I'm Lost! Zebra Printers

Hey Team,

We got a bunch of new printers in recently and they haven't been setup. Does anyone know how to get the barcode printed for each printers wireless ID? I've asked a few people at my store and no one seems to have knowledge, so I figured I'd throw it out here. Thanks!!

Idk how to set them up but once they’re set up under menu on the printer there’s an option to get to config (maybe under network?) and then you go down one and there should be an option for “print id label”.

flex labels are the perfect size

Its all setup via the zebra mobile printer and the printer wireless ID would look something like TXXXXPRT01YY. It took my awhile to find the instructions on workbench. It kept giving setup pages for other zebra devices.

Press the option "more" and then "configure ID." There should be two options with the first being the store number and the latter the printer number. The first option will have 4 numbers to change to your store number(XXXX). The second option will be the last 2 numbers of the printer label (YY). Once that is setup, turn it off and turn it back on. Give it 30 minutes for it to configure to the network and ID. If there is a printer already with the same printer ID, it may automatically change the printer ID (YY) to a non-registered one. After the 30 minutes, place in a flexible fulfillment roll (long version of the defective/upc label) and press the blue button 3 times to print a barcode of the printer ID.

To skip the printer ID already registered issue, ask your PML for all the printer ID's. They can give a printout of the printer IDs from his equipment control page and you would choose the one's not listed for the YY.

Last edited:
Its all setup via the zebra mobile printer and the printer wireless ID would look something like TXXXXPRT01YY. It took my awhile to find the instructions on workbench. It kept giving other setup pages for other zebra devices.

After the 30 minutes, place in a flexible fulfillment roll (long version of the defective/upc label) and press the blue button 3 times to print a barcode of the printer ID.

You can also just use the UPC labels to print the barcode if needed, it won't cause issues. When the barcode prints, there will be a pop-up that asks if the barcode printed properly. If you want two labels for each printer, tear off the first label, tell it "no" and it'll print another ID label (this doesn't affect the setup process).

Also, from what I recall the application for this setup is called PrinterLoader and should be installed on certain workstations throughout the store (in my store's case that was HR's PC in clerical and the signing PC).

You can also just use the UPC labels to print the barcode if needed, it won't cause issues. When the barcode prints, there will be a pop-up that asks if the barcode printed properly. If you want two labels for each printer, tear off the first label, tell it "no" and it'll print another ID label (this doesn't affect the setup process).

Also, from what I recall the application for this setup is called PrinterLoader and should be installed on certain workstations throughout the store (in my store's case that was HR's PC in clerical and the signing PC).
I think the UPC label barcode is too short. It’ll cut off the barcode before it finishes.

PrinterLoader was removed when the windows computer changed to chromeboxes. The signing PC was the last windows computer accessible to TMs but HQ wanted it removed from stores excluding small formats.

I think the UPC label barcode is too short. It’ll cut off the barcode before it finishes.

PrinterLoader was removed when the windows computer changed to chromeboxes. The signing PC was the last windows computer accessible to TMs but HQ wanted it removed from stores excluding small formats.
Unless they right-aligned the barcode when it prints, using the UPC label should cause no issues, it's just not as pretty. Good to know about the application not being available anymore.

I’ve asked the PML and her response “they’re not my responsibility.”

So we have a few that are new just not setup.

I tried the steps below and when I select “more” there is no “configure ID” option.

Here are some pictures of what’s on the screen.

307E31DA-FEFA-4B58-A205-5DA1D5306FDC.jpeg

AA308CE4-28BF-4A87-B86D-A283DC56A0DA.jpeg

thanks for all the suggestions so far!

Its all setup via the zebra mobile printer and the printer wireless ID would look something like TXXXXPRT01YY. It took my awhile to find the instructions on workbench. It kept giving setup pages for other zebra devices.

Press the option "more" and then "configure ID." There should be two options with the first being the store number and the latter the printer number. The first option will have 4 numbers to change to your store number(XXXX). The second option will be the last 2 numbers of the printer label (YY). Once that is setup, turn it off and turn it back on. Give it 30 minutes for it to configure to the network and ID. If there is a printer already with the same printer ID, it may automatically change the printer ID (YY) to a non-registered one. After the 30 minutes, place in a flexible fulfillment roll (long version of the defective/upc label) and press the blue button 3 times to print a barcode of the printer ID.

To skip the printer ID already registered issue, ask your PML for all the printer ID's. He can give a printout of the printer IDs from his equipment control page and you would choose the one's not listed for the YY.

I’ve asked the PML and her response “they’re not my responsibility.”

So we have a few that are new just not setup.

I tried the steps below and when I select “more” there is no “configure ID” option.

Here are some pictures of what’s on the screen.

View attachment 9992

View attachment 9993

thanks for all the suggestions so far!
I love when the PML gives that answer. It’s not their responsibility to setup the printers but a printout of the printer list would be nice. On the chromebox, look at the bookmarks list for PML. It’s one of those links that lead to the equipment control page. (Cool you have a female PML.)

The printer looks like it doesn’t have the latest software update that allows setup on the printer itself. Without the PrinterLoad application, I don’t know off the top of my head.
I’ll double check next time I go in. There might be a way to somehow update in the store or you might have to send it to Compucom to get the update.

Search on workbench “Qln320” and it might bring up the setup page. It should be a document that has text and images, nothing fancy about it.

Last edited:
Unfortunately these need to be sent to Zebra.
There is no way way to update the firmware if they're not connecting to tcwifi.
Your PML can create a ticket in myTech to send them back.

The setup instructions on workbench says it should have the “configure ID” to do a manual setup.

If you still have a windows PCs, check for PrinterLoader to do the firmware update. You’ll need a miniUSB to plug it in I think. Otherwise, you’ll need to send it back to get the firmware update. Ask your PMT to submit work orders for them or try contacting CSC for the work orders.

Back