MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I just meant, I can backstock a full uboat a lot faster than I can push it. I also, then don't have to fix the overpush when I'm trying to zone.

Unfortunately, it's going to be more obvious why things are like that when you have to start doing price changes, revisions and salesplanners. GM PC isn't as consistently bad as Style, it's a little all or nothing in a lot of non-Market areas, but some days it's going to be huge. And sometimes your revisions are going to basically be a reset of the entire aisles on the same week all your salesplanners need to be set.

Plus, I obviously don't know how it is at your store, but there's stores out there were TMs are being meticulously timed on their Uboats and getting coached for even taking a piss.

Ok so, I am in a pilot store. There's no more GSA's, so how are we supposed to figure out our breaks, and handle change, if we run low on money? I asked my store manager and they tippy toed around my question. So basically, am I going to be my own GSA, and have keys to the money?
We are training people to open and close. These people then work our slowest sco and keep the breaks on schedule and get change. Former gsas may be anywhere, from cashier to guest services.

It took a couple of weeks to get the flow right.

It seems to be going around. We had a pretty big visit from District and Group, thankfully that’s all the bigger it was. They want to make sure everyone is following all of the new roll outs. Ours went great but we still aren’t meeting some of their unreachable goals.

Two things happened today. First, we had a visit from the district person. Not sure how it went but I saw he had all the ETLs zoning an aisle. Walked by and was surprised to see ETL-HR zoning.

Second, there were multiple calls for help on the check lanes but I never responded since they never thought to to cross train sales floor or inbound TMs on the front end until we are running around like crazy. My TL told me today it's my responsibility to get trained and to make sure I'm set by next week. Well, I don't work next week so I guess that means tomorrow I will be asking to get trained. It'll make 2 days in a row without touching my truck push

Two things happened today. First, we had a visit from the district person. Not sure how it went but I saw he had all the ETLs zoning an aisle. Walked by and was surprised to see ETL-HR zoning.

Second, there were multiple calls for help on the check lanes but I never responded since they never thought to to cross train sales floor or inbound TMs on the front end until we are running around like crazy. My TL told me today it's my responsibility to get trained and to make sure I'm set by next week. Well, I don't work next week so I guess that means tomorrow I will be asking to get trained. It'll make 2 days in a row without touching my truck push
It’s your responsibility to get trained? Um no that’s your leader’s responsibility. I would never tell my team that. I have two TMs who we never got register trained. MY responsibility.

Basically everyone at the front is supposed to know how to do everything (cashier, SCO, OPU, DU, open & close the lanes, price match, etc). So, yes you could/should be able to get your own change.

With that said, your store's leadership needs to be willing to invest in training everyone one and your peers need to be competent enough to learn everything with next to no training. My store failed at this. My store's GSAs are flying the coop so... it's kind of a mess.
It is a mess. I’m the last ex-GSA at my store, but they’re basically still scheduling me as one (mid shifts and all). I’m still training people on the downlow because so many TMs are frustrated because they’re expected to be “experts” after one night of training (and possibly not being scheduled again for three days or so).

Today I finally had time to zone and audit one aisle in my department that has been sparsely filled. Yeah, whomever set the pog back in December never tied it. So all that product has been languishing in the back for 6 months. I tied it and requested a batch, so I know what I'll be pulling with my autofills on Monday.

Ok so, I am in a pilot store. There's no more GSA's, so how are we supposed to figure out our breaks, and handle change, if we run low on money? I asked my store manager and they tippy toed around my question. So basically, am I going to be my own GSA, and have keys to the money?
@RedcardReba answered your other questions, but regarding breaks: best practice says HR should make the break schedule, but at my store one of the SETLs is making it during the overlap while both are there (because no one wants the break times the computer spits out). They also delegate that task to me sometimes since I know how. (Obviously, ASANTS is already happening, and when three of us up there know how to do it I don't see why we should ask our one HRTM/Expert/etc. to do it.)

Because ASANTS is already happening, I'd ask your SETL for clarification.

Today I finally had time to zone and audit one aisle in my department that has been sparsely filled. Yeah, whomever set the pog back in December never tied it. So all that product has been languishing in the back for 6 months. I tied it and requested a batch, so I know what I'll be pulling with my autofills on Monday.

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I really find it hard to believe an aiske could remain untied for 6 months. At my store, we have aisles that come untied for no apparent reason.

We had an aisle that was untied for months. No could understand why it was so empty until one day i said let me check to see if we have it in back and then realized it wasn't tied! No wonder so much went to backstock right off the truck! Lol

I'm not saying you are wrong, but I really find it hard to believe an aiske could remain untied for 6 months. At my store, we have aisles that come untied for no apparent reason.
I'm sure it's possible, but it was also one of those half aisles in decorative home. And nobody gave that area the time of day until I got assigned to it. The VMG hated working in hardlines so it was a mess. I also removed a bookcase that we stopped selling last year but was left on display for some reason. When I told my ETL about the pog he didn't seem surprised either.

@RedcardReba answered your other questions, but regarding breaks: best practice says HR should make the break schedule, but at my store one of the SETLs is making it during the overlap while both are there

Interesting that that is best practice. My store has the opening guest advocate do that while they run SCO and do DU. My store has a fairly active DU period for the first hour we're open along with a good push of guests for the first 30 minutes so doing break schedule makes things a bit harried for the poor opener.

Back