MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
How does everyone feel about the front lanes? I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I like the wider aisles, but the workspace inside is a little claustrophobic imo. We also now have a few TMs who aren't happy about being relegated to SCO because their medical equipment won't fit.

I myself have medical equipment, but I don't need it to be with me when I ring, so I'm OK there.

How does everyone feel about the front lanes? I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, I like the wider aisles, but the workspace inside is a little claustrophobic imo. We also now have a few TMs who aren't happy about being relegated to SCO because their medical equipment won't fit.

I myself have medical equipment, but I don't need it to be with me when I ring, so I'm OK there.
Huh? Medical equipment? Could you elaborate?

Also I have decided that in the ultimate wisdom of spot the front lanes need to renamed 'Colorado' lanes because if we are going completely insane then It might as well be funny too.

Huh? Medical equipment? Could you elaborate?

Also I have decided that in the ultimate wisdom of spot the front lanes need to renamed 'Colorado' lanes because if we are going completely insane then It might as well be funny too.
A wheelchair / walker. Oh and I forgot to add, we've only had the new lanes for two weeks and one of the bag holder arms is already broken...Awesome. :rolleyes:

My stores POG team... Only 2 of 7 are cashier trained. They rarely respond to lane backups, even if they are working right by the lanes. Don't help with a call box for the same aforementioned reason, and will walkie someone else to help a guest with something.
That is the fault of the leads above them. All of my POG TMs are cashier trained, answer calls and guest service. It is expected of them just as it is expected of everyone else.

For those who are still convinced (regardless of your internal spot title) here is the 2nd page of the 2017 annual report given to shareholders (of which I am one. I am because if I am working for a large behemoth, I want a say even if tiny in things. Sadly, the only way now is through shares. Yeah, its a thimble compared to a Olympic swimming pool. Its still something.) To those who don't want to read it, here's tl;dr

E2E is a success and our sales are up because of it, so we are moving forward with the racial changes we implemented and even more to stay competitive and grow sales.
IE: its not going away. If you haven't implemented it, you will. If there is pushback, there is a door.

On a lighter note, it also mentions the Richmond store which is 'The store of the future'. Heh, If I actually made comments on that, it would reveal exactly what store I'm at.
f56789a8e3b4fb5cf33c85c937f29343.png

Last edited:
For those who are still convinced (regardless of your internal spot title) here is the 2nd page of the 2017 annual report given to shareholders (of which I am one. I am because if I am working for a large behemoth, I want a say even if tiny in things. Sadly, the only way now is through shares. Yeah, its a thimble compared to a Olympic swimming pool. Its still something.) To thosw ho don't want to read it, here's tl;dr

E2E is a success and our sales are up because of it so we are moving forward with the racial changes who implimented and ever more to stay competitive and grow sales.
IE: its not going away. If you haven't implemented it, you will. If there is pushback, there is a door.

On a lighter note, it also mentions the Richmond store which is 'The store of the future'. Heh, If I actually made comments on that, it would reveal exactly what store I'm at.
f56789a8e3b4fb5cf33c85c937f29343.png
[/

QUOTE] Wondering where those hundreds of thousands of salesfloor payrolls hours went???

Wondering where those hundreds of thousands of sales floor payrolls hours went???
my guess is that HR took them from where they were supposed to go to help prevent some etl from getting fired by DTL. Even though we are up and sales floor gets somewhat good hours, we still have no cart attendants during the week. (they make the cashiers do it. Yes, you read that correctly. GSTL does that because no one would answer that call and those that did bitched about it eating into their time. So if you call someone who can't bail, you get the carts in)

E2E is a success and our sales are up because of it, so we are moving forward with the racial changes we implemented and even more to stay competitive and grow sales.

Retail sales are up in general and Target is riding the same wave everyone else is regardless of operational changes. Target sale's growth in 2017 wasn't any stronger than its competitors and the only reason it was more profitable is because hours were gutted. The long lasting effects of that gutting won't show up until enough people are pissed off at the lack of stock and lack of service that they shop somewhere else. Of course, by then Cornell will probably have moved on to the next company and he have to deal with it.

Target pretending to emphasize on guest service means nothing when there's not enough TMs to actually provide that service.

No, but it's exactly what I expect, given that all Leads now carry keys and are learning more of what we would have called LOD duties before. That will make most Leaders redundant. Why pay them a salary to do it when they can pay the Leads a cheaper, hourly wage to do it?

I have a feeling this is one of the ways that profitability will be accounted for during the change over. I have yet to be able to see any change that would demonstrate a cost savings for all of this excess work.

This will be a play on head count while "magically' reducing operational cost. It will be spun along the lines of "increasing the number of team members to wait on guest while offsetting the cost through increased efficiencies".

BUZZWORD BINGO!
  • ambitious
  • strategy
  • modernize
  • key priorities
  • blending
  • reimagining
  • at scale
  • guest-facing
  • digital channels
  • flagship app
  • leverage
  • next-generation
  • unlock capabilities
  • cost-effective
  • leaned into
  • competitive advantage
  • industry-leading
  • service model
  • key categories
  • human touch
  • momentum
  • acceleration
  • core categories
  • sum of the parts
  • competitive strength
  • enterprise strategy
  • clear purpose
you are now aware that all Fortune 500 execs are biosynthetic androids running the same narrative loop

BUZZWORD BINGO!
  • ambitious
  • strategy
  • modernize
  • key priorities
  • blending
  • reimagining
  • at scale
  • guest-facing
  • digital channels
  • flagship app
  • leverage
  • next-generation
  • unlock capabilities
  • cost-effective
  • leaned into
  • competitive advantage
  • industry-leading
  • service model
  • key categories
  • human touch
  • momentum
  • acceleration
  • core categories
  • sum of the parts
  • competitive strength
  • enterprise strategy
  • clear purpose
you are now aware that all Fortune 500 execs are biosynthetic androids running the same narrative loop
A bunch of fucktards.

