Archived 30 days after hire

Status
Not open for further replies.

NKG

Nkg
I have been with Target for 30 days and i constantly go home feeling frustrated not at Target but the lack of training. I have previous retail experience and a quick learner. I have voiced to my TL and other TL what i want. Yet here i am still not wave, fork lift or electric pallet jack trained, yet still have to get furniture for hardline guests. When i leave, i tell them my day was okay and ask what could have been better, i am tired of repeating myself. Its even worse that im new and have not made any close friends to help me get though my day. I eventually want to become team lead. Im hoping someone here had a similar experience and can tell me their outcome.

If you are salesfloor, ask for lod or backroom to help you. If you are backroom, ask lod or brtl to get trained correctly without delay.
I am salesfloor & backroom trained with crown & forklift. I will help you out. Just ask for me. I will show you how to use equipment. But I can't certified you:( I will give you, just enough info to be safe & operate equipment.
Welcome!

Last edited:
It's highly unusual for a salesfloor TM (especially a new one) to be trained on backroom equipment. If you need an item for a guest, you should call the backroom and ask them to pull it, and they will have it ready when you get back there.

Just keep asking them. Don't jump down their throats about it ( that just pisses them off which leads to more issues) just remind them every so often that you would like to be trained/certified. Eventally they will get it done. Also, check with your hr/tm. hr/etl, etls, tl. On who can certify you.

@Nokiddiegloves, if you're a backroom TM, let your TL know that you need to be trained on the powered equipment so you can do your job. Before I was trained on the WAVe, I was pulling CAFs alone in the backroom and had a batch that included pallet locations on top of the steel. So I called the LOD and let him know I needed help because I wasn't WAVe trained (and I couldn't use the ladder because ginormous heavy boxes). Of course, he took forever to get back there, so that batch rolled. My TL was pissed and made sure I was trained and certified ASAP.

Same here. Who can certify?

Backroom TL? Or in some stores, a demonstration or spiel from a backroom trainer may pass as "certification."

Same when I was signing tm the receiver trained me on wave and crown. Man that was 3 yrs ago I'm old fuck!!!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back