MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I got a question but I guess I can ask my store director later but could not get it clarified in our meeting today. I’m currently a hardlines TL who oversees Electronics and two other areas. In the new op model I will become one of the GM TLs but when I looked at the reporting it said that Tech reports directly to ETL Specialty Sales. Does this mean GM will not oversee electronics at all?

Anyone else owning chemicals? Been doing it for a few weeks now and have only once come clean.. zoning/pulling massive exfs+autofills then doing like 2-3 flats and 7-12 u-boats is next to impossible in one shift.

We pptls will get more than just one dept. We will get a few.

That's what my PPTL was told. ASANTs.

I really do hate to say it, but it would make SO much sense if the POG team was responsible for seasonal, considering that seasonal sets rarely coincide with other major transitions, plus it would resolve the issue of POG not getting hours during weeks with no transition.

Also miniseasonal.

Maybe Dollar Spot too because "blah blah front end doesn't do it anymore".

Anyone else owning chemicals? Been doing it for a few weeks now and have only once come clean.. zoning/pulling massive exfs+autofills then doing like 2-3 flats and 7-12 u-boats is next to impossible in one shift.

There is no way you get 7-12 uboats of Chem. Are you a super target? How long is 1 shift for you? You should be able to push and backstock Chem truck, pull and push Chem autofills, and do a little bit of a zone in 5 hours .

Are you working efficiently? Watching your footsteps, using 2 hands to stock items, keeping your U-boat in the aisle with you or at least setting all the boxes down in the aisle from the U-boat, then stocking.

I own pets and people think its easier than Chem. But it's really not. The boxes take longer to stock on average since they are filled with little time consuming items sometimes wrapped in plastic on top of the case like cat cans, dog cans, dog toys, pet shampoo, little bags of dog and cat food wrapped in a plastic case.

There is no way you get 7-12 uboats of Chem. Are you a super target? How long is 1 shift for you? You should be able to push and backstock Chem truck, pull and push Chem autofills, and do a little bit of a zone in 5 hours .

Are you working efficiently? Watching your footsteps, using 2 hands to stock items, keeping your U-boat in the aisle with you or at least setting all the boxes down in the aisle from the U-boat, then stocking.
I haven't seen less than 7 u-boats and 2 flats yet, and on those days the exf/autos are usually 160+ dpci's which for chem is like 4+ tubs full. Can't work faster than I am now.

Pets is a bitch (lol get it) because the fifty million dog toys are always scattered all over the base deck and that whole section never gets deep zoned because it would take 30 years. Dog bed pog is zany and the width of the pog spacings don't match the actual width of the items so the beds are fucking crammed wherever. Some dingus shoved in so many of the huge dog beds that it lifted the upper shelf off its braces...wew I'm glad I noticed that shit before it slid off and decapitated somebody but anyway, yeah I'll own it if I can start with a couple 80 hour weeks to get the pog and zone fixed lol

Pets is a bitch (lol get it) because the fifty million dog toys are always scattered all over the base deck and that whole section never gets deep zoned because it would take 30 years. Dog bed pog is zany and the width of the pog spacings don't match the actual width of the items so the beds are fucking crammed wherever. Some dingus shoved in so many of the huge dog beds that it lifted the upper shelf off its braces...wew I'm glad I noticed that shit before it slid off and decapitated somebody but anyway, yeah I'll own it if I can start with a couple 80 hour weeks to get the pog and zone fixed lol

The issue also is when you deepzone it, there's inevitably 5000000 salvage.

Kind of like how I deepzoned kid's books today when I was doing the revisions.

And check that freshness. Anything else I might say about that could be in incredibly poor taste so just gonna let er buck

Can confirm a few things after our meeting.

- Team members are not to get over 30 hours
- team members unwilling or able to do ladders learn opu work faster and harder etc are to be termed regardless of age or physical or mental disabilities
- team leads are eligible for “incentives” more info to come in june
- dcs will not be changed for the foreseeable future we are expected to “make it work or be termed”

- team members unwilling or able to do ladders learn opu work faster and harder etc are to be termed regardless of age or physical or mental disabilities
- dcs will not be changed for the foreseeable future we are expected to “make it work or be termed”
They actually said that in your meeting no one above 30 hours?

I got a question but I guess I can ask my store director later but could not get it clarified in our meeting today. I’m currently a hardlines TL who oversees Electronics and two other areas. In the new op model I will become one of the GM TLs but when I looked at the reporting it said that Tech reports directly to ETL Specialty Sales. Does this mean GM will not oversee electronics at all?
If you are a GM TL now, you don't own tech anymore. Tech and beauty are specialty sales now, meaning your either in charge of both of them if you are the specialty saels leader or none if your GM. The ETL will run it more than likely at most stores.

Well then they can stop putting more than 30 hours of signing in a single week then, right?

Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 - Wikipedia - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Americans_with_Disabilities_Act_of_1990

at this point this thread has almost zero information because i'm pretty sure a couple people in here are posting complete bullshit lmao.

I'm getting over 30 hours, and that isn't changing unless they're going to unnecessarily add another Electronics TM.

We have a shit ton of people that can't use ladders and if they all get fired I would be surprised as that would be a lawsuit waiting to happen.

Whether it works or not the fact is that it's not going away. Its not going to be pretty or easy for some. There is garranteed to be alot of turnover right off the bat but it's not going away. Our TL meeting this morning didn't answer any questions and I'm still in the dark as to where I'm moving to since Plano TL is now gone. So I get it's hard to be positive when all my TMs are stressed and frustrated and morale is so low and just want answers same as me. We can either roll with it or leave.

I'm just concentrating on teaching as many TMs as I can how to do pricing, salvage, how to read and set a pog and all the little things that go along with it that aren't on that planogram paper while I can. I haven't had a 'team' for like 6 months. I may not be as positive and it definitely sucks but I'm going to make sure my stores TMs are completely lost when they are responsible for their own pogs.

Most of those are ASANTS because that is not the direction in my district. While yes it’s obvious get on board or get out, it was never said. The 30 hours thing is definitely not a real rule just something I assume your store or district is pushing but definitely not HQ directive.

They told us to write down the names of people who wont make it with the new expecations so they can be performanced out first. This is verbatim what my etl hr and stl said. I want to believe in modernization but if this is the mindset, no thanks.
Funny my stl said “start over with everyone” referring to opinions and whether somebody can do something or not. He said give everyone a fresh start to prove themselves

Back