There is something "Rotten in the State of Denmark".

The DC's have not or at least no one is reporting changes taking place supporting us in this new plan. The only thing that was reported on was a small pilot DC operation in the North East. Other than that, nothing, not even a hint of change. Considering the time it takes to reorganize a DC, it would be reasonable to hear of changes taking place now since this thing is going company wide in 2nd qtr 2019.

Cornell and crew front loaded this change at the store level first in order to justify the capital outlay required to convert our DC's to the E2E/Store Modernization program. In other words, they're going to ride any success hard as they can to justify the need to convert our DC's. If they can't, we'll be working a E2E/Store Modernization without DC support. If you watched the Target Red 360 videos, you'll know that this will require a lot more work at the store level. Hours anyone?

Here's an example:

Wal-Mart bolsters Central Florida footprint with 2 new warehouses, 2,000 jobs - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/consumer/os-walmart-distribution-centers-davenport-cocoa-20170523-story.html

Walmart is increasing it's capacity to service their plan. We're not doing this. We're increasing our plan without capacity support. If you go back through the post, there are all kinds of support issues for each of the new Target guest offerings and they haven't subsided either. We're just now starting E2E/Store Modernization in the pilot districts. So how's the merchandise arriving? I'll bet it looks nothing like the videos.

This is not good. Having working knowledge of putting together capital projects and the request for quotes, this leaves me to believe that the cost of such was dead on arrival.

So instead of scaling back or incrementally rolling this out regionally or by district, they decided to go a different route. In other words the least expensive and quickest way in order to preserve our image.

We're chasing instead of leading.

Eventually we'll loose stores as they will not be able to afford to keep pace with the additional burden created from the lack of program support. Low volume stores will struggle right from the start (new staffing plan). I suspect this has to do with the creation of the $27M threshold to go from LV to Base. Below that mark and your profitability is under constant scrutiny.

Then I could be totally off base and everything is being done behind the scenes.

There is something "Rotten in the State of Denmark".

The DC's have not or at least no one is reporting changes taking place supporting us in this new plan. The only thing that was reported on was a small pilot DC operation in the North East. Other than that, nothing, not even a hint of change. Considering the time it takes to reorganize a DC, it would be reasonable to hear of changes taking place now since this thing is going company wide in 2nd qtr 2019.

Cornell and crew front loaded this change at the store level first in order to justify the capital outlay required to convert our DC's to the E2E/Store Modernization program. In other words, they're going to ride any success hard as they can to justify the need to convert our DC's. If they can't, we'll be working a E2E/Store Modernization without DC support. If you watched the Target Red 360 videos, you'll know that this will require a lot more work at the store level. Hours anyone?

Here's an example:

Wal-Mart bolsters Central Florida footprint with 2 new warehouses, 2,000 jobs - http://www.orlandosentinel.com/business/consumer/os-walmart-distribution-centers-davenport-cocoa-20170523-story.html

Walmart is increasing it's capacity to service their plan. We're not doing this. We're increasing our plan without capacity support. If you go back through the post, there are all kinds of support issues for each of the new Target guest offerings and they haven't subsided either. We're just now starting E2E/Store Modernization in the pilot districts. So how's the merchandise arriving? I'll bet it looks nothing like the videos.

This is not good. Having working knowledge of putting together capital projects and the request for quotes, this leaves me to believe that the cost of such was dead on arrival.

So instead of scaling back or incrementally rolling this out regionally or by district, they decided to go a different route. In other words the least expensive and quickest way in order to preserve our image.

We're chasing instead of leading.

Eventually we'll loose stores as they will not be able to afford to keep pace with the additional burden created from the lack of program support. Low volume stores will struggle right from the start (new staffing plan). I suspect this has to do with the creation of the $27M threshold to go from LV to Base. Below that mark and your profitability is under constant scrutiny.

Then I could be totally off base and everything is being done behind the scenes.
My guess is DC stuff will be behind the scenes since it’s not flashy or fun

my guess is that HR took them from where they were supposed to go to help prevent some etl from getting fired by DTL. Even though we are up and sales floor gets somewhat good hours, we still have no cart attendants during the week. (they make the cashiers do it. Yes, you read that correctly. GSTL does that because no one would answer that call and those that did bitched about it eating into their time. So if you call someone who can't bail, you get the carts in)
My understanding is that if there is no CA's available then the ETL's are responsible for cart grabbing.

So is it uniform company expectation now that all Leads become key holders? This pilot hasn't reached my district in CA.

I don't think so. With a consistent closer, you would need fewer Srs. In Express stores they are all Srs.

As time goes by you all will realize that the front loaded, short term money save has been the plan from the beginning. Pallets will be a mess of unsorted repacks, jammed into every crevice of receiving, you’ll have 4-5 hours to sort, stock, rotate, scan outs, and back stock if you have equipment and vehicles to put freight on. Store will be open so be ready to sell, sell, sell and assist on the lanes. What?
I’m sorry to be so negative and I hope others have a better experience we were a pilot perhaps there’s been fine tuning.

Last edited:
Almost half our flow team quit on us, so we're stuck doing truck push way into the afternoon. A real good time to dump E2E on us when we can't even finish that one task. To do everything else on top of a push process that gets done so late in the day is ridiculous. We already tried and failed E2E for a few months last year and now we're going back to it again for some reason. It makes no sense.

Back