Corporate $15

The employer will pay for it.

As an added bonus, that employee will possibly make enough money to feed and house themselves, relying less on state welfare.

And let’s be real. I live in TX where we still have $7.25 minimum wage. But I have visited WA and CA known to have $15ish minimum wages. I go to their grocery stores, I go out to eat. I don’t think “damn this bag of apples or restaurant hamburger is twice the price of Texas”. It doesn’t work that way.

Anectdotaly, when I started cashiering in 2008, it was common for co-workers (Target Team members) to use their EBT card for lunch or groceries. We had an elderly cart attendant who would buy a 40 cent yogurt and 20 cent banana for his lunch with his EBT card.

Im not saying we don’t have Team Members now on government assistance/EBT. I mean you probably can’t support a family on $15/hr easily. But it’s a lot less prevelent now.

And when adults are paid a living wage, they need less welfare from the state. When an employer gets away with paying $7.25/hr for a full time adult employee it is basically corporate welfare... where the employer is depending on the state to feed their employees.

Trust me there are small businesses all over the 29 states with higher than federal minimum wage who have figured out how to do it. Maybe begrudgingly. And maybe some were too over extended to make it. But 29 of 50 states have figured it out.
No where I’ve worked. I live in Texas too.

Except when it's not really a raise because in reality we'll be making less than we are now, which is the case for a great many TMs who have worked at Target long enough to have received at least one evaluation. My base rate is $13.65, so right now with hazard pay I make $15.65 (let's ignore shift differential for simplification). Hazard pay is going away so going forward, I'll be at $15. So like @qmosqueen making less than I am now.
I got a 11cent raise this yr... so that put me at I think 13.11 an hour. So the 15 helps me

Got told today my pay gets bumped to $19 since I make less than that now. But when hazard pay goes away I end up losing more than a dollar an hour. At least Labor Day and thanksgiving will be better pay.

What they are doing is raising the minimum wage to the highest minimum wage in the continental USA. If you work in CA, you already made $15/hr. Now we all do.
Actually, the highest minimum wage is in the City of Seattle where it's currently $16.39/hr. The problem is the cost of living in Seattle is almost double what it is in Springfield, MO or Great Falls, MT -- MAINLY due to very steep housing costs, but also some other expenses. This isn't a negative opinion about less-expensive communities, in some respects those lower-cost places can be better places to live and less stressful (i.e. traffic and commuting hassles, crime rates).

Last edited:
My HRBP told me that today. Where he got the information I’m not sure. He may have been speculating based of previous pay increases but I’ve been telling my TLs so I sure hope she’s right.
Yeah seems to be the case. Thanks!

So you would remain at $15.25 but as you said, all new TM’s would be making $15.

Wrong.

Someone at $13.25 will be bumped to $15, not to $15.25, wage hikes have always raised people to a set amount if they are below it, the wage is not raised BY a set amount.

So, is the $200 for part time and full time TMs, or is it prorated to average hours? My TL mentioned the $15 bump tonight, but not the $200 bonus.

It's for anyone who is not on a LOA on July 13th as per my SD.

any word on TL raise lol

TL's will be bumped to $19 base pay at the same time TM pay is bumped to $15.

I got a 11cent raise this yr... so that put me at I think 13.11 an hour. So the 15 helps me

But you've been making $2 a hour hazard pay, so $13.11 is $15.11 till July 4th, then starting July 5th it's $15.00.

Last edited:
When do we get the $200 i could really use an echo show or google hub.

Wrong.

Someone at $13.25 will be bumped to $15, not to $15.25, wage hikes have always raised people to a set amount if they are below it, the wage is not raised BY a set amount.

It's for anyone who is not on a LOA on July 13th as per my SD.

TL's will be bumped to $19 base pay at the same time TM pay is bumped to $15.

But you've been making $2 a hour hazard pay, so $13.11 is $15.11 till July 4th, then starting July 5th it's $15.00.
Great post on explaining the pay situation.

This is why I always thought reviews were irrelevant because they are negated when the minimum pay gets bumped.

Companies that do everyone's review the same time every year regardless of start date show they mean nothing to me.

I have been at Target for five years and get paid the same as a newbie. I think they do this so they can get seasonal workers more easily over the summer and around Christmas.

Last edited:
Co sideeting the $12 attracred only the lazy shits who didnt care and had no work ethic im not holding my breath. Enjoy that koolaid though sounds refreshing.

Also wasnt talking about the 15 was talking about the piddly little bonus. If you think we arent pauing for that in other ways you habent worked fro spot long enough
With 40 million people unemployed, there might be better chances of getting more responisble people with better work ethics. Might have to wait until July, when the $600 unemployment bonus runs out.

Last edited:
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve heard “but they interviewed so well!” when a seasonal hire goes completely off the rails.

What if I told you that bullshitters are good at bullshitting?

And what if I also told you that in 'Matrix', Morpheus never actually says, "What if I told you..."?

Bullshit ruins more than just shoes.

Last edited:
As I read people's responses a thought crossed my mind. Yes, a newbie will be making the same as some who have been with Target for years, but remember when you started and your starting rate was the same as those who have been there for years.

I feel old. I remembering starting out at $7.00 in 2000 and being at max pay of $9.50 for my last years up to 2009.

Just got confirmation no pay bump to TL minimum.
Confirmation from whom? Each time Target raises the minimum, the TL minimum goes up too. But each time, there is a good percentage of people who hear that anyone above the new minimum will not get any raise, and they mistakenly apply that to TLs.

Only for some. It's comforting to know that new hires and newer hires will be earning as much as many of the tm's who have been there for years and worked hard for those 3-5% raise increases. The incentive ... oh the incentive...
Yep. Worked there 16 years...getting same as new hire.

As I read people's responses a thought crossed my mind. Yes, a newbie will be making the same as some who have been with Target for years, but remember when you started and your starting rate was the same as those who have been there for years.
Wasn’t like that when I started. I made less then everyone else. It was only the last couple of years that newbies made the same as veterans. It’s not fair.

Back