MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Umm, nice try. GUESS again! We teach team members to set each tray starting from the bottom (each section is 1') so complete the entire tray with label strips, labels, signing, product, etc. And cleaning as you go. A 24' aisle is actually 48'. So unless you triple up your setters on this 27 hour pog, then your prediction of 7 hours of setting is dead wrong. Have you set cosmetics before?
While it will probably take more than seven hours it definitely should not take 27 hours to set. The key is to not demerch the pog. All of my aisles are flipping but we will still beat their times. I have my signing organized by section before starting then I empty entire trays into carts, put them in the sections that brand goes in, look at my signing for each section and start shuffling trays around. It’s so fast and easy. The hardest part is probably the pegs. So I lift the entire piece off and usually place them where my signing goes until I see what section and order they go in.

Cut hours in market to pay for setting pogs in HBA.
You know market is 10,00 plus over sales everyday so they have hours to steal from.

Maybe where you are, lol

Our store keeps having to steal people from other departments to help out in market because they have maybe 2 people designated as (non-frozen/dairy) market

Whomst else is currently yeeting/soon to yeet all these added POG hours
Why demerch all the product? Why not just remove the trays and relocate to its new spot in new aisle? Seems like a waste of time to demerch.

That's what I'll do with the Maybelline aisle. Scan product. Move shelf to approximate location in new aisle. With two people, I think we can move the entire existing aisle, 20 feet, to its new home, 24 feet, and reset the rest in one night, 20 hours. We'll see.

Umm, nice try. GUESS again! We teach team members to set each tray starting from the bottom (each section is 1') so complete the entire tray with label strips, labels, signing, product, etc. And cleaning as you go. A 24' aisle is actually 48'. So unless you triple up your setters on this 27 hour pog, then your prediction of 7 hours of setting is dead wrong. Have you set cosmetics before?
48????
What kind of measuring tape are YOU using ?
Just because you need to insert twice the amount of labels does NOT increase the length of the aisle.
24’ of product does NOT increase.
I was no math major but I still don’t get your logic.
Labels don’t take as long as fill of product per foot. It’s faster to put up 2 aisles of labels than 2 aisles of product.
24’ stays 24’.
When you actually do the aisle, please update me.

Actually, I hear the DC will be changing some things much sooner, repacks coming sorted is next

My TL told us in the coming weeks that HBA/Beauty repacks will be sorted into like 6 or 7 stock zones instead of the 4 they are now. That will be helpful, but honestly I'd rather they sort stationary/one spot and pets/chem/kitchen into different repacks instead of just shoving them all into one

Can this company please invest in some Wi-Fi stability in store? Half of the zebra devices at our store are not working because they cannot connect through the Wi-Fi
If you've got time,
3rd page > mySettings > Reset WiFi > Place on charger wait 10-15 minutes

No time (short term usually)
3rd page > AirWatch Agent > Profiles > (press and hold on) G2 - tcwireless - PAC - 0XX (where XX is the last two digits of store number) [Re apply]

I work in pet supplies and the zoning is a nightmare. Especially with all the paper dog treat bags that don't always stand up. And then I get yelled at for not being fast enough with zoning.

I got pulled into the office last month and told that I'm not zoning enough. I've been paranoid about my job this last month. I've been with this company since the end of 2017 and I've never been like this.

I honestly can’t speak directly if E2E is going “magnificent” at my store, not sure how you properly observe that aspect since we aren’t 100% E2E when it comes to the processes of the team. We still have not got any of the New titles not the changes to the ETL structure which I’m assuming is happening this spring after the big meeting.

At my store, Electronics, beauty, A&A and market are fully E2E. Our Plano got dissolved and flow is next on the transition. Flow was to be 100% into the E2E process but we’re still doing it like normal to an extent. They are scheduled into hardlines but primarily works on getting the products to the floor, we do have a few that actually helps with a couple of SPL and price changes but not all entirely (which we are still working on).

My previous normal hardline guys does everything. Price, Transitions, audits, zone, reshop, fast service, backstock, helps with push and sometimes fillgroups.

As a HL TL (we have 3 in my store) I primarily over see Electronics & Entertainment/Toys/Home Imp/sporting goods/hardware/auto (for my store that’s A,B,C block). Though I pretty much run the sales floor entirely to be honest when I’m there. Not something that I was asked to do, but i always took intitiave on the entire store process and help out when and where I can with both sales floor, backroom and front end.

I took a look at the numbers since prior leadership before I started and compared to mine, I’ve being there for almost a year and Electronics comped about 12% after I pretty much gutted and implemented strict daily and weekly routines for my team to do. The DTL already gave me praises that my areas have been the best she has ever seen it in a long time and the numbers are showing.
My Electronics Team are 100% clean on push every day. And they do everything in their area, price change, sales planners, push, set their graphics, revisions, etc. etc.

Beauty I noticed is struggling in coming clean with their push but I don’t know if that’s E2E is to be blame or for the fact imo there are 2-3 horrible TMs in that department who are pretty slow pace at what they do which leaves the burden on the other ones who are really good.

A&A are always last and/or is struggling with keeping up with price changes.

Market is hit/miss but it was struggling few months ago. Our old ETL-Food went on “LOA” and now have new a ETL in that area and he seems to be good so far. So we will see if he can get market under control. If he does then honestly I would think it has little do when a store fails to blame it on E2E.

I’ve worked retail long enough and I’m a firm believer it starts by having the right leadership, then the team. And leadership needs to hold people accountable and set expectations otherwise people that half ass and get away with it without repercussions will never show the need to ever actual work if no one calls them out on their performance. Hence why I firmly believe the performance of a store falls under leadership.

Do I think E2E is perfect? No, I don’t believe any system is perfect. Everything has their pros and cons. I however believe people should own their area, this was the way we did it at my last job and I actually love that concept. It enabled my previous team to be strong at their areas, more time to gain intensive detail product knowledge by being around it repeatedly to the point they became a walking encyclopedia for their area. They knew what they have in the back, what they have on the floor, what’s changing out when, what’s coming in which helped them be more confident in providing guest service.

I have current TMs here who confess they hate helping guest in certain areas simply because they don’t know the products that well and have been thrown in so many areas he couldn’t be an expert at anything but only just enough to “work” the areas.

The one thing I will express negatively at my store is this, Market NEEDS more staffing. With the current model there isn’t enough TMs staffed to keep market where it needs to be imo. Hardlines and Electronics are coming good despite being “skeleton crew” but I can tell Market needs more bodies to get all they need to do done in a timely manner.

Last edited:
Back