MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I was told by our new STL that price change was going to take over Softlines again because it's failing to keep up. (and was told it's failing in like 90% of the company) We are going to train them again for a lot longer now. Great, but they are already trained. It's just that they never schedule people, they pull them from PC to push, zone, cover operator, they never finish one department fully, etc... It's their leadership that's not getting it. Oh well, I'm happy to be doing it again, it's been driving me crazy that they are so behind.

WOW SOFTLINES DOING THEIR OWN PRICE CHANGE IS FAILING IN 90% OF THE COMPANY WHO COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING.

There was an email sent out last week. The entire company is averaging 93% BRLA. there are over 615 unacknowledged trailers. There are over 4 million unworked price changes.
Can anyone get a copy of this email? I did not get this email. I am a veteran team member and have been in a leader position for almost a decade, my stl is telling their dtl and hr business partner, that I am the sole reason modernization is not working in their store. Let that sink in for a moment. Scapegoat much? They have started the CCA process. Before modernization, I was employee of the month at least twice a year and had never even been coached my entire tenure. I have been reading this for months but joined today for the simple fact if I have this email, when they fire me after they abuse me and use me for 4th quarter, I can easily get my unemployment and move on from this bad dream. Please and thank you.

Can anyone get a copy of this email? I did not get this email. I am a veteran team member and have been in a leader position for almost a decade, my stl is telling their dtl and hr business partner, that I am the sole reason modernization is not working in their store. Let that sink in for a moment. Scapegoat much? They have started the CCA process. Before modernization, I was employee of the month at least twice a year and had never even been coached my entire tenure. I have been reading this for months but joined today for the simple fact if I have this email, when they fire me after they abuse me and use me for 4th quarter, I can easily get my unemployment and move on from this bad dream. Please and thank you.
Three words will win you unemployment "hostile work environment". Documentation to prove it. If you work in an at will state showing numbers for the company isn't going to prove you aren't the problem... they will likely find a non- quantifiable reason to fire you.

Three words will win you unemployment "hostile work environment". Documentation to prove it. If you work in an at will state showing numbers for the company isn't going to prove you aren't the problem... they will likely find a non- quantifiable reason to fire you.
I am absolutely in at at will state. Thank you so much, it's a horrific environment. Since day one of the CCA I have documented everything, so I'm good there. I go in everyday do my best, lead my team and wait till the final curtain call.

I am absolutely in at at will state. Thank you so much, it's a horrific environment. Since day one of the CCA I have documented everything, so I'm good there. I go in everyday do my best, lead my team and wait till the final curtain call.
I just was termed after 21 years as a Team Lead...started to get coachings when the new processes rolled out. I tried hard to do my best but everytime I thought my team and I were getting on the right track the ETL would find something else being done "wrong" and I would get another coaching. They wanted me gone no matter what it took. After 21 years and right at the holidays this is how SPOT thanks me? There was a lot of favoritism at my store...no HR ETL for almost a year now so no one to go to other than the ETL or the STL who I'm sure was behind a lot of these coachings. I'm glad to finally be away from the stress and the constant humiliation of being treated like complete s*** in front of my team. But I am also hurt to think that after investing this much time into a company it ended this way.

Today I actually was given time to zone in the early afternoon. Saw my ETL. Told her reshop was done. Pulls caught up too. And, yet I wasn't told to go do something in small appliances or mini seasonal despite most of the floor pulled from their sections to do OPUs. I was told to zone my section. The sweet, sweet bliss of ripping all the extra Hot Wheels that do not belong but inbounds put up anyway off the pegs and actually finding wacos in the back to put them in. My stuffed animals actually got straightened out. Guests were served. Shit got sold. Now, to get them to take toys seriously every other day.

This! I can sooo relate!!! Never had I ever gotten a CCA in 20 years then this past year I all of a sudden became "stupid" and didn't know s***. I was being ostracized from my own department while the ETL and her "favorite" VM got all the recognition when things went well and when things didn't, it was on me. I applied for unemployment and am waiting to hear back. Never did I think it would come to this... I loved my job and I loved my team. All it takes is a bad STL and an ETL that from the beginning decides they don't like you and a 21 year career can be ruined just like that. I am curious to hear how much better things will be without me there to be the fall guy and who will get the blame now.

I’m a Food TL in a HV store with a extremely space constrained backroom and an Offsite we share with another store.

We take doubles trucks around 4600 daily through Q4 and have been receiving around 1000 hours less per week than a NORMAL week of payroll.

My food team is getting to a point with push and b/s that we are truly almost end-to-end and with the modernization of price change, plano, and signing will be 100% e2e by Q2 of 2019.

How are your stores dealing with the freight flow under Stores Mod?

Who do you hold accountable for PP1 push for non e2e departments i.e. STAT, CHEM, PAPR, PLUG??

Are e2e teams in Stores Mod districts getting payroll from the Adjacency Calendar for POG resets and major revisions?

Does ETL-HR really change to HR Consultant??

Do e2e teams have smaller teams within them that execute tasks like price change and plano, or are all TMs in an department expected to be cross trained experts?

Do Learning Plans on Workbench support the Stores Mod changes?

