MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Your TMs are so lucky. I'm also a former brand TM turned A&A learning mentor and I get chaos schedules and 12 hours a week, consistently less than all the people I'm training.
I got cut from 40 to 25 with crazy times ("to meet the needs of the business") At this point I'm just building my 401k until it's too ridiculous. It would be nice if sometimes they would "meet the needs" of the tm.

My "former" Brand TMs are still in A&A...there's 3 of them, but their "titles" didn't transfer w/ E2E. Once Modernization was introduced, the entire Team was treated equally, sharing ALL facets of the department. I still rely on the former BTMs to be our Learning Mentors for new hires. They are still the backbone of the department. I feel strongly that their pay should reflect that. So, until the "equal pay" fiasco flatlines..... all I an do is offer the former BTMs a "routine" schedule and 40 hours. It's the best perk/respect I can give them.

Speaking as a former SLBTM, they will respect that. They know your hands are tied.

ASANTS on this most likely, but I just got promoted to a general merchandise lead, who will be overseeing the truck, backroom, and SFS processes, where our other general merchandise lead is handling hardlines processes, pricing, presentation, and instocks for the gm area
You got the hose. Seriously. You are effectively the Flow TL and other person is the hardlines TL. When flow vanishes so do your responsibilities other than cleaning the BR and packing on days there are short.

You got the hose. Seriously. You are effectively the Flow TL and other person is the hardlines TL. When flow vanishes so do your responsibilities other than cleaning the BR and packing on days there are short.

How so? Truck will still be pushed, just by a different group of people who will now have even more tasks on their plate. Plus Back to College/School is just around the corner. Good luck to all the stores as they try to figure everything out.....

1d93b351-8fa3-4218-b3f4-24763cd9a749-jpeg.4952

This is the low volume model, which is what stores under 27M will be using. There are quite a few stores under 27M that are not ULV that will be using this. The only thing I see missing here is a Food Lead, which would adjust the lead count to 11. Another thing that stands out is there will be two GSTLs (ancient lingo) instead of one. Although stores of this volume will lose one ETL (I'm not taking HR into consideration), they will gain 3 TLs. As far as the 1 leader, in low volume models, several of the Leads report directly to the Store Director.

Does anyone from the pilot store districts have Leader and Lead headcount charts for higher volume stores? Feel free to DM if you don't want to post to the forum. Just curious!

Does anyone from the pilot store districts have Leader and Lead headcount charts for higher volume stores? Feel free to DM if you don't want to post to the forum. Just curious!
actually dont go based off that, i have seen a few stores that are the same OP model but their counts change. Some swap HR Leader/Lead same as AP, and others have a "Determination Leader" i forget what it was but it was the first time i ever heard of it and it started with D.

How so? Truck will still be pushed, just by a different group of people who will now have even more tasks on their plate. Plus Back to College/School is just around the corner. Good luck to all the stores as they try to figure everything out.....
in Our store the GM's all own a pair of blocks, they and responsible for all processes for their block. Nobody souly owns the truck unload or SFS or flex, they share it and oversee it together since there is always atleast 2 of them here each day. However the GM who was POGTL does chime in from time to time to help the other GM's plan and manage, the Previous BRTL does the same. Its actually less stress because you arent ramed with too much of a single process.

The original plan in my store was for each GM lead to own a half of the sales floor area, but being a ULV store, the number of people there daily didnt make much sense to split it, so we went back to owning processes. Flow and backroom at my store have pretty much been kept that way, whereas the former sales floor, presentation and pricing team has become the everyman

in Our store the GM's all own a pair of blocks, they and responsible for all processes for their block. Nobody souly owns the truck unload or SFS or flex, they share it and oversee it together since there is always atleast 2 of them here each day. However the GM who was POGTL does chime in from time to time to help the other GM's plan and manage, the Previous BRTL does the same. Its actually less stress because you arent ramed with too much of a single process.

We still have one GM lead running logistics even though everyone pinky promise swears that we don’t have logistics teams anymore....

So is anyone else having a lot of success with the new selling culture? I have noticed as the weeks go by and by as I try to engage more and more guests, no matter what type of open ended questions I use, the guest answer is still mostly "Just Looking."
When this rolled out, I imagined that sooner or later guests would wise to this car salesmanship in sheep's clothing, and I'm wondering if it's happening already or if I'm just really that bad at this.

As long as my STL is still saying "Leader" and "Team"...... I am following suit. She's no slouch, either....... she's highly competitive and wants her store to be the "first" to achieve (fill in the _______ ). When she changes her terminology, I will as well.

There are two TLs. trucks fails will never be blamed on the other. BR issues and other problems won't be blamed on the other. Inversely, SF won't be blamed on you. See my point.

We weren't really given different charts. Base model is sales at 27-72 million. Leaders 3-5
leads 8-19

They won’t post for some reason since the “files are too large” but you can find org charts for any store in the company on workbench if you just search Txxxx org chart. You just need to know what stores are modernizing. I used a couple from my group.... 2822 and 2188. One is a super and ones high volume

Softlines is struggling in our store. Flow TMs have just given up taking breaks so they can meet deadlines. Anyone who is coming clean for softlines, message me.

Back