MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I heard today Sunday ad set will start at 8am instead of 5am. That's just gonna suck!
Ours has been this way for a year. It’s funny when certain etls ask if you’re done after an hour.

I wasn’t done after an hour when the store was closed, why would I be now when I also have to help guests while putting up the ad?

I heard today Sunday ad set will start at 8am instead of 5am. That's just gonna suck!

Lol that’s gonna go well at high volume stores. /sarcasm

“It has a sale sign saying it’s 2 for $5!” *sale expired on Saturday but sign was still up*

“Where’s my $10 gift card? Sign said buy 3 and get a $10 gift card!”

As an HR professional, I know everything there is to know about ADA. That has nothing to do with section 7 rights. But anything can happen if you let it. Filing complaints with DOL, EEOC, NLRB...that's how to effectively fight these types of backdoor terms. Bitching about it on an online forum does nothing.

It comes down to how long do you fight? Not saying you don't have a point.

As an HR professional, I know everything there is to know about ADA. That has nothing to do with section 7 rights. But anything can happen if you let it. Filing complaints with DOL, EEOC, NLRB...that's how to effectively fight these types of backdoor terms. Bitching about it on an online forum does nothing.
Ever here about rocking the boat. I need my money and don't have the luxury to get on the bad side of my stl or ETLs and test your theory. You know what else is illegal? Murder but hey people still do it. Plus what else is online used for beside bitching?

Today’s panic in our store is this: one of the ETL’s states that going forward, all TM’s are only to be scheduled in their coded/assigned workcenters. No more picking up shifts in other areas even if you are cross trained. I was given a list of TM’s that were spoken to and had chosen their primary workcenters to recode. So, no more picking up a cashier shift if you’re on the sales floor etc. You can only work in your workcenters/areas NO EXCEPTIONS. Is this my STL not understanding the rollout or is it happening in all stores? I have a feeling if this is true, we’re going to have major turnover from this. We have a lot of TM’s currently picking up shifts in other workcenters to get/keep benefits.

This entire roll out is intended to keep TMs for getting benefits, in addition to cutting down payroll (they know if no one can pick up shifts, TMs will call in, putting the blame for being "short handed" on the Tms.) So, you answered your own questions.

My state is passing that the state minamium wage be at $15. So then what carrot is target going to dangle then. People aren’t gonna want to work for a heartless,nonencouraging, ungrateful employer.
The $15/hr thing was always just a PR move. Made them look a little less heartless before they started being really, really cruel to their employees. Why do you think it's taking so long to roll out?

so far, the gsas at my store were told we are still getting the same shifts & same responsibility/ role even if our title goes away. we generally get gsa/ gstl shifts and service desk shifts. i’m hoping this stays true, but who knows.

I am currently a hardlines team lead with no guest service experience (I actually cannot stand being near the front because it gives me awful anxiety) who was just informed that I will be one of two service and engagement leads in our store...how fast do I run out the door ?

I am currently a hardlines team lead with no guest service experience (I actually cannot stand being near the front because it gives me awful anxiety) who was just informed that I will be one of two service and engagement leads in our store...how fast do I run out the door ?

I know Target loves the idea of a TL being able to run any work center, but GSTL really is different in that the guest experience is such a strong focus of the role that having someone who does not have the guest in their mind first can create a terrible atmosphere there.

It depends on how big your store volume is if its anything like mines you going to have to be ready to run. First thing you'll do is go to your area zone it up take notes on what needs priority first then go pull & push your autofills plus backstock. Afterwards go to receiving find your area Uboats/Flats push and backstocks all. Price change will also be moved to morning now so everybody is expected to pull & work their own. Fill endcaps salesplans gobacks guest first calls etc

Just took a look at the schedules that were just posted for week of 4/7. I noticed an X next to all my times. After some reading of an old thread on here, it means that we are scheduled for a different work center. Looked at my schedule some more and the first part of my shift is inbound (same as before) but the second part is under sales floor. I'm guessing that's when my store is starting to have us own a section

That’s not a “supposed to” thing so I assume it’s your stores idea

i mean, the roll out guide says that self-checkout should be the responder if guest advocates need assistance when the GSTL isn’t in. self-checkout should have keys and equipment. self-checkout should begin the process of closing registers at the end of the night and go into the cash office with the closing team leader. so it would probably make the most sense to schedule former GSAs in that role, no? so i guess no, it’s not “supposed to be”, it is just common sense.

i mean, the roll out guide says that self-checkout should be the responder if guest advocates need assistance when the GSTL isn’t in. self-checkout should have keys and equipment. self-checkout should begin the process of closing registers at the end of the night and go into the cash office with the closing team leader. so it would probably make the most sense to schedule former GSAs in that role, no? so i guess no, it’s not “supposed to be”, it is just common sense.
The guide doesn’t specify any of that. I have the guide and have read it front to back a few times. It says all guest advocates should be able to do it all

The guide doesn’t specify any of that. I have the guide and have read it front to back a few times. It says all guest advocates should be able to do it all

are you in a district participating in the Guest Advocate pilot? because if so you would have received that communication. i have the documents forwarded from our DSD

our Starbucks TL schedules herself to fill the shifts where no one has availability, i don't think it's realistic for Starbucks TLs to not be behind bar making drinks with the limited amount of payroll that Bucks is given
If you’re strictly Starbucks I think you should be a barista a couple times a week but if you’re starbucks/market then I think it should be more spent in market and just supervising Starbucks

are you in a district participating in the Guest Advocate pilot? because if so you would have received that communication. i have the documents forwarded from our DSD
It’s not a pilot anymore so the new guide is what is to be followed. This is the official tool out and anything that differs that was done during the pilot should be thrown out. The whole point is a pilot is it’s temporary and not final. The new guide is final. I’m not saying that idea doesn’t make sense, all I’m saying in no way is that what target is saying. The NEW official rollout specifically states all guest advocates should be able to do everything. Again I honestly don’t believe every store will follow this but that’s what the guide spells out for you

It’s not a pilot anymore so the new guide is what is to be followed. This is the official tool out and anything that differs that was done during the pilot should be thrown out. The whole point is a pilot is it’s temporary and not final. The new guide is final. I’m not saying that idea doesn’t make sense, all I’m saying in no way is that what target is saying. The NEW official rollout specifically states all guest advocates should be able to do everything. Again I honestly don’t believe every store will follow this but that’s what the guide spells out for you

Guest Advocate is still a pilot. it is currently only being piloted in two districts. only stores in those two districts will no longer have GSAs.

I am currently a hardlines team lead with no guest service experience (I actually cannot stand being near the front because it gives me awful anxiety) who was just informed that I will be one of two service and engagement leads in our store...how fast do I run out the

D going

Back