Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is the second oldest in my state
My RTUs go down often af
Registers suck

I'd say within the next 3 months I will be outta here

My store has a two digit number. Oldest in the district in need of a remodel. Tile looks like crap all over. It was poorly maintained before I took the store so trying to make it new now is just not possible no matter how much they want it to.

I’ll be damn if I have to go through another summer of the team member RTU going down every other week

I haven’t been asked to explain pm’s yet nor has that been remotely brought up. My PMBP explained the new Maximo orientated PM system to me which seems alright. I’m not a fan of the iPad centric idea that they’re running with though.

I’m not worried about a lot of it. My PMBP and PMD are definitely pushing me to do their style MSRG even though my store is in great condition for being almost 10 years since the last remodel, plus I’ve only improved it with the way I walk it. If I do it the way they want then I’ll have 150 open workorders that will take me months to clear out.

At the end of the day it comes down to the type of leadership you have. Im fortunate to have leadership that stays fairly hands off and allows me to make judgement calls still.

That’s lame. He’s on a power trip, nobody minds push/pull with flats at my store. Scratch the floor with a pallet jack after I’ve talked to you once... you gonna get it.
Hell I've seen them move a gondola a good 3 inches with one. Never seen the scratch the floor. Walls? Yes. Ceiling? Fuck yes.

My store has a two digit number. Oldest in the district in need of a remodel. Tile looks like crap all over. It was poorly maintained before I took the store so trying to make it new now is just not possible no matter how much they want it to.

I’ll be damn if I have to go through another summer of the team member RTU going down every other week
If you have a two digit # then you are in Minnesota, Oklahoma or in Texas because there's a tint amount still operating.
I would love that new tile they put in the store in Richmond, TX I just don't know if it would work well in our store.

Grip for sure because you are doing knife work all day.
Back in the day I could have crushed most peoples hands.
The guys who have to move the sides of beef off the hooks are monsters.
Especially with the blodd soaked white coat on and holding up the hook

This is the point of this thread, to gain understanding. There’s been plenty of times where I’m snaking shit filled toilets and the rest of the team is getting breakfast made by our STL or my own lunch is interrupted by a gondola collapse (wonder why you can’t use an electric pallet jack on the floor?). They’re just different work centers.

The other day one of our RTU’s (AC units) threw a belt and it sounded like a small explosion on the sales floor. I’m not going to back up a register over stopping something that can escalate in to a roof fire.

There are also the “other guys” who just coast and maintain their store at a low green level to keep their PMBP’s off their back. It doesn’t mean they should cashier, it just means they need to be replaced.
I love our current PMT. He congenial, and gets the work done. I know fixing the compactor was never fun but he got the people in there to do it too. Then we have our ever malfunctioning coolers. He's a workhorse for sure

If you have a two digit # then you are in Minnesota, Oklahoma or in Texas because there's a tint amount still operating.
I would love that new tile they put in the store in Richmond, TX I just don't know if it would work well in our store.
My store would need to get releveled before any new tile can be done. We had a large area redone recently and already turning to crap. So unlevel because the area had a different purpose at one time and the patch work wasn’t fixed in an older remodel.

The increase of visits lately has just reaffirmed my belief that this company wastes an enormous sum of money on these district level and above clowns. My last walk with my PMBP, PMD, and Senior PMD felt like a DTL walk. They spent more time talking about the stores zone and upcoming brands than anything related to PM. The Sr. PMD flew here from a place where he was within 3 hours driving, and stayed in a hotel overnight just to visit 3 stores, and talk about the same shit we’ve heard on every other walk, or read in an email. I’d really like to see how much money is wasted on their travel, food, and accommodations.

It was an announced visit, so my prep boiled down to ‘he’ll know your numbers before he even walks in the door’. WHAT IS THE POINT.
Was this in August/September?

My store would need to get releveled before any new tile can be done. We had a large area redone recently and already turning to crap. So unlevel because the area had a different purpose at one time and the patch work wasn’t fixed in an older remodel.

My PMBP asked me to retile a section of the sales floor but that got shut down real quick after explaining that the concrete underneath was never finished correctly in the first place. When my store gets remodeled they’ll have to grind the entire sales floor because the telegraphing and cracking is so bad all over the place.

My PMBP asked me to retile a section of the sales floor but that got shut down real quick after explaining that the concrete underneath was never finished correctly in the first place. When my store gets remodeled they’ll have to grind the entire sales floor because the telegraphing and cracking is so bad all over the place.
Same situation at my store. So many burn marks because the buffer has work over all the bumps. Honestly with the volume we have, I'm surprised the place stays open. We have a good market area so I don't know why they aren't putting more investment into it.

Same

Gotcha. It just sounded VERY familiar

Any of you guys see that we’re now ‘required’ to use sandbags when power washing, and vacuum up any standing water?

Any of you guys see that we’re now ‘required’ to use sandbags when power washing, and vacuum up any standing water?

I haven’t heard anything like that.

I’m on the west coast with a “no power washing” policy. My city allows commercial properties to power wash store fronts though so I do it anyway.

Fight the power.

I saw this and it seems like nonsense but what can you do? I saw your other posts about your PMD - I think we have the same person haha. Hanging around R300?

No one answered the OP about the checklane counters - I would call Pan Oston and they will ask for very specific dimensions. I had some that a previous PMT ordered that were off by maybe 1" on each side.

I saw this and it seems like nonsense but what can you do? I saw your other posts about your PMD - I think we have the same person haha. Hanging around R300?

No one answered the OP about the checklane counters - I would call Pan Oston and they will ask for very specific dimensions. I had some that a previous PMT ordered that were off by maybe 1" on each side.

I’m the OP, I have Killington checklanes. I’m waiting til the replacement top comes in and already told my PMBP and PMD that tops might be off a little since they were at my store recently. Maybe I’ll break out my prior carpentry experience to fit them if they’re close enough.

Nah, I’m in 400. I’m not going to sandbag shit. They didn’t know we weren’t doing it before, they won’t know that I’m not doing it now. Power washing is one PM that I actually enjoy. They’ll have to pry that wand from my cold dead hands.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard anything like that.

I’m on the west coast with a “no power washing” policy. My city allows commercial properties to power wash store fronts though so I do it anyway.

Fight the power.
So it’s because of stores like yours that I had to answer 3 times in one survey, aRE YoU a cALIfOrNiA sTORe?!

Takes long enough just to setup my power washer because I have a long sidewalk that I have to stretch my hoses, I’ll be damn if I have to add sandbags to the mix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, I’m in 400. I’m not going to sandbag shit. They didn’t know we weren’t doing it before, they won’t know that I’m not doing it now. Power washing is one PM that I actually enjoy. They’ll have to pry that wand from my cold dead hands.

I'm totally going to do it. It'll take me pressure washing every day for two weeks to get down the whole length of the sidewalk at my store.

It's absolute silliness though. Shananigans, even.

I'm totally going to do it. It'll take me pressure washing every day for two weeks to get down the whole length of the sidewalk at my store.

It's absolute silliness though. Shananigans, even.
I would agree, but that 2 hours I have before guests is prime time. Due to a pretty specific and unfortunate circumstance, I can’t power wash after 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back