MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
This is probably the worst ive seen payroll in my 6 years with spot... Its getting crazy. We went from 9 sorters scheduled 7 hours to 6 (4 GM/ 2 style) scheduled 6 hours, DBOs only getting 6-7 if theyre lucky. DBOs are supposed to be doing zone/data fix/ 1-1s (which can be very large for commodities/food areas) truck, pricing, workload.... Targets expectatations vs reality is wayyyy off base. This whole process may work in lower volume stores, but as a high volume store with the hours were getting right now its not adding up. Were also a pretty solid store operationally, not many bad apples.. Were just not getting enough hours/people to finish anything. Ive basically become a sorter majority of my shifts now as a TL and cant get anything else done.

Antennae

BROPU
Lol the only time I've ever been apart of a "status" thing is once a quarter if I'm late to ask if anything is wrong outside the workplace. Why yes, you asking seven weeks after I was six minutes late once is going to totally affect anything.

If anything, "statusing" at my store is for TLs and ETLs to shoot the shit for 20 minutes.

This is probably the worst ive seen payroll in my 6 years with spot... Its getting crazy. We went from 9 sorters scheduled 7 hours to 6 (4 GM/ 2 style) scheduled 6 hours, DBOs only getting 6-7 if theyre lucky. DBOs are supposed to be doing zone/data fix/ 1-1s (which can be very large for commodities/food areas) truck, pricing, workload.... Targets expectatations vs reality is wayyyy off base. This whole process may work in lower volume stores, but as a high volume store with the hours were getting right now its not adding up. Were also a pretty solid store operationally, not many bad apples.. Were just not getting enough hours/people to finish anything. Ive basically become a sorter majority of my shifts now as a TL and cant get anything else done.
Not accepting this data fix bullcrap. Target needs to fix this at the corporate level. It's completely inefficient to ask 2000+ stores to fix a sock capacity that says 1282 can fit here. The capacities should be verified before they are sent to the store, not after.

I do let the corresponding TL'S know; unfortunately, they don't take it very seriously.
You can’t really be blamed for that then. You can’t performance someone not in your work center 🤷🏾‍♀️ Not sure about you but myself and the other SETL have to write weekly emails to all the leads, I’d put that info in there and print it out sling with any replies. Paper trail.

Can we not just go back to $11 an hour and give us more hours to actually run a business? $15 an hour sounds great and all but did people really think theyd be keeping their 40 hours a week?!

My ehr is going around telling team members that Target is getting rid of closers, I hope that isn’t true.
I can see Spot doing this and just having closing duties incorporated into DBO routines and just having everything pushed later. In their eyes it would be them freeing up roughly what 15-21 hrs GM and 20+ SL? at least like 50 hrs a day. Im not agreeing with it, it would already add to the megawork load but this is how they would view it.

I really think they should start TM at $13-14 and then have an end of probation evaluation at 60 extendable to no more than 90 days and either cut them or make them regular and increase salary to $15. A decent tm at 90 days can do 85%+ of the job of a longer term team member. A new team member is doing less than 50% of an experienced team member and if their attendance is crappy even less. There has to be some incentive to do the hard work involved.

Was actually excited for the new schedule. When it went up I had about 20 hours on it. Now? 12. Still more than I've had in ages but jesus h. christ could they not get my hopes up like that?

I wonder what happened to the hours budget.

March is worse than February this year. I’m at a ULV and we average 2100/week (up to 3400/week thanksgiving to Christmas). March is mostly 1800/weeks but one week we drop down to 1700/week. With 10 TLs that will take about 380 hours we’ll have about 1300 hours left for about 82 TMs. It’s going to suck worse before it gets less terrible. BTS will be fun this year.