MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Looks like we're averaging 225 to 250 hrs/wk in Style but I'm told we're getting 30-40 extra hours that we're not supposed to have. So other work centers are sacrificing so we can have more than our share.

We had the group bosses in our store for a couple of weeks and they told my STL that, in order to operate correctly, A+A needs 800 hours. We average about 650.

So, hardlines & the front end are getting the shaft.

Double truck today and the next 5 or 6 Wednesday’s minus 4th of July. Fuck flow pushing till 1 pm.

We’re critically understaffed in hardlines ATM, but super freaky tier for back to school. Usually have to dedicate as many TMs to keeping it neat as we have in the entire workcenter right now. These next few weeks are gonna be great!

Looks like we're averaging 225 to 250 hrs/wk in Style but I'm told we're getting 30-40 extra hours that we're not supposed to have. So other work centers are sacrificing so we can have more than our share. Also been told no one is working to their potential and should be written up to improve their performance, but be careful how I talk to the team so I don't hurt their feelings. OK, not a problem. Last time I tried to encourage a couple team members by explaining the expectations set by our fearless Leader I was spoken to that I was stressing the team members by expecting too much from them. It may be time to explore other opportunities. It's not worth the stress every day.

I don't think YOU are the issue, or they way YOU phrase things. Sounds like your "boss" is talking out both sides of their mouth !!!! Maybe you should ask your "fearless Leader" for suggestions on what they would say to the Team to drive efficiency and performance. Maybe even suggest a brief Team huddle w/ your "fearless Leader" as the guest-speaker ! Stroke their ego w/ talk of "The Team respects your Leadership.... they love your input....they want to make you proud..." Make your "Boss" feel like your Team can't live without them ! THEN...... Put them on the spot to deliver the message to the Team about speed and efficiency. Put their "Leadership" to the test !

To all Food Service Leads, how has your role changed since the roll out? Are lump together with the other Food & Beverage Leads in your store? Are you expected to be more global like other Food & Beverage Leads? Or are you still on your own little Island like before the change?

Despite the expectations of Food & Beverage Leads being expected to take charge and be more global over the entire Food Departments. Every Lead kinda still stick to their individual departments (Meat/Frozen, Dairy, Deli/Bakey, Produce, and Market (Dry Grocery)).

For me, we only have Starbucks (formally just a Starbucks Team Lead) and usually its just myself and one other barista. Makes it hard for me to step away because we are a high volume store. Expectations weren't really clear. Since the role out my role and my team members haven't really felt like it changed much. We are still in our own bubble.

So to boil it down again. Are Food Service Leads suppose to be global like the Food & Beverage Leads ?

We’re critically understaffed in hardlines ATM, but super freaky tier for back to school. Usually have to dedicate as many TMs to keeping it neat as we have in the entire workcenter right now. These next few weeks are gonna be great!

I feel so bad for the stores that are high-tier for BTS

On the bright side, at a certain point, you just run out of things and don't really have much to zone. Whole aisles with only a few things in them. And leaders from across the district have to come and provide free labor.

To all Food Service Leads, how has your role changed since the roll out? Are lump together with the other Food & Beverage Leads in your store? Are you expected to be more global like other Food & Beverage Leads? Or are you still on your own little Island like before the change?

Despite the expectations of Food & Beverage Leads being expected to take charge and be more global over the entire Food Departments. Every Lead kinda still stick to their individual departments (Meat/Frozen, Dairy, Deli/Bakey, Produce, and Market (Dry Grocery)).

For me, we only have Starbucks (formally just a Starbucks Team Lead) and usually its just myself and one other barista. Makes it hard for me to step away because we are a high volume store. Expectations weren't really clear. Since the role out my role and my team members haven't really felt like it changed much. We are still in our own bubble.

So to boil it down again. Are Food Service Leads suppose to be global like the Food & Beverage Leads ?

I have not been on here much lately but don't remember seeing this anywhere. It might just be my district although we have been doing the new modernization pilot so I'm not sure whats going on. To start out we did get a new DTL last week which is good. Our new DTL wants us to start a new process that works at some other stores in our district (yes we are not getting everything done). One familiar change is instead of one or two people being stuck in an area for hours stocking we essentially are going back to the wave as far as everyone stocking one area then moving on to next. Now the part that I do not get is the truck is going to unload with only 5 people now and repacks are to be sorted in back. The truck process may take a while but I suppose we will be told more soon. I do not have any more info yet but is anyone else doing something similar to this?

Not sure why but my store USED to be 1 SBUX 1 Market TL..then they axed the Market TL position and rolled it into general HL/SL for a year i guess? Nobody was ever really "in charge" except me as a PA. Then they made the SBUX TL in charge of Market for about a year so they were doing both and now we are back to 1TL for each area. Doing JUST Sbucks compared to the insanity that is the other TL positions must be nice if you like doing the starbucks work

We had the group bosses in our store for a couple of weeks and they told my STL that, in order to operate correctly, A+A needs 800 hours. We average about 650.

So, hardlines & the front end are getting the shaft.

So when the whole modernization comes to HL next year, where are they going to get payroll from? As it is now, there are many days when we don't get a second person until 11am. By then the beauty, electronics, and first HL needs breaks ... yet they expect that one person to be a "sales expert" at everything we sell

Who does ad set-up with modernization? Is there still a special team or do the dept's do their own?
In the 10 years I've worked at Target my store has never had a special team for ad. There's always one person that works in softlines, one that works in electronics (also does toys and seasonal), now a beauty person does beauty or all of hba/pets/chemicals, market finally does their own, and then some random person to do the rest.

I have not been on here much lately but don't remember seeing this anywhere. It might just be my district although we have been doing the new modernization pilot so I'm not sure whats going on. To start out we did get a new DTL last week which is good. Our new DTL wants us to start a new process that works at some other stores in our district (yes we are not getting everything done). One familiar change is instead of one or two people being stuck in an area for hours stocking we essentially are going back to the wave as far as everyone stocking one area then moving on to next. Now the part that I do not get is the truck is going to unload with only 5 people now and repacks are to be sorted in back. The truck process may take a while but I suppose we will be told more soon. I do not have any more info yet but is anyone else doing something similar to this?
In my district, we will be doing truck push during day, starting in July.

I just heard more ridiculousness. With the changes happening in July, some team members are being scheduled to push truck in the middle of the day for 4 hours. They are also supposed to work the pulls, back stock, scan outs, do the audit, help guests, answer the phone (softlines doesn’t do it anymore, random hardlines team members do) and respond to back up.

Wtf.

I also heard that all the pressure to get things done made one of our newer team members breakdown and cry last week.

Back