-A Concerned SoCal based Food TL

We have been end to end for over year now (test store) no small teams within team to do price changes or set POGS no training they say they are giving you hours to get it done but you never see them.so people with out any experience or training are doing price changes and planograms

ETL-HR becomes HR Leader.
SrTL-HR becomes Sr. HR Lead (which is the only Sr. Lead position left).
HRTL becomes HR Lead.
HRTM becomes HR expert.

No one is taking a demotion.

there are some learning plans, but your best resources are going to be the learning plans from before the pilot because those are far more fleshed out and will better explain.

Where do you work, now?
Home depot and petco. And I have no stress. All I do at petco is cashier, feed dogs treats and shove the rewards card (it only gives you coupons and points towards coupons) on people who are too stupid to understand that all the sales require the card and everything is expensive without the card. But this is one of the few metrics they track so ew, everyone gets a card for the transaction.

At home depot its OPU. Yes idiots want lumber and want it in their truck. They get explained why that isnt possible. Its like listening to Alexandria Ocasio Cortez explaining how the government works. So happiness to drown out the crazy. Off on my first thanksgiving in 4 years. Long day tommorrow.

Target just doesn't have the cash to fuel these changes. Brian cannot take a hit to profits this Q4 or the stockholders will lose confidence in the company and the changes he is making, so he has to cut everything to make it look like we are "modernizing" and getting immediate results from it.
Walmart still does their offload and stock during the overnight. want to see an walmart stocking try 1 am for a 24 hr one.

^ This. 100%. If you can’t make sales, make cuts, but you can’t maintain the illusion long term.🙄
This is the year it fails, fails hard and finally spot understands that the choice is $15 hr or end to end. By this time 2019, all the teams will be back. Truck will remain the way it is. But the teams will return.

Then do what I did. Bite the bullet and leave. Use the 401 k ti live on while job hunting. Do your resume and put the focus on what you did for target. Other companies know Target has serious problems and will want you. Stop fighting the stress.

Simply go and say 'if you truly think I'm your problem then I'll solve it." Don't let them fire you and don't use unemployment. If you have been there for a decade you must have a 401k, use that. Do a disbursement now. Then go.

ETL-HR becomes HR Leader.
SrTL-HR becomes Sr. HR Lead (which is the only Sr. Lead position left).
HRTL becomes HR Lead.
HRTM becomes HR expert.

No one is taking a demotion.

there are some learning plans, but your best resources are going to be the learning plans from before the pilot because those are far more fleshed out and will better explain.
YET

I’m a Food TL in a HV store with a extremely space constrained backroom and an Offsite we share with another store.

We take doubles trucks around 4600 daily through Q4 and have been receiving around 1000 hours less per week than a NORMAL week of payroll.

My food team is getting to a point with push and b/s that we are truly almost end-to-end and with the modernization of price change, plano, and signing will be 100% e2e by Q2 of 2019.

How are your stores dealing with the freight flow under Stores Mod?

Who do you hold accountable for PP1 push for non e2e departments i.e. STAT, CHEM, PAPR, PLUG??

Are e2e teams in Stores Mod districts getting payroll from the Adjacency Calendar for POG resets and major revisions?

Do e2e teams have smaller teams within them that execute tasks like price change and plano, or are all TMs in an department expected to be cross trained experts?

-A Concerned SoCal based Food TL
I don't think you will get 100% e2e by Q2 of 2019 because by then I think E2E will be revealed to be the reason they are losing money. Its like Target Canada, the pullout will be slow but it will happen. Either that or a crap load of people will fired at one. But firing only works so much. Then you realize the process is broken.

I just was termed after 21 years as a Team Lead...started to get coachings when the new processes rolled out. I tried hard to do my best but everytime I thought my team and I were getting on the right track the ETL would find something else being done "wrong" and I would get another coaching. They wanted me gone no matter what it took. After 21 years and right at the holidays this is how SPOT thanks me? There was a lot of favoritism at my store...no HR ETL for almost a year now so no one to go to other than the ETL or the STL who I'm sure was behind a lot of these coachings. I'm glad to finally be away from the stress and the constant humiliation of being treated like complete s*** in front of my team. But I am also hurt to think that after investing this much time into a company it ended this way.
This! I can sooo relate!!! Never had I ever gotten a CCA in 20 years then this past year I all of a sudden became "stupid" and didn't know s***. I was being ostracized from my own department while the ETL and her "favorite" VM got all the recognition when things went well and when things didn't, it was on me. I applied for unemployment and am waiting to hear back. Never did I think it would come to this... I loved my job and I loved my team. All it takes is a bad STL and an ETL that from the beginning decides they don't like you and a 21 year career can be ruined just like that. I am curious to hear how much better things will be without me there to be the fall guy and who will get the blame now.
I'm so sorry to hear this, it's heartbreaking. I am also completely and utterly hurt by this and can't believe what I invested to have it all go down like this. I often wonder who will be the next scapegoat and feel sorry for the next "everything is your fault person" once I'm not there to blame an

Oof so I’m guessing @SLtl21 has a head of gray hair and his/her STL was some millennial cunt straight outta liberal arts college...this unfortunate story has apparently been playing out at many stores all across the country. Gross. The more I read shit like this the more I realize how stupidly lucky I got with the team at my store...granted we could be doing a lot better but by some miracle we don’t have any serious Koolaid junkies on our leadership team...YET. But this makes me paranoid that someday we will get one and then it’ll be all over but the cryin’

Back