MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
With the role of a TL becoming supervisory and not task oriented, this could work. Starbucks TL won’t need to spend time over there. They’ll need to make sure the team keeps up on routines and the orders etc and focus on food safety

our Starbucks TL schedules herself to fill the shifts where no one has availability, i don't think it's realistic for Starbucks TLs to not be behind bar making drinks with the limited amount of payroll that Bucks is given

our Starbucks TL schedules herself to fill the shifts where no one has availability, i don't think it's realistic for Starbucks TLs to not be behind bar making drinks with the limited amount of payroll that Bucks is given
Other than backing up like any other tl I wouldn't really need to be scheduled over there. During 4th quarter I worked most of my shifts on my sales floor, gstl, and sfs bc they all needed help and my team was good.

I'm really intrigued with how things are going to go. They always have these grand plans and they hardly ever go the way they intend in the beginning.

I like it. Clearance ECs are a mess and typically don’t drive THAT many sales. It’s 70% off items that definitely do bring up sales a bit but not enough for me to actually care.
A lot of guests come just to browse through those endcaps, then end up buying other stuff. It'd be nice if we had the choice to either salvage or let it go another week on clx (so that way you could get rid of the things that you have 8,000,000 of and won't sell but keep nice items that will probably sell), but oh well.

A lot of guests come just to browse through those endcaps, then end up buying other stuff. It'd be nice if we had the choice to either salvage or let it go another week on clx (so that way you could get rid of the things that you have 8,000,000 of and won't sell but keep nice items that will probably sell), but oh well.
You don't have to activate the salvage

Today’s panic in our store is this: one of the ETL’s states that going forward, all TM’s are only to be scheduled in their coded/assigned workcenters. No more picking up shifts in other areas even if you are cross trained. I was given a list of TM’s that were spoken to and had chosen their primary workcenters to recode. So, no more picking up a cashier shift if you’re on the sales floor etc. You can only work in your workcenters/areas NO EXCEPTIONS. Is this my STL not understanding the rollout or is it happening in all stores? I have a feeling if this is true, we’re going to have major turnover from this. We have a lot of TM’s currently picking up shifts in other workcenters to get/keep benefits.

I'm hoping ASANTS on this, and I'm really sorry it's happening to you guys. On the plus side, it would stop my randomly scheduled cashier shifts, but on the negative side, I wouldn't be able to pick up hours elsewhere. With summer coming I'm hoping for 20 hours a week (as I have a full-time seasonal job too), but if it's this 8-10 hours a week crap...things will get interesting.

Honestly, I'm hoping to be fully gone by BTS. But we'll see.

Another target thing that looks great on paper but will be destroyed by lack of hours. I could write a bunch of stuff down doesn't mean it's gonna happen or be realistic.

for instance...

The new sort process will increase time to allow team members to be personal shoppers to find our guests their entire shopping list. This will drive guests loyalty.

Team members should take as much time as possible to make sure there designated areas are completely full and up to brand. Working the truck will be secondary. If truck isn't complete just continue on the next day.

We encourage a work life balance. We will work around your schedule because we know your time with family is important to you.

Amazing talent will come to work for Target as we increase our generous wage to $15 dollars an hour. Target offers amazing benefits and a fast, fun and friendly work atmosphere.

See sounds great doesn't it.....

We had a GSTL step down to return to school full time. He wanted to stay with spot so he had to take a transfer to another store. He was not allowed to stay at our store.
ASANTS. We had a team lead step down and he was able to stay with permission from the DTL. My guess is that the STL wanted him to stay. Without the STLs support, I'm sure he would've had to transfer.

They're not expected to
First: Following this thread has had me so worked up and nervous wondering what is the future for my position and my store overall.
Huge Thank you to my STL today for putting my mind at ease. The information I received was presented as a positive change for both me personally and as a whole for operations within our store. I am really sorry that modernization is not working in some stores but I have confidence that we can do it. ok, we havn’t actually started yet so i’ll Have to keep you posted if I was wrong, but I really like what I heard.

Positives:
1. We each have an AREA of the store instead of a PROCESS - upside is : no more fighting between teams “cause you cut corners, my job is harder”
2. No more annoying lazy GSA’s a.k.a. Cashiers with Attitude
3. No more ‘only 1 LOD’ available - there will be a leader for every area - more leaders available with answers
4. End of year BONUS - not going to miss out on that.
5. TL will no longer be just overworked tm’s - we can truly lead to effect results - not Work AND try to lead.
6. Increase in TL head count for us.
7. Everyone has to cashier - no special pass exceptions for specialty teams ( I mean you : inbound/Plano/pricing TM - YOU are no longer “special” ) - go backup !

