MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If you want to update your backroom due to your errors , the best way is to locu with the pda . After you locu don’t restow the items with the locu function , exit the function and use sto. That’s the accurate way. Audit is not yet on zebra and in fact since we switched to zebra is where our backroom accuracy when to shit( scuse my French)
P.S you should tell all your team members not to use m-deletes instead update the location.

If you have terrible leadership, sure. Not everyone takes breaks at my store, and no one is punished for it (as in, no one is getting compared to those who don't take breaks because they aren't working "fast enough" or aren't "dedicated enough"). Everyone who skipped breaks didn't get DEO for it and everyone who took them didn't get ION.

You're not really screwing yourself over either. Yeah, you're not getting paid for working those 15/30 minutes.. but we're not getting paid to come on here and talk about work either, yet we do it anyway. If I can learn a thing or two from here that helps me do my job, awesome. If I can spend an extra 15/30 minutes cleaning things up so that everything isn't a mess the next day, awesome.

Clearly, things not working out isn't going to push corporate to grant us more hours. Saying, "Well, not my problem," as the entire store becomes a mess is going to hurt you and your fellow TMs even more than skipping a break or two -- especially when it's entirely up to you whether you want to do it or not.
If you skip 30 minutes of break per shift, 5 shifts a week, 52 weeks a year, you give spot 130 free hours of labor. At $12 hour and guessing 25% taxes, that’s about $1,200 a year per TM. You’ve successfully given that much money BACK to a multi-billion dollar corporation AND given them the impression you did take your breaks, so they think you’re getting more done with less. You’re wrong and if you think it doesn’t hurt to skip your breaks you’re short sighted and not being smart. Take your breaks people. I tell people I train to never skip their breaks. Ever.

No , it is not if it’s properly used. Yet I had issues with team members not putting everything in location , therefore I don’t allow them to restow with locu fiction. I bet if we all pull the reports and look where the most errors are it would be locu

Is this a thing? Now we can no longer have tubs for backstock. Everything including trash and backstock must be on a flat because 1 vehicle only on the floor at a time. FML.

Is this a thing? Now we can no longer have tubs for backstock. Everything including trash and backstock must be on a flat because 1 vehicle only on the floor at a time. FML.
We’ve been getting rid of tubs and trash cages because we’re only to use u boats as much as possible

1 vehicle per person on the floor. Each vehicle is to have a designated spot for backstock, cardboard, and trash. We got pictures.
At least you guys have a flat or a tub, try using a uboat for all that nonsense. It is nice to see flow and hopefully the rest of the salesfloor experience the silliness of this one cart/tub/uboat that consumables has being doing for almost two years now. Nothing is better than having to deal with zillions of LaCroix box liners and boxes that contained the gallon jugs of water in them in all their various forms, but yet we are not allowed to use a cage

Last edited:
We’ve been getting rid of tubs and trash cages because we’re only to use u boats as much as possible
We got rid of cages 18 months ago because TMs wouldnt listen to ETL-LOG telling them to empty them. Yes, we were told its 1 vehicle per TM. Is it enforced? You know the answer.

Nope, the ones the guests use.

It seems this new directive doesn't apply to my store.
TMs always use Baskets when they are left around. here is a better solution. If you are in an area where they're a lot of shops and you have homeless abandon baskets in your lot. Use them. Solves problem. ;)

I mean, I do get it. Everything works out at my store, and I'm sure we aren't the Target store equivalent of a unicorn.

Seems sound to me, and nope. Not even close.
What exactly is 'the Target store equivalent of a unicorn' and can it sing, because if it can, I am guessing its 'rainbow' by Sia.

Meanwhile, a good number of TMs take longer breaks, giving corporate the idea that we do less with more. It likely balances out in the end (more than likely, most people take longer breaks than not taking breaks at all, so it's definitely skewed more in that direction than anything).

Again, I don't think it really matters in the long run. I don't think corporate really cares much beyond sales figures and attempting to increase them with the bare minimum with effort/investment. That's how every company operates.

As far as losing out on $1,200/year with the free labor -- don't care. Anyone who actually cares about money that much isn't going to be working an entry-level part-time job in retail in the first place. As a TM, Target is a stepping stone, not a career.
That's how every company operates. Umm, no. The very fact you said its a stepping stone shows you don't know corporate business. You just assume because thats what the buds said.

I've worked with at least five major companies, in 3 and a hotel. You think that you don't have to take the break and that it will get more things done. You are correct. However, you are cheating yourself. Because, you as a person need to rest.
As for the company you are giving free labor. And yes spot and others do care beyond sales or other things wouldnt exist. The problem is unrealistic expectations.

Me, I do myself. Some days I don't take breaks. Some I do. So I feel you.

The only thing we can’t use at my store is hand baskets but that’s only enforced when the STL is there lol as are all the other BS rules

Lol if my store got rid of shopping carts for flow team idk how we would function. Today and Monday we had 30+ carts of repacks on the floor that were there well into the afternoon. And that is with all of our HBA repacks in 3 tiers and softlines repacks on Zs. We also typically have no other vehicles free until the afternoon.

Back