Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's why I disagreed with the statement that ... "we need to attend to it immediately."

I'm not saying PMT's should be on the register. As a matter of course, no. But if there are lines and everyone else is attending to guests and/or on lane and the PMT is free, I don't see the conflict. I don't understand why stepping on for 2 or 3 guests hurts.

PMT's should not be on register, for the same reason AP, shouldn't.

I understand the thinking, but what if something happens during all the time the store is open and you aren't there? So that reason falls a little flat.
The way I look at it is, if we give an inch, they take a mile. If I jump on register once, even to help 2 or 3 guests, that would set the precedence that I can be relied upon to do it every time. It would go from helping out that one time, to ‘PMT we need you to respond to the checklanes’ everytime backup is called and nobody else responds. We get shoulder tapped enough as it is. This is the same reason I pushed so hard for my front end team to call in register issues on their own. I made the mistake of helping everytime, then it fell on my shoulders and their routine on calling it in themselves fell to pieces.

We’re paid to do very specific things, a very specific way, cashiering is not one of them.

Took me a long time to get the front end to address their own issues because store processes were not right when I took over. But now leadership has changed and there is actually a GSTL that has been with Spot for awhile who knows the process but only calls me when needed like a pen needs replaced or something like that

The way I look at it is, if we give an inch, they take a mile. If I jump on register once, even to help 2 or 3 guests, that would set the precedence that I can be relied upon to do it every time. It would go from helping out that one time, to ‘PMT we need you to respond to the checklanes’ everytime backup is called and nobody else responds. We get shoulder tapped enough as it is. This is the same reason I pushed so hard for my front end team to call in register issues on their own. I made the mistake of helping everytime, then it fell on my shoulders and their routine on calling it in themselves fell to pieces.

We’re paid to do very specific things, a very specific way, cashiering is not one of them.

Yes to everything here.

Heh, a while back me and my STL were mid conversation when someone called for back up. We were still talking til he hopped on a register, I replied “No problem I’ll take care of it” to something we were talking about and he goes “dude thanks, I didn’t know you were cashier trained!” Nah..... I’m not trained and I don’t handle cash, I meant what we were JUST talking about. Nice try though!

honestly, I wish there was a work order system for Signing TMs.

I think a work order system could be implemented for leads in all departments, but considering PMT’s have a not-user-friendly program that IBM should be ashamed of putting their names on.... doubt anything will happen.

On that note, I liked RedWire and I’m afraid of what program is going to replace it. Spot has its was of making complicated shit oh-so-much worse.

I think a work order system could be implemented for leads in all departments, but considering PMT’s have a not-user-friendly program that IBM should be ashamed of putting their names on.... doubt anything will happen.

On that note, I liked RedWire and I’m afraid of what program is going to replace it. Spot has its was of making complicated shit oh-so-much worse.
Every other leader in my store: Admin -> 8 hours

The problem is you have some great PMT's and some that abuse that thinking. Just like any other job.

I've lived through almost 10 PMT's now. Some were awesome. Some sucked. Two really abused that hands off approach you talk about.

An example? Lines back up into softlines. Me and all the other POG tms on register. And I see the PMT standing next to the GSTL chit chatting and laughing with his arms crossed.

That pisses me off.

But the one we have now knows how to keep busy and doesn't abuse that.

The problem is you have some great PMT's and some that abuse that thinking. Just like any other job.

I've lived through almost 10 PMT's now. Some were awesome. Some sucked. Two really abused that hands off approach you talk about.

An example? Lines back up into softlines. Me and all the other POG tms on register. And I see the PMT standing next to the GSTL chit chatting and laughing with his arms crossed.

That pisses me off.

So what about the time that there’s water leaking from a salesfloor case, or the baler goes down, or the fire alarm is blaring, or the auto door comes off it’s track. Are you jumping in to fix it? Or are you standing there watching the PMT go to work? Not trying to be rude, just giving a little perspective. Any other Target team member can cashier, there is only one PMT.

They can be pulled up similar to how WO histories can be pulled for assets and locations. Depends how savvy the user is on Maximo to find it.

Can I just say that Maximo is awfully non-user friendly. The update recently just polished a turd.

That pisses me off.

So what about the time that there’s water leaking from a salesfloor case, or the baler goes down, or the fire alarm is blaring, or the auto door comes off it’s track. Are you jumping in to fix it? Or are you standing there watching the PMT go to work? Not trying to be rude, just giving a little perspective. Any other Target team member can cashier, there is only one PMT.

