MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I cam across this video today. Did ETL-AP
So I was told to do the "ethics" training today, and noticed something, uh..........well I don't know what to call it. If it's the same everywhere, then you'll notice this half-rainbow/wifi-signal looking thing that shows the consequences of not following "the Code."

One of these bad things (among lawsuits, injuries, and being fired) was INCREASED PAYROLL
Where is the half rainbow half wifi thing at?

I haven't had my time off requests processed. I have several over the next 5 months all still listed as pending. The closest one is a few days around Easter that I put in about 3 weeks ago. There are some older requests for unpaid time off in June and July also showing as pending. Do you think this has to do with waiting for the new roll out or do I need to inquire directly with hr to find out why they haven't been worked?

If your in the wrong and your ideas are based on nothing, the only way to support them is to defend them using censorship and by pushing everyone out that does not simply agree with you.
I’m an ETL that just got fired because no hours to get modernization completed. Go back and zone are horrible and this will get worse. They are firing like crazy. Seasoned staff is first to get coached. They want a new staff that knows no better. Target is a sad place to work now. Be careful all

I’m sorry it is going that way. How long were you there? Did Brian use you as his henchman before letting you go? That was the pattern when I was a manager at a different store he was CEO at. Good luck on your job search and you can rest assure things will only get better for you now without this stress

I was in a mall store and very busy as well. I refused to be one of those stores that struggled with coverage and staffing lol
Exactly. I'm in an average volume super target but I still have 14 baristas. Most are part time and want to be but that definitely helps making the schedule when things come up. I hardly ever have to stress about coverage.. even when I have call ins.

Lol @ Target-style "ethics." The actual ethical thing for all of us to do would be to quit enabling unethical behavior in cowed silence and put it at the mercy of the Internet. I'm pretty sure that "training" was meant, in part, to give us pause about going public with our Modernization experiences.

Last edited:
Well that's nice. At my store anytime the weekend rolls around I would say about a quarter of our staff for the day calls out. And it's all young college kids.
People just like to call out on the weekends here regardless of position, status, or age. Especially if we just got paid. 🤷🏽‍♀️

For every TM complaining about not enough hours, I have just as many TMs that complain about getting too many hours
For every tl saying it's working at their store there are DOZENS saying it's not. Most stores will not work like this because the tl aren't willing to fight for it or stay working instead of deligating to get it in place. And the stl isn't giving shifts over 4.5hrs to just about anyone.

Case in point. This week I have two shifts at 8hrs each mon/tues. Plano then Plano/ signing. No hours are being given for ad prep but I'm expected to get it done. Even if I'm not the the days it gets delivered. 🙄
Next week I've got a full 40, two hours signing every day then Plano. Doesn't even make sense.

Back