king, when I got my iPhone I had to exchange it due to a software glitch. It happens. To me, it seems as if in this situation the LOD had bias against her boyfriend and/or the team member and decided to not return it. I would be PISSED too if this happened, no way any stupid LOD will screw me over a 100% legitimate return.

You need to fight this termination, this is outright ridiculous provided all the information you said is accurate.

I am 99% sure the OP was trying to get guest services to make an exception to the return policy for them. That is the reason they went to another store than the one they worked at to begin with. The fact the first store had to call a GSA, then a GSTL, then the LOD and *all* of them told the OP hell no tells me that the OP was trying to get them break the return policy. The OP finally found a store willing to do it for them.

The issue here is that the OP knowingly tried to get a store to violate company policy for them. That is OK for a guest, but it absolutely unacceptable for a TM to do. Just because the OP went to another store than the one he worked at doesn't mean it is OK to try to get the store to violate policy for them. It is against company policy for a TM to get an exception to the return policy. Period. That is what was going on here.

While I agree it doesn't sound like we have all of the information, there is very little that could have happened to make me think the store should not have returned the iPad for the OP. The individual stores should be lax on the return policy. That is the direction from corporate. Any store taking it upon themselves to strictly enforce it will have to deal with it sooner or later.

I, for one, never do any returns at my store. I might as well help my store's sales as much as possible. Not making a high dollar return at it is one way I do that.

And it was only an exchange, the store wouldn't lose any money considering they would get full credit for the product besides the fact

You should have done it at your store. Just because it was your boyfriends return doesn't mean he has to be present. Something does seem a little fishy about this. A return on an iPad, coupled with the fact that your boyfriend was terminated raises a few flags. This clearly had nothing to do with going to the most convienent store because you went to another store for the return. What was your boyfriend termed for? You say it wasn't stealing, but it was definitley criminal if he was put on a no tresspass.
Just because a guest can get away with going to guest services and be a douche, doesn't mean that you can.
Theres my FEEDBACk.

Yes, exactly--which is why we don't believe your story! If there was no reason for the first store to deny the exchange, they wouldn't have denied it.

I smelled BS from the OP's entrance. OP got caught, got fired, and is whining. End of story. I have no sympathy here. You tried to f*ck the system, and you got f*cked, and got fired, not to mention your f*ck buddy was trespassed, and well, this story is full of holes. Glad to see that in your case, you got your holes filled by management, you idiotic ****. You deserved it.

I smelled BS from the OP's entrance. OP got caught, got fired, and is whining. End of story. I have no sympathy here. You tried to f*ck the system, and you got f*cked, and got fired, not to mention your f*ck buddy was trespassed, and well, this story is full of holes. Glad to see that in your case, you got your holes filled by management, you idiotic ****. You deserved it.

hey hey lets all not assume things lol

I think everyone needs to take a step back and chill. The OP provided details and asked a question, we shouldn't be judging them on whether they're telling the truth on here... For all we know I'm Greg Steinhaffel! Lol.

Anyways, merchandise that is defective is returnable as long as the guest has a valid receipt dated within 90 days. An iPad is no exception to the rule (granted its 28 days instead of 90), and as long as they had everything, the store should have returned it. I have seen TMs at my store attempt to deny returns for the most ridiculous reasons, so I don't think its a stretch to imagine that they happened to come across a douchebag Guest Service Team + LOD. Also I'm going to be frank here... Half the time the LOD doesn't really have a clue what the policies are at Service Desk, they just either backup what the GSTL says, or cave in for the guest because they don't want another *****y guest.

OP, I would try and get unemployment. Based on the details you've provided Target seems to have a very circumstancial case against you... As far as I know as long as you aren't on the clock/in red and khakki, you should be able to shop just like any other Guest at Target. You should definitely be allowed to complain if you feel like your service is poor, and as long as you aren't beligerent to the point where they need to remove you from the store/Call AP, I don't see why they should have gotten in contact with your store.

