Archived Your Weirdest Scam/Fraud Moment?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus christ, are you popping pills from the pharamacy section? Go back to my original post, and I specifically mention, "unless they have serial numbers" you fucking tardo.
Where's the "pharamacy section?"

And I said the hybrid barcode/QR codes are present on every printed coupon I've seen and are ABOVE the serial number. MEANING, they represent the serial number....if they're photocopied, the serial number AND the barcode hybrid thing are going to be identical! It doesn't take a fucking rocket scientist to figure it out!

Maybe you should be popping some pills from the PHARMACY section.

I'll just ignore your last comment because it shows your true colors.

So when are you guys starting a circle jerk thread?

had a guest ticket switch a $100 sheet set for something worth $6, I've caught him before so i went over, grabbed it, peeled the sticker off, and said "hey someone covered the original label with this one, I'm sorry but i can't sell it to you for that price. Did you still want to but it for what it's worth or did you want to go pick something else out?" wasn't weird but it was bold as he threatens to fight me all the time.

tumblr_meonu6XND21qebq00o1_500.jpg

I had a weird call today, I don't know if someone was trying a scam or not. Lady called, said she had bought a Target gift card at Safeway. She said she gave it to someone who tried it and there was no money, but someone told her the wrong barcode might have been scanned. I wanted to pass her on to guest services but they were busy. She wanted to read the numbers to someone who could check and see if the card was activated or if there was money on the card, I'm not quite sure which since she loved throwing in details.

What do you all think? Once I told her to call the phone number on the back of the card she was content and hung up, she didn't push beyond me telling her that, which makes me think it wasn't a scam. But on the other hand, why would she want to read a gift card number over the phone to someone?

One of our grocery chains down here does & they take 24 hrs to activate compared to instant activation at a Target store.
If it had more than one barcode on the back, the cashier likely scanned the wrong one for payment (the one for loading the card). That's easily fixed by scanning the OTHER barcode.

One of our grocery chains down here does & they take 24 hrs to activate compared to instant activation at a Target store.
If it had more than one barcode on the back, the cashier likely scanned the wrong one for payment (the one for loading the card). That's easily fixed by scanning the OTHER barcode.

When I train cashiers, I specifically show them which bar code to scan. You are correct. If you scan the wrong one, it will show the card as being empty.
Every grocery chain here (Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Kroger, Albertsons, Ralphs, etc) sells Target gift cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back