MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It happens. I've been clocking out for the day before only to be asked if I'd be willing to come in early tomorrow for a "surprise" double. 🤣

Whether or not people would stay late or come in on their days off generally depended on how happy they were with their jobs, which often came down to how the ETL was treating them. When we had an ETL that treated everyone like human beings, people were willing to stay later or add days. When ETL-She Who Must be Obeyed showed up and treated everyone like crap, suddenly no one needed extra hours anymore, particularly if they knew she was working that day...

Whether or not people would stay late or come in on their days off generally depended on how happy they were with their jobs, which often came down to how the ETL was treating them. When we had an ETL that treated everyone like human beings, people were willing to stay later or add days. When ETL-She Who Must be Obeyed showed up and treated everyone like crap, suddenly no one needed extra hours anymore, particularly if they knew she was working that day...
Yes!

I have one SETL who is so two faced and stirs up trouble that I just love ignoring her texts to come in.

This year, it gives me an excuse to dodge both of my brothers, so I volunteered to work. I live in my hometown, which means I'll be able to see my mother at some point that weekend. My family (as in spouse/kids) and I will have lunch before I go in.

I asked to NOT work Christmas Eve after being closing GSA the past two years. (I know there are no more GSAs, but I don't want to be closing SCO/GS/anything else that night, either.) We shall see.

Back in the day at my other company we had district folks stop by on Black Friday. I'm guessing they kind of had to, probably getting pressure from above just like the rest of us.

Back in the day at my other company we had district folks stop by on Black Friday. I'm guessing they kind of had to, probably getting pressure from above just like the rest of us.

Lets see 'em at a register for eight hours on, eight off, eight on again and then I'll feel like they ain't just making a token attempt to look like they 'worked'

Lol they don’t have to work... Those higher ups probably went to school and got degrees to ensure they don’t have to work min wage jobs. It’s still a nice gesture to have someone come in and help out. Or maybe they’re like a bunch of DTL’s I’ve known who understands what it feels like because they’ve worked at the bottom before so they’ll roll up their sleeves and help get carts when they’re low because it’s the right thing to do.

In the past, we generally were informed of an added GM truck at least 48 hours in advance. Has this changed? The inbound team at our store found out about 8 o'clock this morning that there in an added truck tomorrow at 6am and that they are all expected to be there. Is this something that is part of the "new normal" at Target?
It's just another Target ineffeciney. No extra payroll when it happens (hopefully that's changed) and just sets stores behind especially if you can't get enough people in. Surprise!

Couldn't load my sweep today because of modernization. Got an extra truck for Wed unload that came before we could get pallets off today's truck. So much trim a home this week. 2 day and toys hasn't started coming yet.

Nope! That is in no way a rule or law except I think in 1 or 2 states. Granted, as far as I know they try to be fair with it for the most part. I've talked to my leads to get my schedule changed if there was less than 8 hours between my shifts, and they've agreed, but they dont have to grant that request.
It used to be the rule and if you did not have 8 hours between shifts you got paid overtime. At my present job our union contracts states that we must have either 9 or 10 hours between shifts or you get paid overtime. I think my boss has worked a few shifts without minimum number hours between each, but only because we were understaffed and under budget on payroll.

the things you see on Tragets facebook "Community" page

Screen-Shot-2019-11-20-at-4-27-40-PM.png

Back