Zebra Devices

Ok so this more of a rant than anything. Almost all the time I get a defective my device. It either force closes within one of the apps for example using Driveup, or Shipt Audit. I either have to completely exit out of the app or restart the whole device. Sometimes it works or it doesn't help at all. Why can't target get devices that are more durable and that don't break so easily. This company makes a ton of money you would think they would invest in a device that was better quality

Zebras are used elsewhere. I'm betting that it's the Target apps and not the device that is the issue.

Correct. The issue isn't with the Zebras, it's with the apps. So no matter what zebra you have, this issue will be the same.

OP, mention the issue in the MyDay thread. Many of the devs for the apps check in there and often fix issues quickly once they see them listed there.

A lot of it is lack of software optimization but the fact that the zebras only have 2-4gbs of memory and run 4+ year old snapdragon processors doesn’t help.

Our store has two different models the tc52 and tc57, the 52 model sucks and starts being laggy very quickly but the 57 model which is the one I exclusively grab is seems pretty fine. I switch apps all the time since I'm in fulfillment but other than the occasional scanner issue since myday likes to hog the scanner even though the app isn't on screen ours seem fine

For me the apps are manageable but as of late they absolutely eat through battery life on the devices and when the battery gets low the device throttle and come to an absolute crawl and usually the scanner won’t scan when the battery gets too low. It’s been more of an issue over the last couple of months because I always have to carry an extra battery with me whereas before I could usually just barely get through the shift on a fully charged battery.

Welcome!

Ok so this more of a rant than anything. Almost all the time I get a defective my device. It either force closes within one of the apps for example using Driveup, or Shipt Audit. I either have to completely exit out of the app or restart the whole device. Sometimes it works or it doesn't help at all. Why can't target get devices that are more durable and that don't break so easily. This company makes a ton of money you would think they would invest in a device that was better quality
If you go into the app named “tep” or maybe “tep agent” you can go to the applications section and choose the app your have problems with and select it and press “reprocess”. That will reset the app for that mydevice and I think it clears the ram for the app which is one of the reason it often crashes. We have tc51/52/56/57 devices and in my opinion the tc57 works the best but they are probably all the same or very similar.

One thing I always do. When I pick up a zebra, before even signing in, I force quit all open apps so everything is fresh. That seems to help.
I take this a step further and have gotten into the habit of just rebooting it immediately after removing it from the charger. Also adjusting the screen brightness to be around 1/4-1/3 helps battery life immensely.

If you go into the app named “tep” or maybe “tep agent” you can go to the applications section and choose the app your have problems with and select it and press “reprocess”. That will reset the app for that mydevice and I think it clears the ram for the app which is one of the reason it often crashes. We have tc51/52/56/57 devices and in my opinion the tc57 works the best but they are probably all the same or very similar.
This is super helpful

This also makes the drive up notifications work again and it only takes like 30 seconds

This process is just reinstalling the app. It really shouldn't do anything more than just 'swiping away' the app to kill it. (Except the aforementioned notifications as reinstalling it will break notifications if someone enabled those stupid fucking things that corporate can't get through their thick skulls are a nuisance to the vast majority of team members and guests.)

Fixed that for you.

But is there anything else under TEP that’s useful?
Depends on your definition of useful? It's just the management app.
There is a Wi-Fi reset that is a lot more useful than the mySettings Wi-Fi Reset, there's also a reset scanner action in the 'actions' tab which will reset everything on the software side for the scanner and then reboot the device.

This process is just reinstalling the app. It really shouldn't do anything more than just 'swiping away' the app to kill it. (Except the aforementioned notifications as reinstalling it will fix notifications if someone has disabled them)
It also fixes “app closed unexpectedly” glitch. (App crashes immediately after opening even after force quit and reboot)

Don't the Zebras automatically log out the previous user when they either power them off or put them on the charger?

I have seen my Zebra just log me out when I am still using it.

Back