MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Team members will get one-on-ones and huddles, you will definitely be told because everybody needs to know of the new operations model. Yours might be later than others depending on how prepared your management is. You can always inquire with a E/TL you like beforehand and get info before others, otherwise you'll just have to wait to see how your store rolls it out.

Does anyone else's store have the problem where the Zebras absolutely will not work? I've tried nearly 20 different devices and they all keep getting stuck in the fucking endless loading loop before switching to the red exclamation point in a circle.

I can't *do* anything.
Or you will be in one program and it stops scanning and you have to reboot. I rebooted mine 4 times today.

Meanwhile - as the quote-y quotes go, my TL keeps telling me, "Look, it's working at all the other stores." I work at being a team player in softlines, but when 1/3 of my hours are consumed by operator duty, serving guests needs and cashiering, how the hell am I supposed to push/zone and get stray for ALL of Ready to Wear?

Edited to add - With 30% fewer hours. Which we were told in a huddle to "be happy we have a job."
That is so something they'd say here. 🤦‍♀️

Does anyone know when interviews will be starting for TL positions? My Store Manager said they will be hiring 2 more TLs, I talked to my ETL more about it and she set me up with the HR-TL to get me prepared for the interview but told me they would find out all the details today? Not working today though

Will inbound tm keep job

They will always have to have a team unloading the truck. I've heard though not to expect more then a 4 hour shift. Even if they give me 5 days a week it's still only 20 hours. Not worth keeping that job, especially if half the year you'll only be getting one shift a week.

I plan on using my 1 on 1 to demand more hours. Maybe not 40 a week but a full 8+ hour shift and regular days that won't chnage every week. Before modernization I went a whole year without bothering to look at the schedule. It was the same hours and same days every week. Now it varies from week to week which makes having another job, or looking for another job, near impossible.

Does anyone know when interviews will be starting for TL positions? My Store Manager said they will be hiring 2 more TLs, I talked to my ETL more about it and she set me up with the HR-TL to get me prepared for the interview but told me they would find out all the details today? Not working today though
Store by store basis. Some stores (not mine) are actually losing TLs.

My store has an Off-site Warehouse and were going to be loosing 3 TLs and 1 ETL. As the Food & Bev TL, depending on sales, I may absorb Paper, Pets, and Chem.

My PPTL was told she's still in charge of transitions but she also gets a department.

They should give her seasonal. Makes the most sense.
I really do hate to say it, but it would make SO much sense if the POG team was responsible for seasonal, considering that seasonal sets rarely coincide with other major transitions, plus it would resolve the issue of POG not getting hours during weeks with no transition.

I really do hate to say it, but it would make SO much sense if the POG team was responsible for seasonal, considering that seasonal sets rarely coincide with other major transitions, plus it would resolve the issue of POG not getting hours during weeks with no transition.

And our primary specialization is merchandising, so when shit goes discontinued, we do a pretty good job of keeping it full and shiny.

Not that just anyone can do that, but it is something we definitely all enjoy doing.

So, I just got my new position, Closing LOD. I forgot to ask whether to ask if I was going to have a team, less than 20 mil store ,so who knows with our scheduling constraints. I wonder if I will get some. I mean who knows, or really cares, I'm here for the money, so I will do as is expected until another promotion. I just hope I do get at least 1 TM, because there is one TM who wants to switch to my department "whatever that is," since I was not allowed to say anything about rollout, and we could really kick butt. I'm just crossing my fingers. I was food sr. TL, running a high volume Starbucks, pizza hut/cafe, and Starbucks. This will be a cake walk for me, no matter what. I hope the best for all the rest of you. I will do my part to help the other leaders at mt store, I just hope you all end up okay.

So, I just got my new position, Closing LOD. I forgot to ask whether to ask if I was going to have a team, less than 20 mil store ,so who knows with our scheduling constraints. I wonder if I will get some. I mean who knows, or really cares, I'm here for the money, so I will do as is expected until another promotion. I just hope I do get at least 1 TM, because there is one TM who wants to switch to my department "whatever that is," since I was not allowed to say anything about rollout, and we could really kick butt. I'm just crossing my fingers. I was food sr. TL, running a high volume Starbucks, pizza hut/cafe, and Starbucks. This will be a cake walk for me, no matter what. I hope the best for all the rest of you. I will do my part to help the other leaders at mt store, I just hope you all end up okay.
Any reason they moved you out of Food Service? They have someone in mind to take over for you, or does your store lose that position?

On
My answers:

1. Miss me with closing shifts
2. Uhh maybe
3. Miss me with food prep
4. Absolutely the fuck not!

That really sucks fam.
One of the reasons for the M-F close is because one of the TL will close m-f and not work anything else. This TL will have keys and close the store like the etls do. Our etls are no longer closing m-f.

Congrats! I’m looking forward to this position. As a store that’s been rolling things out for a few months, I’m excited to be able to help my peers keep their teams accountable, which will in turn make everyone’s job at every level easier.

We
I've been with Target for a little over two years working in flow and I am new to this website. Wanting to understand what is going on at my store, I started Googling and alas, I'm here. Saying that I feel like a deer caught in headlamps right now as I read through this thread, would be an understatement. I had no idea....

For what my opinion is worth (and it may not be worth much), I think modernization has been successful at my store, too successful. We went from barely finishing the trucks (2,100/per avg truck) in 8 hours to finishing same truck in an avg 5 hours. One of the things we did that was just plum crazy was bowling from the pallets/flatbeds to the floor to the shelf. Now sorting from the line to u-boats is just smarter all the way around. We've also doubled the unload crew making it a lot easier physically. That said, this has taken a huge bite out of my paycheck from the lack of hours. Further, Target also reduced my hourly rate by $1 when they shifted our start time from 4am to 6am. Now, I'm at a point where I need to decide if I want to stay with Target going forward? Sounds like April 1st is going to be a big day at Target w/ big announcements. Sounds like the Flow team as I know it now will be no more. It also sounds like the hours I was accustomed to will not be returning? That $15/hr pay raise/pie in-the-sky number doesn't really equate to much when my hours have been cut by half.

I'm starting to think it’s time to start a new chapter.

Something else I’ve noticed at my store and others that I've visited. Not too many folks at the ETL or TL in the 40s-50s age range? Is this the case at your store? I'd like to think it’s just my store?
we have an etl that has been there since she was 16 and she is going to retire in about 5 years or I’m sure. The rest of the etls are all under 40

Back