Archived 15 minute break rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question when it comes to 15 minute breaks, I've been working at target for a year. My Tl approached me to address a concern about me and a another team member. This team member, we'll call her Sam for the sake of it, tends to visit me when she goes on her 15 minute breaks. She does this all the time and I as well tend to do it here and there. It doesn't interfere when I'm zoning (we are both hardlines.), in fact we generally help each other out to speed things up a bit. Today I was approached by my TL and told me that we can't do that, and that it distracts the tm on the clock , and we could potentially get written up on it. I complied to cease doing what we do, but I'm curious, is it wrong? Could we really get written up for it?

This happens to me all the time, but it just results in a TL saying "get back to work guys". no write up. I'm sure that's discretion by the TL though.

This happens to me all the time, but it just results in a TL saying "get back to work guys". no write up. I'm sure that's discretion by the TL though.
They warned me with a write up , I just thought it was funny because I've never been in trouble for anything while working at target. I just want to know if it's written in stone.

Something like that won't be written in stone like most life's expectations. But I understand where the TL is coming from because the potential for loafing in a situation like that is high.

That being said, if this is a romance then nobody will stand in the way of true love. :rolleyes:

If you are on break, leave other team members alone. Hook up after work, problem solved. Not an issue to really argue or fight over. The team leader is right. Just take it as a grain of salt, pop up in each other's zones throughout the night/day, do your quick flirting and off you go. Make money, keep heart happy, and TL gets workers who will work and make them happy in return. It'll pay off in the long run!

Just keep in mind, TLs also have bosses who get on their asses if their work centers aren't up to par. So maybe someone said something to him/her and they are heading it off to keep a ETL from becoming involved and being a dick to all involved.

It could technically be considered time clock theft or whatever they call it if it happens too much. Essentially stealing target time when you should be working. If your tl notices it, maybe it's time to not do it as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back