This is the point of this thread, to gain understanding. There’s been plenty of times where I’m snaking shit filled toilets and the rest of the team is getting breakfast made by our STL or my own lunch is interrupted by a gondola collapse (wonder why you can’t use an electric pallet jack on the floor?). They’re just different work centers.

The other day one of our RTU’s (AC units) threw a belt and it sounded like a small explosion on the sales floor. I’m not going to back up a register over stopping something that can escalate in to a roof fire.

There are also the “other guys” who just coast and maintain their store at a low green level to keep their PMBP’s off their back. It doesn’t mean they should cashier, it just means they need to be replaced.

They can be pulled up similar to how WO histories can be pulled for assets and locations. Depends how savvy the user is on Maximo to find it.

Can I just say that Maximo is awfully non-user friendly. The update recently just polished a turd.
I know how to pull that up, I was curious to hear how other stores are taking advantage of you.

I know how to pull that up, I was curious to hear how other stores are taking advantage of you.

We had a store using a fulltime PMT doing truck 2 or 3 times a week and he chocked it up as store support. He mentioned it off hand to our PMBP as if it was an achievement. As a result our labor hours were getting pulled and audited to make sure we weren’t spending more than a couple hours a week for store support.

If you were doing a lot of store supp hours then the PMBP would drop in and rip you apart on anything red grade. Guess who didn’t last long as PMT.........

We had a store using a fulltime PMT doing truck 2 or 3 times a week and he chocked it up as store support. He mentioned it off hand to our PMBP as if it was an achievement. As a result our labor hours were getting pulled and audited to make sure we weren’t spending more than a couple hours a week for store support.

If you were doing a lot of store supp hours then the PMBP would drop in and rip you apart on anything red grade. Guess who didn’t last long as PMT.........
Ahh, I see. Sucks for him. Was he just too nice or too gullible?

My old PMBP wouldn't have mind if I was helping the store if it was within reason, but the one now is far too serious but at the same time makes sure I'm not being taken advantage of as the ever changing leadership in my store means no one really knows what I should and shouldn't be doing.

Did yall see, PMBPs and PMDs are now gonna expect us to either perform or explain the processes on specific PMs during visits now.
Like there wasnt enough pressure with visits in general, and getting our workload done, now they wanna attack us even more.

Fucking annoying.

Its a lot of bullshit for a non salaried, no overtime position.

They already audited one of my PMs and got ripped to shreds because I overlooked something. The visits are getting tougher to deal with. Doesn’t help that PMBPs are showing up unannounced. I’m having enough pressure to finish a paint job or a large project that the last thing I’m thinking about is a visit. And showing up every few weeks too, what gives? A year ago they only did visits every couple months.

They already audited one of my PMs and got ripped to shreds because I overlooked something. The visits are getting tougher to deal with. Doesn’t help that PMBPs are showing up unannounced. I’m having enough pressure to finish a paint job or a large project that the last thing I’m thinking about is a visit. And showing up every few weeks too, what gives? A year ago they only did visits every couple months.
I don’t mind when my PMBP comes through, I just can’t stand my PMD. He’s a dick, and in my opinion his position is absolutely pointless. I wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep if they cut PMDs on the upcoming AE.

Honestly dont see myself staying at spot that much longer, my morale turned to shit, these visits are going to get more annoying as we go.

Got a PMD visit coming up, Inventory and the Patio Set all within two fucking weeks.

Honestly I don’t see myself with Spot by year’s end either. I’m stuck with an old store and I can’t keep up with all the BS they want me to do on top of managing my tablet’s numerous apps and then making time for surprise visits. I’m amazed I lasted for as long as I have in this position but it’s just not fun anymore.

Honestly I don’t see myself with Spot by year’s end either. I’m stuck with an old store and I can’t keep up with all the BS they want me to do on top of managing my tablet’s numerous apps and then making time for surprise visits. I’m amazed I lasted for as long as I have in this position but it’s just not fun anymore.

My store is the second oldest in my state
My RTUs go down often af
Registers suck

I'd say within the next 3 months I will be outta here

The increase of visits lately has just reaffirmed my belief that this company wastes an enormous sum of money on these district level and above clowns. My last walk with my PMBP, PMD, and Senior PMD felt like a DTL walk. They spent more time talking about the stores zone and upcoming brands than anything related to PM. The Sr. PMD flew here from a place where he was within 3 hours driving, and stayed in a hotel overnight just to visit 3 stores, and talk about the same shit we’ve heard on every other walk, or read in an email. I’d really like to see how much money is wasted on their travel, food, and accommodations.

It was an announced visit, so my prep boiled down to ‘he’ll know your numbers before he even walks in the door’. WHAT IS THE POINT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back