MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure if it’s been said yet, but 4/22 is when Team Members start to be told about the new op model via 2x daily huddles.

Talking points: reset of expectations of the entire team - 3 core teams. Specialty sales, made of style, vm, electronics, and beauty. Service and engagement, consists of Starbucks, OPU, drive up, checklanes, service desk, parking lot, and carts. No freight no pushing. General merchandise and food, consists of general merchandise, food, and fulfillment. Specialty team assists with large transitions. Lastly, closing team. Drives consistency in closing routines. No more lod, the team as a whole answers questions and helps each other. Cultural shift etc etc. Announce that there will be 1:1s with every TM about the changes.

Bolded things are my emphasis, thought these were of interest.

Guest Advocate is still a pilot. it is currently only being piloted in two districts. only stores in those two districts will no longer have GSAs.
That’s not true. The entire rollout starts April 1st with guest advocates in every store. Again it WAS a pilot like everything else and now it’s not

That’s not true. The entire rollout starts April 1st with guest advocates in every store. Again it WAS a pilot like everything else and now it’s not
It’s weird cause they haven’t mentioned anything like that for my store yet and I still have GSTL - GSA shifts into the first 2 weeks of April 😞 our ETLs haven’t had their op model meeting yet so that might be why but i do wish they would say something to us so we can start mentally preparing lol

With the role of a TL becoming supervisory and not task oriented, this could work. Starbucks TL won’t need to spend time over there. They’ll need to make sure the team keeps up on routines and the orders etc and focus on food safety
Is is bad that as a GSTL for a long time now I’ve always been mostly delegating task and not really tasking much at all?

I have read an early mid and late mid. So maybe 10-6:30 and 12-8:30. Asants
What is it with these stupid midshifts for everyone TL to TM?! They don't care about grown ass adults who have a life, obviously a nd do not care that we HAVE to work two jobs to make ends meet due to modern day slave labour!

I want my raise NOW!

It’s weird cause they haven’t mentioned anything like that for my store yet and I still have GSTL - GSA shifts into the first 2 weeks of April 😞 our ETLs haven’t had their op model meeting yet so that might be why but i do wish they would say something to us so we can start mentally preparing lol
They can’t reveal by scheduling so they were told to schedule as normal until at least after April 1st. They have until summer to be fully onboard with scheduling including things like ETL and TL mid shifts and they have until September to have everything essentially perfect. Also like you said most etls haven’t even have the official rollout meeting yet.

This is definitely going to vary per store. Our consumables TL works 930-6, our new role meat, dairy, frozen TL will be doing 9-530, our produce TL is 8-430, and I am whatever I schedule myself besides my one late mid during the week and my closing weekend.
You must be a super target. These shifts are like suicide.

They can’t reveal by scheduling so they were told to schedule as normal until at least after April 1st. They have until summer to be fully onboard with scheduling including things like ETL and TL mid shifts and they have until September to have everything essentially perfect. Also like you said most etls haven’t even have the official rollout meeting yet.

i’m not in store at the moment so i can’t access Workbench but it definitely is a separate pilot from the rest of stores modernization. GSA isn’t going away chainwide until fall national.

Just took a look at the schedules that were just posted for week of 4/7. I noticed an X next to all my times. After some reading of an old thread on here, it means that we are scheduled for a different work center. Looked at my schedule some more and the first part of my shift is inbound (same as before) but the second part is under sales floor. I'm guessing that's when my store is starting to have us own a section
That's why I don't even give TWO FUCKS about this shit. All they do is sit behind a desk, make up plans that they NEVER tried themselves in a REAL STORE so the leadership is completely clueless and all they do is write people up when something goes "wrong" in their eyes. Even my FDC truckers see how bad this is becoming. When an outsider sees what we see, that tells me EVERYTHING!

this is a waste of my time so i’m gonna stop replying, i just feel like you really NEED to be right so i’m gonna let you have it
I’m not trying to argue I’m providing you with factual information and documentation to back it up. Not to sound douchy and pull rank but if your title is accurate I think as a senior TL id have access to a little more information than a GSA. Granted I know pilot stores get information specifically for their store so I’m sure you did have info that I did related to your pilot but we are no longer in a pilot and GSAs ARE going away chain wide

Not sure if it’s been said yet, but 4/22 is when Team Members start to be told about the new op model via 2x daily huddles.

Talking points: reset of expectations of the entire team - 3 core teams. Specialty sales, made of style, vm, electronics, and beauty. Service and engagement, consists of Starbucks, OPU, drive up, checklanes, service desk, parking lot, and carts. No freight no pushing. General merchandise and food, consists of general merchandise, food, and fulfillment. Specialty team assists with large transitions. Lastly, closing team. Drives consistency in closing routines. No more lod, the team as a whole answers questions and helps each other. Cultural shift etc etc. Announce that there will be 1:1s with every TM about the changes.

Bolded things are my emphasis, thought these were of interest.
I heard from a few stores we’re just going to roll a lot of it out while we’re delivering their reviews. More 1-1 stuff and general information during huddles

Makes sense :p thanks for clearing that up for me

Thanks for clearing up the schedule question I popped on here to ask, @gsa4lyfe.

Bear in mind I'm not objecting. It is what it is, and if it becomes unbearable I'll turn more attention to my side hustle and try to bolt. I am, however, curious about a few things, particularly Sbux, Cafe, and especially Electronics. If there's one cashier up there alone and the SCO starts going nuts while the SCO attendant/quasi GSA is back closing the boat (for example), guests will not be happy if they have to wait for a cashier to ring out someone's weekly shopping or room redo before someone checks their ID. Is there any info about this piece?

Thanks for clearing up the schedule question I popped on here to ask, @gsa4lyfe.

Bear in mind I'm not objecting. It is what it is, and if it becomes unbearable I'll turn more attention to my side hustle and try to bolt. I am, however, curious about a few things, particularly Sbux, Cafe, and especially Electronics. If there's one cashier up there alone and the SCO starts going nuts while the SCO attendant/quasi GSA is back closing the boat (for example), guests will not be happy if they have to wait for a cashier to ring out someone's weekly shopping or room redo before someone checks their ID. Is there any info about this piece?
Pull someone from the lanes to cover sco? They’ll all be trained in it so just to temporarily put someone there shouldn’t be too much of an issue.

Back