MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not trying to pay myself on the back. All I'm saying is that when I've been there for 4 years, I'm told that someone who just came in is referred to as an expert because of working at a store that had some similarities to the department, but my 4 years of experience doesn't count, and I'm an enthusiast? I'd rather not have either titles exist and I am not arguing the actual titles, I'm just irritated at the principle of it. What the titles mean, is that my 4 years mean jack shit. That is what bothers me.
Welcome to the reality of tech moving forward. 5 yrs of IT work making big bucks ended because suddenly you need a degree in computer science and the certifications start costing in the hundreds. 2 yrs of hotel gone when bank decides its a good idea to sell hotel to california guy who wants to renovate and goes bankrupt while its happening. Hotel demolished 1 yr later.

No, target doesn't value TM experience, sorry.

Welcome to the reality of tech moving forward. 5 yrs of IT work making big bucks ended because suddenly you need a degree in computer science and the certifications start costing in the hundreds. 2 yrs of hotel gone when bank decides its a good idea to sell hotel to california guy who wants to renovate and goes bankrupt while its happening. Hotel demolished 1 yr later.

No, target doesn't value TM experience, sorry.

I've realized that for awhile, but you can't fault me or someone else when shot that the company pulls makes me or others feel inferior or like their hard work doesn't matter. I know how retail works and I know how the world works, I've had a tough life. I have been parentless for a long while now, so when it comes to my job, the one thing that I have and can say that I've earned, yeah, it does bother me when I'm treated like I don't matter.

tip share! That is Widely unfair. The tips should go and only should go to the servers. Bussing a table doesn't merit me giving you a $ of the 5 I gave the server for their service. I hate places that do that. You want to work for tips work for tips. You want to work an hourly wage do that.

The company is fucking over its servers.

There are exactly 0 United States resturaunts that don't do this. And if you tip $5 you aren't even covering the taxes on that sale and should not be eating out.

You can also type in a cart. I always use shpar (idk why lol) and then type in shpar01 when I need to scan the item in.
I used my initials as my cart. It was great no one else with those initials
I like using SHPPP.

The truck that you'll receive tomorrow was loaded most likely 24 - 48 hrs ago (started) depending on inventory availability. The order most likely dropped Monday and was queued into the process to be picked for your store (Tues or Wednesday). I'd say it was most likely started somewhere around late Wed.
If you go on Workbench and search for "shipping dock status tool" you can see real time data on your trailer being filled (and every other trailer at every DC). It shows things like how many hours it's been open, how many cartons and PIPOs are currently on it, etc.

I'm in a pilot store and not one of our ETLs has mentioned a thing about the new modernization.
TMs have said that when the new schedule is posted this Friday that " the sh*t is going to hit the fan." I rather doubt that anything will be mentioned...all the changes will appear on the new schedule with absolutely no explanation.

I am not looking forward to the radical stuff that's going to be happening....it sounds like this modernization could be great, but I have little (no) faith with the leadership at my store.....I think we'll have a lot of TMs asking lots of questions and we'll have an STL & HR-ETL saying "don't worry, we'll figure things out."

First I've heard of this.

The whole box a minute stuff is not accurate either. At best, it is estimate of what could be possibly done if certain conditions are met. In other words it is a "wish". The reason I say this is due to all the variables that come with pushing freight.

I've tried to replicate several time in various situations and could never consistently hit the number. A lot of times your under, but by the time you clean up and take the residual over to your backstock cart, you've blown way past the box a minute expectations. That doesn't include clearing the floor or the occasional guest either. In reality, it's a poor standard to use and needs to be revised if it is going to be used.

That whole conversation is just bad form all together. If a team member recorded that kind of conversation and posted it on line, Spot would earn a black eye to match the red one.
Too many times I've walked away thinking, "Did I hear all that correctly?".....So yes, it was recorded.

Or we have to fix a mistake by returning the item and then reselling it to the guest. With certain items, this will automatically create a destroy ticket which will create shortage.
Wouldn’t that be the opposite of shortagesince there will be an extra product on the floor we weren’t expecting

it all starts Monday, we are getting 2 leaders for Market. 1 is the consumables TL and the electronics TL is moving to Market.
Im sure one will run dry and the other pfresh and when they are off will run both.
I just hope we get more TMs to push all of Market.
The overnight team is no longer now its a 4 AM start to 9:30 AM when they are out. Already 5 overnight TMs have quit.

As for 1 box per minute, Im in pfresh and do 1 Uboat in 30 minutes, some have 30 to 50 boxes on them. I also push produce and do 1 pallet every 30 minutes before 8 AM. I can do 3 pallets of produce plus bananas before the store opens, then get all the fresh meat done including the fast movers by 9 AM.

Last edited:
View attachment 5009
it all starts Monday, we are getting 2 leaders for Market. 1 is the consumables TL and the electronics TL is moving to Market.
Im sure one will run dry and the other pfresh and when they are off will run both.
I just hope we get more TMs to push all of Market.
The overnight team is no longer now its a 4 AM start to 9:30 AM when they are out. Already 5 overnight TMs have quit.

As for 1 box per minute, Im in pfresh and do 1 Uboat in 30 minutes, some have 30 to 50 boxes on them. I also push produce and do 1 pallet every 30 minutes before 8 AM. I can do 3 pallets of produce plus bananas before the store opens, then get all the fresh meat done including the fast movers by 9 AM.
20180331_105446.jpg

One hour 20 minutes; by myself beginning to end this morning. Thought I was gonna die. So you win qmosqueen.....I bow! ;)

Last edited:
The two of you sound like good candidates for Cart Training!

VWyRECL.gif

The two of you sound like good candidates for Cart Training!

VWyRECL.gif
Well isn't she a cutie-pie? I think my cutie-pie ship has sailed, but......I've volunteered for cart duty before. Once. I got cocky after I could get 7 to go where I wanted them to. I tried pushing 9 of them UP the sidewalk slop. The ones in the front curved around and tried to kill pedestrians/drivers. The end :confused:

what is your % of eachs in your br opposed to that of SF? the max is 23. what spot wants is 13. when we finished inventory we were 16 and got a compliment from apbp about how nice br was. He was in because of a string of idiots who keep stealing dysons and tide pods. Yes, I said tide pods.
Where did u get info if % of eaches Br VS SF. This is new info/ metric to me and I would like to dive in at my store? It sounds interesting

I think we'll have a lot of TMs asking lots of questions and we'll have an STL & HR-ETL saying "don't worry, we'll figure things out."
That's one thing I really hate. Communicate! Our STL is pretty decent about letting us know what is going on. We (the overnight team) have meetings periodically with him so he can update us on the status of the store and if we are continuing overnights or not. We've got one more year of overnights so far...but I think it will be the last.

Seven. And seven can be tricky. I was putting up eight in the store and a 5 year old darted in front the carts. I hit an end cap to miss him (mac and cheese no big issue). Mom says “Oh just let him get hit it’ll teach him a lesson.” (Tube tie candidate but I digress). Lil Buster doesn’t get hurt and I learn ‘damn some people are dense’.

Nothing is changing in myTime or the schedule. If you’re a cashier, you’ll be scheduled as a cashier and not as an Engagement Advocate. So even though not all of the roles match up completely, your store will be scheduling you in the role that is closest to what you’re actually doing.

Back