MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Checked the schedule and it looks like our store is bumping inbound shifts up to 5 hours. Probably as by the time we finished the previous day's freight and get the truck unloaded our 4 hours was up and time to go home. Also, confirmed w HR in my store that pg35 are only being given part time hours yet require new hires to have full open availability.

How's everyone's roll out of modernization going so far since April 1st? Being in the pilot for awhile ours is doing well for the first time in awhile. It started getting better for me when I just started making decisions for my department instead of asking what THEY want or how THEY want it done. Still worried about BTS. Actually can say I've been enjoying my job for the first time in awhile. That comment actually scares me and I know at the drop of a dime it can change. Either way Death awaits in 4th quarter no matter what.
As of my shift yesterday, no one outside of the ETLs has been told anything about modernization. One of the salesfloor team leads told me that she thinks it's supposed to be implemented by June 1, but even that is speculation, and not based on anything from official sources. Apparently, our store's modernization plans are classified at the same level as the US nuclear launch codes.

As of my shift yesterday, no one outside of the ETLs has been told anything about modernization. One of the salesfloor team leads told me that she thinks it's supposed to be implemented by June 1, but even that is speculation, and not based on anything from official sources. Apparently, our store's modernization plans are classified at the same level as the US nuclear launch codes.

I was under the impression it was supposed to be implemented by mid-March. Then I was told April 1. Now I'm hearing June from you...and I'm wondering how far they think they can push this out...

I was under the impression it was supposed to be implemented by mid-March. Then I was told April 1. Now I'm hearing June from you...and I'm wondering how far they think they can push this out...
It wasn't even discussed with my ETL team until April 1, and they have told no one else about it. The GSTL (who is also a SrTL) hasn't been briefed, none of the other TLs that I know have been either. Everyone is working on speculation and rumor at this point.

Deadline has always been September since that’s what DTLs were told a month back when it was officially announced. April was the rollout not the due date. All stores have until September to be at head count and be fully modernized

yeahokay.png

they should retool corporate to get rid of all the tools there

They need to take this all back to the drawing board, that's obvious as hell for anyone not drowning on the cool-aid.

Honestly I feel like the current management is too close to the problem and cant look at it critically without bias and fix the problems. Stores have been testing this for practically, what, two years now? And in that time what has actually improved? Most of the time it just seems like things keep getting more stressful, chaotic, and running ever and ever closer to the edge of being nonviable. They dont seem to listen to criticism often, and even more rarely seem to act on it from what ive read on here and elsewhere. In the current culture this is never going to improve, the company needs to be more open and actually start having open communication between all levels of employees. Communication is the largest problem, most store level employees are afraid of giving honest feedback, management is told to hide and use sneaky tactics all the time in regards to information, and no one is ever on the same page and the communication is not happening to fix that.

Until that changes, this isnt likely to work.

When I asked certain questions during my one on one with the hr ETL, he was pretty weak on answers. Example: they did away with the signing tm job. I've been the go to person for years with ordering. When I asked who would do that now, he had no answer. He said it was implied bu corporate that someone would do it. Who? I'm not taking time from my area to order stuff for yours. Weak ideas, weak execution.

I don’t think any guidebook of
“DO 1-2-3” will work for all stores so stop wishing for one.
I believe that is why each store is being left to implement this the way they see fit to make it work for them. Basically: make the change from many “teams that do a process”
TO :
3 groups of workers that run their sections of the store :
1. front 2. floor 3.specialty sales
“Do that how you see fit “
It just sucks for the stores with the weak leadership that can’t find a way to make it work without a step by step instruction manual.

.. except it's not really "Modernized", because the actual Modernization includes the DC retooling. When that happens, our unloads are going to drastically change from where they are now.
Unloads right now are so 1970s , this is 2019 get with the program Spot. You are behind by about 40 years.

If I could get more then one 4 hour shift come January I'll consider modernization a success.
Is everyone in your store getting single 4 hour shifts?

I can’t help but think that, of course, the ones who’s hours gets slashed are going to be vocal about it. It’s like bad reviews of products or businesses, of course someone pissed about it is going to be way louder about it.

It’s not like they are cutting overall store payroll 90%. Which is what would be the case if everyone who said ‘we all got 40 hours a week and now everyone only gets 4’ was right.

Back