MEGATHREAD 2018-2019 Store Modernization Megathread

[OPINION] How do you feel about these changes?

• I like them.

• I dislike them.

Results are only viewable after voting.
almost all of the GMs are drowning in freight and are completely unable/willing to help cover the lanes or callboxes.

That's right. I mean if I answered even one call I wouldn't get my work done. I don't get it done as it is but I'd be even MORE behind. If my shifts were longer I might stand a chance of getting stuff done. But a 4 hour shift? Nah.

I haven't been on a register since I learned how to use one months ago. I would answer the call, but again, I'm already getting told off for not finishing all my tasks. Rather get grilled for not answering calls (one thing) than sitting and listening to a list of four things I didn't get done because I did answer a call.

I keep saying it...and the situation keeps getting worse.

Last edited:
Imagine if the military dropped specializations and just had everyone do everything. No army, no navy, no air force, no marines. No dedicated tank operators, no snipers, no medics, no pilots. Every infantryman just had to jump into a particular role depending on the day.
At Work, Expertise Is Falling Out of Favor

Notice this Navy ship has the lowest survival rating on their scale. And all the problems they've had since no one had in depth training and dedication to critical jobs. And how it was rushed in, skipping experimentation, because someone from a business background decreed it had to work.

Inbound has been P1 they're essentials bound for life that is if you stay back or scheduled later its mandatory to push at Spot there is never free time besides breaks.

Some things I've noticed lately:

-Apparently, 11am unload is coming soon at my store, and eventually they want a midday unload everywhere, so the "salesfloor" flow team is there at the same time the store is busy. You know, because the time there should be tons of vehicles on the floor is when the store is busy. Also, doesn't that mean the autos will have stuff in them that's on the truck? Isn't that something we try to avoid?
-The "one for one" thing is totally pointless. Having 6 of something on the shelf as opposed to 5 doesn't increase sales in any meaningful way. This way of pulling was abandoned years ago for being pointless. Also, if they want less product in the backroom... maybe don't send stores so much product. And the manuals don't even fix the real issues, which are incorrect counts. Wouldn't that time be better spent researching outs? You know, the places that are empty?
-Zoning officially seems to be dead, now that the evening TMs are also having to push, and the unrealistic times given to push truck mean that none of the truck team bothers to "push as you go" like was supposed to happen.
-Set Workload in myWork is so comically slow, I feel like I'm being Punk'd when I open it. They can't seriously expect that to replace the Adjacency Calendar and TWT.

How stupid are the people who run this company?

Still nothing Flex team needs to be worried about we’ll still figure out ways to find shyt. That is if they don’t pull us out of our comfort to help their fucking GM salesfloor.

Bruh my store already modernized we’re getting 8 trucks minimum per week they’re all acknowledged at 5am..

Not unloading until noon likely isn't that big of deal for SFS if they are letting you pause carts so that you get the items you need when the trailer is unloaded. It will cause problems for OPU. Even with a 6:30 unload time, I have days where I get 3-4 INFs in the morning becuase things aren't unloaded yet. Those days just happen from time to time and there is nothing to be done about it. The later the truck is unloaded, the more likely those days are going to happen. I would anticipate major problems with it during Q4 because there are people who check the website every morning to see if the specific toy they want is in stock.

Acknowledging a truck, but not unloading it until later is a setting the store up to fail on OPU metrics. Not everyday, but often enough that it's not the greatest idea in the world.

At Work, Expertise Is Falling Out of Favor

Notice this Navy ship has the lowest survival rating on their scale. And all the problems they've had since no one had in depth training and dedication to critical jobs. And how it was rushed in, skipping experimentation, because someone from a business background decreed it had to work.
Awesome article , @Tessa120. Thanks for the link. 👍

We haven’t started 16 yet only this past 3 weeks at 11 trucks a week. 4 doubles

We have lost so many quality Team Members. A 1K truck is just about our limit when it comes to being able to come clean within the day.

I would just turn around and walk out if we had 11 trucks. Wouldn't want to hear all of the bullsh!t expectations and crap for not being able to handle the number of trucks.

Has anyone else been required to fill out a Daily Work Report (? - worksheet not titled) for your shift?

Apparently our DTL wants the GM Team to fill out these sheets with time and notes for 6 Task (Sp's/POG/Rev, Zone, PC/PC Batches/Labels, Autofil/EXF Fill, Truck, Update SFQ/SFC).

Any idea what the plan is or what they plan to do with these?

PM me this info if necessary.

We have lost so many quality Team Members. A 1K truck is just about our limit when it comes to being able to come clean within the day.

I would just turn around and walk out if we had 11 trucks. Wouldn't want to hear all of the bullsh!t expectations and crap for not being able to handle the number of trucks.

We're getting to that state, only just barely above that 1k mark.

Are you running through newbies a lot too? I don't think I've seen more than about 6-7 faces lately that aren't new, among the floor TMs

Has anyone else been required to fill out a Daily Work Report (? - worksheet not titled) for your shift?

Apparently our DTL wants the GM Team to fill out these sheets with time and notes for 6 Task (Sp's/POG/Rev, Zone, PC/PC Batches/Labels, Autofil/EXF Fill, Truck, Update SFQ/SFC).

If anybody interrupts my productivity to make me fill out a worksheet about my productivity...

If anybody interrupts my productivity to make me fill out a worksheet about my productivity...

Our worksheets just list everything we are asked to do for the day, sometimes numbered in order of priority, some tasks with set times (zoning and 1 for 1 pulls). I leave it on my TL's desk and at the end of the day, check off what was accomplished.

Market at my store was filling out worksheets at one point with timers attached to their uboats. Not sure if that was corporate testing this whole nonsense out or the TL holding her team accountable, lol.

I haven’t heard anything about this yet but I guarantee we’re getting a visit next week so maybe they’ll give us this info

We're getting to that state, only just barely above that 1k mark.

Are you running through newbies a lot too? I don't think I've seen more than about 6-7 faces lately that aren't new, among the floor TMs
My store definitely is, every single DBO besides 3 of them are new & already they’re dropping like flies once they realize how much work they have to do. 4 have quit working the first 2 days of training

Apparently, 11am unload is coming soon at my store, and eventually they want a midday unload everywhere, so the "salesfloor" flow team is there at the same time the store is busy.

And in a tight labor market there's tons of folks looking to work in the middle of the day? The same kind of mid shift that most TLs loathe.

Back