Archived Your Weirdest Scam/Fraud Moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my Lord. I had some lady try to tell me that she could use up to 4 coupons today in SCO. Yes, that's true, but you can't use copies of the internet coupons. They all had the same serial number. I patiently explained it to her. She was so snotty. She told me that she could do that. I told her that was coupon fraud. She told me I need training in customer service. I turned away to laugh. Bye bitch. No coupons for you tonight. Not having it.

Oh my Lord. I had some lady try to tell me that she could use up to 4 coupons today in SCO. Yes, that's true, but you can't use copies of the internet coupons. They all had the same serial number. I patiently explained it to her. She was so snotty. She told me that she could do that. I told her that was coupon fraud. She told me I need training in customer service. I turned away to laugh. Bye bitch. No coupons for you tonight. Not having it.

Four identical coupons are four identical coupons, including identical barcodes. Two coupons that look the same but with different barcodes aren't identical coupons. It's no different than if she had hit up three of her closest friends for their copies of the Sunday paper.

Four identical coupons are four identical coupons, including identical barcodes. Two coupons that look the same but with different barcodes aren't identical coupons. It's no different than if she had hit up three of her closest friends for their copies of the Sunday paper.
I'm sorry we've explained how the printable coupons work to you already. You are incorrect.

No, each coupon has a different barcode. You can have 4 coupons for the same product, but they all must have different barcodes.

She can hit up her friends for those identical coupons, they will all have different barcodes. Even coupon companies will say copied coupons are not allowed.

I'm sorry we've explained how the printable coupons work to you already. You are incorrect.

That's not true, unless they have serial numbers, there's not really a good way to enforce this. Not all coupons have unique barcodes. In fact i think most of them don't. Now if someone photocopies a penny saver coupon, that's different.

That's not true, unless they have serial numbers, there's not really a good way to enforce this. Not all coupons have unique barcodes. In fact i think most of them don't. Now if someone photocopies a penny saver coupon, that's different.

The online ones do have a serial code. You are allowed to print two per device . When you print those two coupons, they will each have different serial numbers .

Edit- You could take them to different stores and they wouldn't be able to track it until they were turned in. They will probably both work at your store as well because our system doesn't catch it. But if you hand me two coupons with the exact same serial number that you printed at home, we know that you've copied them .

I'm a poacher. If I see you in another lane with only a $400 visa gift card to buy, you're mine. No wait. Come to me.

Let me help you here. Sure, I'll just need your ID and the card? What ? A Wells Fargo Debit you want to run as credit with no PIN sir? Oh and you do appear to be male, I won't judge; it's Target. Jane? Yes, I AM stupid for denying you. Stupid all day long. Your ID doesn't match the first or last name. Bye bye.

Was covering a lunch up at the service desk and I had our usual shady ass people that come in, steal specifically Olay products, then attempt to return them without a receipt. Two of them come in, both with the same products, first one claims his girlfriend got them, no receipt, kept rambling on. I straight up told him we only do exchanges from the same department for them. he backs down suprisingly, leaves the store, next one comes realizes what i said, leaves with him. 20 minutes later, when the service desk tm came back, i was helping to clean up the desk for him when they came back in with two other people, looking shady as hell. they were staring me down, then went straight to him -.- before i got the chance to pull him to the side to tell him to only do exchanges for them (he's newer up there so he wasn't sure), he did the return and they both left with over 100 dollars of on a gift card. I was so annoyed that i just left and went back to my zone. smh.

that TM should have not done that-- they should have noticed something was up (noticing when something is up is basically what GSTMs do) also the system should have stopped at $75 on a GC

Guest tried to return a bunch of random old Target clothes today. Some were Circo and Cherokee with Cat and Jack tags. My GS TM almost took them back until I walked up and explained to the Guest we couldn't as these weren't J&C clothes. Started to get nasty so I called AP up and the woman left when she saw my ETL walking with our TPS.

that TM should have not done that-- they should have noticed something was up (noticing when something is up is basically what GSTMs do) also the system should have stopped at $75 on a GC

Of course they shouldn't have done that, that was the whole point of the post. To complain!!!! Ugh!

Most printable coupons DO have unique numbers. Look at the upper right corner of the coupon.....

Attachments

• IMG_3247.JPG
    IMG_3247.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Most printable coupons DO have unique numbers. Look at the upper right corner of the coupon.....

That's a serial number. I'm talking about the barcodes.

I'm pretty sure a lady stole a stylus. I was ringing her up not long after opening and her card was declined and she said she was gonna go get another card (??? she had her wallet w her but ok) and the stylus was on the boat. I turn away for a sec and she grabs it and walks off with it towards the exit while grumbling about her card and I just ??????

????????????

That's a serial number. I'm talking about the barcodes.
Sorry if we simpletons aren't using the correct terminology for you, but those are the "unique barcodes" everyone else is referring to, which are present on every printed coupon I've ever printed. Not sure what the "barcode/QR code hybrid looking thing" above the serial number is technically called (and quite honestly, don't give a rat's ass,) but in layman's terms, it's a barcode. If THOSE numbers are the same, it's photocopied. Clear enough?

I'm pretty sure a lady stole a stylus. I was ringing her up not long after opening and her card was declined and she said she was gonna go get another card (??? she had her wallet w her but ok) and the stylus was on the boat. I turn away for a sec and she grabs it and walks off with it towards the exit while grumbling about her card and I just ??????

????????????
Someone stole just the TIP of ours. o_O

Sorry if we simpletons aren't using the correct terminology for you, but those are the "unique barcodes" everyone else is referring to, which are present on every printed coupon I've ever printed. Not sure what the "barcode/QR code hybrid looking thing" above the serial number is technically called (and quite honestly, don't give a rat's ass,) but in layman's terms, it's a barcode. If THOSE numbers are the same, it's photocopied. Clear enough?

Jesus christ, are you popping pills from the pharamacy section? Go back to my original post, and I specifically mention, "unless they have serial numbers" you fucking tardo.

Thanks for the positive contribution.
Pretty sure someone is still being a jerk.
I'll just leave 'em on ignore.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back