Archived Yep, it’s broken: A PMT thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
They termed me bro :(

LOL, na, it was a really good visit, i knew my numbers, spoke my business, had good wins and opps.
I made my PMBP feel like crap because its my bday, and I mentioned she didnt say happy birthday, and the PMD told her she should have her PMTs bdays in her calendar.
Happy belated birthday bro

Key carriers have an alarm code.
Yeah but at my store at least, the roof hatch is nowhere remotely close to the alarm panel, so they have one person open it while the other gets the alarm.

One store I trained at, PMT had keys to the roof but I think he cored it that way so he has access to it and no one noticed. I don’t have that luck though I do have my own set of core keys but I won’t change it because I don’t want to run that risk.

Yeah but at my store at least, the roof hatch is nowhere remotely close to the alarm panel, so they have one person open it while the other gets the alarm.

Wut. Just get their keys have have them wait at the pannel. Who has the time to coordinate 2 key carriers? It’s a pain in the ass just getting one to wait 30 seconds for you.

They do from time to time. Especially with supplies and questions but as far as attacking projects other stores usually get more focus and I’m at the bottom of the totem pole.

Hah. I asked someone to help me with a project I need 2 overnights for and he said I was out of my mind lol

I went to another store and I went judging anything PMT related. I look at some things and get jealous while others I noticed the PMT neglected like some of the poles haven’t been painted yet and it’s not just one it’s many.

Thanks man, I appreciate it.

Thankfully at least in my case, Gondola movements havent been too crazy for the sets.

In With the new, I had nothing to do.

I only gotta take one gondola down for the patio set.

But those grills are a bitch to build

I took down two 4 ft stand alones, 1 complete row of 84’s and 4 sections I think. I just found a new pallet of parts labeled as ‘plano’ and a bunch of uprights. I have so many parts I don’t know what to do with them. Next week I plan on pulling everything out to organize everything and repair anything I have damaged in the store. I’ve also said I’m gonna do this for the last month

One store I trained at, PMT had keys to the roof but I think he cored it that way so he has access to it and no one noticed. I don’t have that luck though I do have my own set of core keys but I won’t change it because I don’t want to run that risk.

That's how most of the stores in my district are.

I took down two 4 ft stand alones, 1 complete row of 84’s and 4 sections I think. I just found a new pallet of parts labeled as ‘plano’ and a bunch of uprights. I have so many parts I don’t know what to do with them. Next week I plan on pulling everything out to organize everything and repair anything I have damaged in the store. I’ve also said I’m gonna do this for the last month
Theres a couple projects like this I want to do. Plano gets these new fixtures but never does anything with them. I ended up having to sweep some of them because everyone kept pointing the finger to me like I ordered them.

I’m getting rid of the shelving in my office and replace them with 18” gondolas. I think I’d have more opportunities for storage since the ceiling in my office is about 3 feet shorter than every other PMT cage

I completely redid my office within the last year. The shelving was becoming unsafe and it was so old, it was time to update. I invested in some tool chests too. And my ceiling is low too. Everyone says I have one of their cleaner offices though my PMBP is always giving me shit about it.

I completely redid my office within the last year. The shelving was becoming unsafe and it was so old, it was time to update. I invested in some tool chests too. And my ceiling is low too. Everyone says I have one of their cleaner offices though my PMBP is always giving me shit about it.

I haven’t been able to redo mine at all. The way it’s set up now the door only opens half way because a shelf is blocking it. I’m more inclined to throw thing back in my office over putting thing back properly

What is the policy on Housekeeping attendance? I thought it was 2 hours that’s considered a No Show for work order but we have a guy who is consistently showing up at random times. I’ve talked to his supervisor a couple times. How should I write work orders for this for HQ tracking?

What is the policy on Housekeeping attendance? I thought it was 2 hours that’s considered a No Show for work order but we have a guy who is consistently showing up at random times. I’ve talked to his supervisor a couple times. How should I write work orders for this for HQ tracking?
If he’s calling in his punches, his company already knows he’s late and probably doesn’t give a shit. You’ll get better results by just marking assets red. If the guy isn’t there for his full shift, there’s gotta be something that isn’t getting done, or at best half assed.

Last edited:
If he’s calling in his punches, his company already knows he’s late and probably doesn’t give a shit. You’ll get better results by just marking assets red. If the guy isn’t there for his full shift, there’s gotta be something that isn’t getting done, or at best half assed.
Thats what I figured. When I first started the crew before was caught doing fake punches and took awhile before they were replaced. But never did work orders but since then management has changed. When I was questioned about this, that’s basically what I told my leads but wanted to get some insight here.

When I first started I drove myself nuts trying to ‘manage’ the cleaning crew. It took me a while to realize I was wasting my time. They know English but pretend they don’t, so it’s a pain in the ass to communicate with them about anything. I just started putting in WOs for everything per the MSRG and I let their company handle it. I barely interact with them.

One of my guys does this too. I know he knows English but speaks Spanish when he’s mad or something isn’t going his way

Red work order them for no shows. Be sure to write no show in she short description on the WO. I think there’s a sign in sheet you can print out if they’re being spotty in the mornings and the LODs aren’t mentioning it.

There’s also a performance check list of what they should be doing each day if you’re questioning their work.

I’m pretty hands off with HK because I have a great crew. We try to include them if we get food in the mornings or other special occasions. They’re basically part of the team now

Let ap know if you have this issue. If they are that bad we might be able to get rid of them in other ways.... and you might get a giftcard out of it for your trouble =D

Let ap know if you have this issue. If they are that bad we might be able to get rid of them in other ways.... and you might get a giftcard out of it for your trouble =D

If you fire housekeepers then the rest of the HK team will have to train new people leaving areas not cleaned as well or completely unmaintained. Having a HK team in constant turnover would just creat termoil on our end.

It’s incredibly hard to separate a contract with houskeeping, landscaping, and lot sweeping vendors. It takes multiple issues a month for a year or longer to even have the contract evaluated. That’s why certain companies who have been with target forever are dogshit at their jobs- they know they can get away with it.

Does anyone else have PMVP’s visiting this month?

Does anyone else have PMVP’s visiting this month?
Thats a new one for me. I had the PMD and ever since I haven’t heard much from the PMBP. If they were, my PMBP would be freaking out and telling me to check this and check that.

If you fire housekeepers then the rest of the HK team will have to train new people leaving areas not cleaned as well or completely unmaintained. Having a HK team in constant turnover would just creat termoil on our end.

It’s incredibly hard to separate a contract with houskeeping, landscaping, and lot sweeping vendors. It takes multiple issues a month for a year or longer to even have the contract evaluated. That’s why certain companies who have been with target forever are dogshit at their jobs- they know they can get away with it.

We have a good retention at my store. Granted I only have two, they have been at the store a couple years already but I think the dude is getting burned out. After we fired the crew before, we went through a lot of crew changes in the transition period.

In my 3ish years at my store, I've had 4 different individuals. The first two were meh, but my current two are pretty good. My PMBPhates that I dont mark em red for every lil missed detail work.

A gondola shifts a little from a TM or guest hitting it, its somehow housekeepings fault.

Im pretty hands off as well. If they royally fuck up, they'll get a red, and I'll email their boss on why I gave em a red.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back