MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
But now they've been keeping terrible people PLUS giving them like 30 hours a week? I'm not saying I'm the most amazing TM ever, but I hear complaints about certain TMs, and they're getting more hours

ASANTS and all, but I overheard some leads talking about this while I was grabbing things in the back and they were doing their normal thing of pretending OPU doesn't exist--can't hear their private conversations a few days ago. The gist was that if they give the bad people a bunch of hours, they'll fail and can be performanced out quickly. It sounded like this idea was coming from my STL. The leads I overheard weren't enthusiastic about it.

Are any other retailers putting everyone on probation? Everyone?
This is ASANTS or possibly by district. Actual new TM 90 day probation isn’t going to be a thing, but with expectations of the team changing, if anything it would be more like after being trained on the new stuff, after that the expectation would be to have a pretty good grasp of it within 90 days. It’s not like it’s gonna be ‘oh you were 8 minutes late and it’s your 90 days so we can cut you loose bye’, or ‘oh you can’t change your availability because you’re under your 90 days’ etc.

I understand there being anxiety about the new op model but this rumor has devolved into full blown hysterics.

I was under the impression that all TLs are eligible for bonuses, not just the closing lead.
This is correct. TLs will be eligible for bonuses based on annual sales dollars above sales dollar goal, annual sales dollars above sales dollar goal more than 5%, and actual payroll hours less than payroll plan hours.

Why would you schedule poor performers 30 hours just to fail? That is just bad management. They should just be coached for not meeting expectations, documented and so forth. But hey it is Target after all. Why do anything that makes any sense?

Why would you schedule poor performers 30 hours just to fail? That is just bad management. They should just be coached for not meeting expectations, documented and so forth. But hey it is Target after all. Why do anything that makes any sense?
I can see how they would rationalize doing it.

It’s hard to performance out someone who works once a week. It’ll take months.

If they work 4-5 days a week, you can do it in a handful of weeks.

Not saying I think it’s a good idea.

This is correct. TLs will be eligible for bonuses based on annual sales dollars above sales dollar goal, annual sales dollars above sales dollar goal more than 5%, and actual payroll hours less than payroll plan hours.
Anyone know what size of money this bonus will be? Like $100 gj way to go maybe $25 Target gift card?

I can see how they would rationalize doing it.

It’s hard to performance out someone who works once a week. It’ll take months.

If they work 4-5 days a week, you can do it in a handful of weeks.

Not saying I think it’s a good idea.

Yeah, that's the gist of it from what I was overhearing. As I wrote the leads I heard talking about it, were not enthusiastic about the idea, but if that's what the STL does with the schedule, that's what he does. It's stupid, But, it's not even top 3 of the stupid shit my store is doing right now that makes my jobmore difficult.

Anyone know what size of money this bonus will be? Like $100 gj way to go maybe $25 Target gift card?
$500 for each of those criteria, $1500 total. Basically an average PG45 paycheck’s worth. Added to your paycheck at the end of the fiscal year. Also they are introducing awards, based on individual performance in the district. Details on this haven’t been finalized yet.

It's only a few TLs per district from what I can tell

For awards, not for bonuses. Bonuses are tied to store financial performance and payroll (it wasn’t made clear if that was store payroll, or workcenter payroll though)
Just went back and reread the pictures haha. I totally misread that you're right. I'm excited to find out more as it rolls out.

So based on the guide pretty sure my store is at least 2 over head count for TL. No one's been talked to yet and we have a meeting coming up. I thought highly impacted were gonna be talked to before hand yet no one's been talk to. Or does this happen the day of the meeting? Also when it says increased TL head count based on sales and attributes anyone know how this is broken up under base model and what does attributes mean?

Last edited:
Back