Archived X-Mas Toy Flipping 2016 is in full swing - Hatchimals

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is apparently real...holding hatchimals in the ap office til further notice and telling guests to come back Sunday...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161206-181917.png
    Screenshot_20161206-181917.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 48
Found out I'm off that Sunday

tumblr_inline_o5otwfw7K31s8env9_500.gif

There's a redwire telling us to hold stock and there's even a post on the public corporate blog that states stores will have dozens to sell next week.

We're selling half of what we get. We got 4 today so 2 will be hold. Also they have different DPCI so we're going to sell one of each that way on Sunday people will randomly pick one

Its all over the news. Sunday morning will be UFC fun. Then a week after Xmas kids will be bored with the toy

In contrast to what our Spin Master rep said last week, our store is apparently getting 40 Hatchimals in the next week. We have 4 casepaks of each color coming in the next week. Anybody else seeing this at their store? Seems odd that we have had so few, but now are all of a sudden being allocated this many?

Apparently, Hatchimals are in our ad next week. Would sure be nice if we actually had some when they were being advertised.

So this happened. We have more Hatchimals (40) now than I have ever seen. We are going to have these on an end cap. Limit 2 per guest, no tickets. It is going to be a free for all when the doors open. Good Lord, this sh!tshow is going to get somebody hurt.

Related, my buddy works at a larger store than mine about 5 minutes away and they are only getting 1 case of Hatchimals before Sunday. WTF distribution?

Last edited:
Had a guest clean us out on Saturday, bought all 12 Hatchimals we had on hand. Same guest returned Sunday morning with the $25 off $100 purchase. Returned all 12, and re-bought in six separate transactions using the coupon 6 times. At first TL suggested he could only use the coupon once, but then he furnished 5 additional copies of the coupon. He said he was willing to come back 5 more times throughout the day to use the coupon if needed. TL went ahead and let him repurchase in 6 transactions - effectively getting $150 credit. Had a team meeting this morning where this specific incident came up - apparently the STL indicated this toy will be short supply this year. A question was asked why the TL allowed the return and the repurchase and we got a non-answer ANSWER that we should not allow this kind of customer gaming the system in the future. Yikes, glad I am not the TL. We are sold out, as are all of the other stores around us.
That TL has either sropped caring or is dumb.
Also we normally don't allow nore than 1 per guest.

damn I'm off on Sunday but I think I'll drive by my store in the morning to see what everyone is in for

This is so pathetic. The lengths some parents go to just so their kid can have the 'it' gift that no one will care about a week after Christmas. I wish I could see the look on the parent's face of the kid who opens a hatchimal and didn't want one. I hope I never become one of these lame people o_O

I just learned there are 5 kinds and three are from specific retailers

Draggles and Pengualas are everywhere

Owlicorns only at Toys R Us

Burtles only at Walmart

Bearakeets only at Target

The hell we got 5 DPCIs then? Different colors?

The Bearakeet look cool though. I want a black one

So this happened. We have more Hatchimals (40) now than I have ever seen. We are going to have these on an end cap. Limit 2 per guest, no tickets. It is going to be a free for all when the doors open. Good Lord, this sh!tshow is going to get somebody hurt.

Related, my buddy works at a larger store than mine about 5 minutes away and they are only getting 1 case of Hatchimals before Sunday. WTF distribution?
Hit up redwire, print it out and hand to anyone who thinks stocking the endcap first come first served is a good idea...

I just learned there are 5 kinds and three are from specific retailers

Draggles and Pengualas are everywhere

Owlicorns only at Toys R Us

Burtles only at Walmart

Bearakeets only at Target

The hell we got 5 DPCIs then? Different colors?

The Bearakeet look cool though. I want a black one

Welcome to the party. There is also a popular little item called an NES Classic.

Been living under a rock??

Im off Sunday, thank the target gods. I already have a metal cage and several screws in my back from a fusion surgery i dont need to add to it because deranged people MUST have these stupid toys.

And yes they are seriously deranged if they are willing to wait outside 3+ hours for the possibility of one of these (this happened several times at my store in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving/BF)

Welcome to the party. There is also a popular little item called an NES Classic.

Been living under a rock??
Most people know that Hatchimals and the NES Classic are hot items, but I know of quite a few TMs who don't know there are a bunch of different kinds of Hatchimals. How would they know? It's not like we ever have any sitting out on the shelf to look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back