Negatives:
1. Someone has to close 5 nights a week - have to say i’m Surprised to read some don’t see this as a big yuck. Better you than me.
2. We miss supper with the family if we have 10-6:30 shifts. I see this as an increasing trend that is leading to greater breakdown of the close family unit.
And eating later in the evening contributing to obesity (8-4 great, 9-5 manageable, 10-6 the latest that is reasonable)

Now to get everyone mad at me, but i’m Going to say it :
Please stop whining and come up with solutions and start sharing how to make this work !
I want to get this par-tay started with fully trained tm’s, strong routines and firm expectations ! (Monday)

Today’s panic in our store is this: one of the ETL’s states that going forward, all TM’s are only to be scheduled in their coded/assigned workcenters. No more picking up shifts in other areas even if you are cross trained. I was given a list of TM’s that were spoken to and had chosen their primary workcenters to recode. So, no more picking up a cashier shift if you’re on the sales floor etc. You can only work in your workcenters/areas NO EXCEPTIONS. Is this my STL not understanding the rollout or is it happening in all stores? I have a feeling if this is true, we’re going to have major turnover from this. We have a lot of TM’s currently picking up shifts in other workcenters to get/keep benefits.
I have seen someone scheduled a certain area still get pulled to do something else depending on the store leadership of the day and it includes cashier too..

I got the your position is being eliminated talk. I'm an electronics TL. They told me I still have a TL spot and nobody has to transfer, we're going to run over for a bit. Looks like either Style or GM for me. Curious as to what dept. I end up with...

It's probably a good idea you're looking, yeah. I'm doing it too. Only getting 1 day a week myself and have been looking for a month or two now

Target was only meant to be temporary. (Of course, I said that the first time I worked at Spot and stayed five years. Whoops.) I needed a part time gig while I was in grad school, so the hours have mostly worked for me...mostly. I also needed a distraction on weekends because I was moping about my ex most weekends. Why not hate my life AND get paid for it? Hence...Spot. (Can't complain about the discount either.)

I may be getting a full time deal on campus for next year, but nothing is for sure yet. I also toyed with just going back to work full time too, and both scenarios don't include Target. More than likely, I'm going to get a job in the middle of nowhere and I'm not driving an hour to go work weekends. It hasn't all been terrible, but it's not meant to be a permanent place for me.

Help each other with ideas are pointless when we are not allowed to discuss them at work due to fear of being fired. It's looked at as resistance to the new process to question it or even offer common sense solutions to help the process. The executioner is a new role that wasn't covered in the April 1st role out.
Being fired for discussing working conditions would be a violation of your section 7 rights under the National Labor Relations Act.

I got the your position is being eliminated talk. I'm an electronics TL. They told me I still have a TL spot and nobody has to transfer, we're going to run over for a bit. Looks like either Style or GM for me. Curious as to what dept. I end up with...
I can’t wait to see the shit show our electronics becomes once the ETL takes over.

If you aren't doing anything wrong, they can't prove that they would have terminated you otherwise.

oh you are new here aren't you?

If this company can force out ADA special needs people without repercussions then drop kicking some one for talking about working conditions will not even make them think twice about it. they won't even break a sweat when shoving you out the door.

oh you are new here aren't you?

If this company can force out ADA special needs people without repercussions then drop kicking some one for talking about working conditions will not even make them think twice about it. they won't even break a sweat when shoving you out the door.
truth here. they can say that the "slowness" isnt keeping up with the handbook/TL/ETL/STL expectation of work/hour and coach you. then 1 more coaching to keep it up. in the end i have found so many loopholes in the ADA-even when the reason for coaching is linked to a disability-that unless your physically handicapped, it wont help ya much.

If you aren't doing anything wrong, they can't prove that they would have terminated you otherwise.

Lol. I guess you've never heard the term "performanced out".

When you look hard enough, anybody can be doing something wrong at any time. If you absolutely can't find anything wrong, you give them tasks that are impossible to finish and document it when they fail until it's enough to justify firing. It's not like the employee is going to be able to prove that it's really retaliatory actions.

Back