MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
So there will be a transition team that reports to the salesfloor tl of the area being set each week. Their workcenter will change based on what’s setting. Pog team doesn’t go away.
False. One of the GM leaders is in charge of all transitions while the other is inbound. POG responds to the transition leader

They were letting people go all day or something?

At my store they get you before you even clock in
My store will let you work a whole shift and then tell you. One time they did it to someone at closing and then made them wait outside for their ride while the rest of the team was in the building.

Last edited:
Throughout the morning. I heard one TM being called into the ETL-HR over the walkie and I had a feeling in the pit of my stomach they were being let go because the TM told me earlier in the week that they were addressing trivial issues with them and the TM said thought they were going to be let go.

Last edited:
False. One of the GM leaders is in charge of all transitions while the other is inbound. POG responds to the transition leader
Cool. Our stl started leaking out info. Told the pog team they would stay. I guess he left out some details.

Oh I forgot to mention the transition team will not do revisions anymore. Dept owners will do their own.

Last edited:
Cool. Our stl started leaking out info. Told the pog team they would stay. I guess he left out some details.

Oh I forgot to mention the transition team will not do revisions anymore. Dept owners will do their own.
So is the transition team always the transition team or are they sales floor most of the time but form into Voltron when transitions happen?

This is fine if they aren’t bullshit 100% change revisions. My rug revisions this week: 3 hours for 6 pogs. Sheets? 3.5 hours for one revision.

😐 My mood when someone says, "It's just a revision." Yeah, some of them are 100% change. Why not just call them all transitions instead of pogs and revisions?
then they'd "have" to budget more hours as transitions get more allowed hours than revisions, as always IIRC and ASANTS.

Still no word from anybody about the information all the STLs were given this week?
Sr TL is no more. All TLs will be given keys with no increase in pay. Closing lead is the new position. Many stores currently over headcount for ETLs now. Logistics/ Backroom/ POG/ PC teams are all gone. Now every area owns all processes within their area 100%. All leaders besides opener and closer are mid.

Sr TL is no more. All TLs will be given keys with no increase in pay. Closing lead is the new position. Many stores currently over headcount for ETLs now. Logistics/ Backroom/ POG/ PC teams are all gone. Now every area owns all processes within their area 100%. All leaders besides opener and closer are mid.
On the contrary, all TLs are going to be paygrade 45, which may result in an increase in pay. With or without keys.

Feels like if all this is the case, they’re trying to please the ones saying ‘if you’re going to expect ETL level work out of me where’s my ETL level pay and perks’. I mean, our best TMs under the new op model should be operating at a level TLs could get by with a couple years ago. They’re getting that hefty pay bump. Perhaps this is ours.
Was told by my Stl team leader will be eligible for non cycle raises and year end bonuses like etls.
My STL did tell me he ‘heard some exciting good things regarding pay for team leads’... ETL then admitted I might not be wrong about the paygrade thing, and STL chimed in ‘yeah there’s some other cool stuff coming for you guys on that note’.

I can't tell if I'm happy to be leaving just as this rolls out, I kinda want to see how all the leadership changes play out.

While no word from my store yet, we do have a TL meeting next week. Anybody got word on GSA? I can't imagine they're dumb enough to take that away.

Back