Last edited by a moderator:

Excellent point.... the fact he was trespassed does mean he did something illegal (i.e. theft) while he was employed. Now all of a sudden OP and boyfriend that was termed for something unlawful have an issue with guest services trying to "return" a several hundred dollar Ipad and OP ends up termed? Yea.... I am sure everything was 100% legit about this return.....

This story is so full of it.
1. Why didn't you return/exchange it at your store? It doesn't matter it was 'his' return, you could have done a legitimate return without the hassle. He didn't have to be there. When I am buying or returning anything and there's the slightest chance that it could be interpreted as me getting over then I partner with AP and the LOD.
2. From MY experiences I have always seen other stores and employees look out for anyone in the company. You need some pizza dough, sure come get it. Oh your baler wire didn't come in, I'll drop it off on the way home tonight since I pass your store. You said employee X is good and needs weekend only shifts while he's home from college huh, not a problem we will get him some shifts. Support help, district resources, just general good will... The company has done a lot of ****ty changes to make profit and cut expenses, and there is often inter-store politics but for them to flat out refuse a return screams that it was bogus.
3. You better god damn believe I wouldn't have returned **** if you came in there from another store and told me how to do my job. While you're believing that you better believe that I'm calling your store also and busting you out from trying to scam and being an ass. Oh and yeah I would go overboard.
4. SHUT THE **** UP about what apple told you. Is the person you talked to at guest service doing the return? Does that person happen to work at the Target you are trying to return something to? No? Then I don't give one **** about what he told you, it's like those idiots who say - it said on the website you sold it and then you find out they went to a different company's website.
5. Getting banned from Target isn't easy. Your boyfriend did something you're not wanting to say. Even the guy at our store who got termed for performance and then went and tried to rob the bank (that's in the same shopping center) didn't get banned from Target.
6. Corrective action for being late, yeah I can see that, it happens. Corrective action for loafing...WTF! If you got in trouble for that then you were not the godsend employee you make yourself out to be. You were an underperformer who thought they were a top performer.
7. You would not have been termed over this if the termination wasn't 100% legit, if there was ANY chance of it being wrong then it wouldn't have happened. We are talking multiple stores in on this, if you don't think it went up to the HRBP before it happened then you're delusional.
8. How longer you've been there, what programs you started, how many areas you're cross-trained in, etc. etc. etc. - None of that matters with the issue you got termed for.

Your boyfriend got fired two week previous (including getting banned)? The iPad was bought two weeks ago? Another store wouldn't do a simple exchange for you? I'm willing to bet you two schemed a big discount on the iPad somehow, maybe repackaged it or used employee discount with a giftcard, etc. He got caught and termed. Then you probably tried to return it for a full refund, etc. Please fill us in on the information we are clearly missing so we can take your side!

He got banned from the store for telling the STL **** you, your two faced consider this as well my boyfriend actually did call the hotline months ago on our store for how he was treated as an employee and with slander from his boss he was early morning backroom at times when he had to go to work in the morning the Lod/ etl would not come to the door 15 mins after example 4 am shift the Lod/TL wouldn't come to the door until 415 am to let him in. And that person started slandering him saying how he is going to blow up the store I'm sorry I would never date someone in the company who would bomb the store we had another etl inform us who like my boyfriend alot and me about this rumor that person created about him hence he called the hotline talked to the stl about it and everything seemed to be okay 2-3 months later he was let go for a punch correction which everyone forgets to do, he even told hr about his punch 3 weeks later from that is when he was let go and yeah that's when he expressed how he felt to a few TMs after his leave. He never stole or anything If anything he spent a couple hundred there bought a 50 inch tv, iPad and yeah. They gave him a hard time even buying the iPad carded him which was funny to me because I've never seen that person card a team memeber ever. But again that's because of the slander he had over his head he's going bomb and rob the store thanks to his TL which obviously affected the way I was presented which everyone told me I have nothing to do with you. Now after he called corp about all of this no real corrective action was done with his TL, I believe that enitiy was wrote up for how she was treating him but pretty much a slap on the wrist

. And that person started slandering him saying how he is going to blow up the store I'm sorry I would never date someone in the company who would bomb the store

This is a policy I always follow! I wish others were so like minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back