MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.

band_rules16

Former Wave Master
Back in June, our (whatever GE turned into) ETL told us there would be no more backups at the lanes. They'd schedule enough cashiers, they'd use the line buster thing, and they would shift people around up front (guest service, cafe, Starbucks, etc.) to cover any rushes. When I quit in August, backups were constant. The line buster never worked all summer. GS would complain because they'd get backed up as well. No backups?

A few from my old store still keep in touch and yesterday one was telling me about how GM never gets anything done. Still. They ignore the call boxes and backup requests from the front, and they still don't finish. I'm glad I got out before the holiday season. As much as I liked my TL, he kept piling more and more on but I'd have less time to do it in grocery. Sometimes shelves wouldn't get cleaned because I had no time, due to spending it at the lanes or answering questions in GM because they couldn't find anyone else.

It comes full circle. Sales floor gets nothing done, so there's empty shelves, which equals no sales. But they are also helping at the lanes so they can't stock the shelves they COULD get done. Front end can't help with anything - why stock Bullseye and candy if there's extra people and nothing to do? You're supposed to stay at your lane and not leave. Had I been a cashier as my work center during this garbage, I would have quit a long time ago. If they make sales floor backup cashier, then why can't the front end help stock things up there?

I'm glad to be out of this mess and I think I'll just be watching to see what happens. (And sending good vibes to you current TMs. Heaven knows I can't do it anymore.)

In the past, we generally were informed of an added GM truck at least 48 hours in advance. Has this changed? The inbound team at our store found out about 8 o'clock this morning that there in an added truck tomorrow at 6am and that they are all expected to be there. Is this something that is part of the "new normal" at Target?

InboundGrunt

Spotbound and Down
It happens. I've been clocking out for the day before only to be asked if I'd be willing to come in early tomorrow for a "surprise" double. 🤣

Black Sheep 214

Kiss no butts, give no fox
Whether or not people would stay late or come in on their days off generally depended on how happy they were with their jobs, which often came down to how the ETL was treating them. When we had an ETL that treated everyone like human beings, people were willing to stay later or add days. When ETL-She Who Must be Obeyed showed up and treated everyone like crap, suddenly no one needed extra hours anymore, particularly if they knew she was working that day...

Whether or not people would stay late or come in on their days off generally depended on how happy they were with their jobs, which often came down to how the ETL was treating them. When we had an ETL that treated everyone like human beings, people were willing to stay later or add days. When ETL-She Who Must be Obeyed showed up and treated everyone like crap, suddenly no one needed extra hours anymore, particularly if they knew she was working that day...
Yes!

I have one SETL who is so two faced and stirs up trouble that I just love ignoring her texts to come in.

starfishncoffee

Schrodinger's TM
This year, it gives me an excuse to dodge both of my brothers, so I volunteered to work. I live in my hometown, which means I'll be able to see my mother at some point that weekend. My family (as in spouse/kids) and I will have lunch before I go in.

I asked to NOT work Christmas Eve after being closing GSA the past two years. (I know there are no more GSAs, but I don't want to be closing SCO/GS/anything else that night, either.) We shall see.

happygoth

reshop till I drop
Back in the day at my other company we had district folks stop by on Black Friday. I'm guessing they kind of had to, probably getting pressure from above just like the rest of us.

RedMallet

Signing Serf and backroom maid
Back in the day at my other company we had district folks stop by on Black Friday. I'm guessing they kind of had to, probably getting pressure from above just like the rest of us.
Lets see 'em at a register for eight hours on, eight off, eight on again and then I'll feel like they ain't just making a token attempt to look like they 'worked'

Lol they don’t have to work... Those higher ups probably went to school and got degrees to ensure they don’t have to work min wage jobs. It’s still a nice gesture to have someone come in and help out. Or maybe they’re like a bunch of DTL’s I’ve known who understands what it feels like because they’ve worked at the bottom before so they’ll roll up their sleeves and help get carts when they’re low because it’s the right thing to do.

Log

In the past, we generally were informed of an added GM truck at least 48 hours in advance. Has this changed? The inbound team at our store found out about 8 o'clock this morning that there in an added truck tomorrow at 6am and that they are all expected to be there. Is this something that is part of the "new normal" at Target?
It's just another Target ineffeciney. No extra payroll when it happens (hopefully that's changed) and just sets stores behind especially if you can't get enough people in. Surprise!